Ather 450X Discussions

Ha Ha… New plant in Hosur is on the way, if it is up and running in near by months, then we may get 450X by 2nd quarter of 2020

1 Like

If they are doing all this for the 450X, then I’m so excited and pissed at the same time :expressionless::unamused:

I’m still wondering why I didn’t get a flair/badge after preordering the 450X :thinking:

1 Like

Ahhh I think the touch interface is quite a looker and attention seeker , Sad if this is gone :frowning:

2 Likes

I feel so dissappointed that the rolled out scooters are not upto the mark and they are just launching a new version.
Moreover it has just been 1.5 months since i got my scooter and @Ather.Team is launching a new scooter
Atleast if they had informed us during the 10 day hault in september we would have waited for a few more months rather than getting a scooter which is having so many problems and has been rode only for 1.5 months.
Very dissappointing @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji

2 Likes

Not what I heard from the team, but if that’s the case. It can’t be called a variant of the 450 I don’t think Ather will ever move to a chain drive. No scooter has a chain drive. And in EVs I know of only the UV F77 has a chain drive and has got some criticism on the matter. I think that’s unlikely. It would make sense if they took away the touchscreen. Mass market. Cutting some costs will make a lot of sense.

My thoughts I feel like Ather doesn’t have a product yet. Since they had no idea in December that they’ll be going by this expansion plan. Unless they lied to us at the owners meet, they must have thought of it only recently to fix all the shortcomings of the Ather 450 ( hence the Twitter post by @tarun to start at the drawing board to fix everything ). I think we’re quite far from the actually product deliveries. It’s likely they’ll be starting it from the new plant which is a good 6-8 months away from what I’ve heard and read. I’m starting to believe this unveil for owners and followers was just telling us that they have started working on a new product. Time will tell.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pre-order Invite Codes

IMHO Ather will not create so much buzz and hype for a product which is still on paper and not even in alpha stage , They must have done some homework especially if they are working on a souped up version of 450 they have every thing in place its just fitting better parts and upgrade the model eliminating known issues and they have lot of user feedback and data so it shouldn’t be very hard.

If they would have built something new from scratch why they would name it 450X ?

My guesses

1. Minor tweaks in design overall looks may remain same unless Ather gets Over Enthusiastic…
  2. 1st concern with current 450 is Range so definitely a Bigger Battery or Better Chemistry, Updates to Motor specs.(With Competition heated up from Bajaj Chetak with 95Kms advertised Range Its a need of time to remain competitive)
    3 Better thermal stabilization for battery and motor (may be liquid cooling)
    4 New Dashboard with better processor and memory with same UI.
    5 4G Connectivity , Enters Bluetooth
    6 Better Brakes and Tyres
4 Likes

If touch interface will not be there …then its a big disappointment then rather i will go for 450 only

3 Likes

I think,
~ 450 will be before April 2020 u will get…
~ 450x u have to wait up to Dec 2020…
~ 450x price minimum 1lks
~ both pre order amt will be refundable…

2 Likes

The only requirement I am waiting for is more range, everything else is mostly negligible or manageable.

• The 3G to 4G, I think its not that big a deal as we are not gonna watch videos on scooter. And if in the near future 3G phases out completely, then its Ather’s responsibility to find another solution. So, we shouldn’t worry much about it as we paid for a connected scooter
  • Rest the screen freezing, motor cutting off, loose panels etc and all those issues are fixable and it is their plan to fix all those issues, I don’t think Ather has plan to leave the current scooter unstable with all the issues and releasing a stable scooter. I am sure no one will be quite if they do that. They are ought to make the current scooter stable enough as long as we are paying for the subscription and are still under warranty
  • The Power in the current scooter is more than enough for Bengaluru streets, I am sure they’ll not go too insane like 90NM torque figures and all for the X, it might just better than the current. Again, this doesn’t add much value to me.
  • Design wise as it is being called the 450X, it should have some additional graphics and shades in my opinion
  • More intelligence mostly means more sensors and a better software, hardware yes we are left with the current one, but software can be upgraded for sure

So, as long as the range is 120 - 130+ (ECO mode), I’ll upgrade it. And if the collectors edition is a collectible, then again i’ll think about it. All in all I am trying to say, the current purchase isn’t that bad and we shouldn’t be very sad about it. A little sad is fine just because ours is already outdated :wink:

9 Likes

Additionally,
7. Ladies footrest,
8. Mobile control implementation.
9. Etc

3 Likes

I’m sure there’s a lot of range added.

2 Likes

From FAQs

2 Likes

Ather says Few Weeks for further update… weeks can b multiplied to months also… I.e just to give Price, Looks & Features… then Months for delivery… At least they should Announce pricing & features in days to come… So it would b easy to decide as already i have my payment window open

Agreed if this is a teaser they could have teased on specs and range…

1 Like

Would Ather service the regular Ather 450 in coimbatore?

I have a feeling the 450X will be black or dark grey like the DOT with yellow accents. (Because of the logo and the flair on forum for those who’ve prebooked)

Also might have minor visual changes to the existing shape of the 450 :thinking: I feel like they’ve been planning this new scooter for a while now, ever since around the launch of the DOT maybe or earlier?:thinking:

I could also be completely wrong.

3 Likes

Considering Ather 450 v1 charges faster than 450v1.1, new is not better in every way :wink:

2 Likes

I was told that existing motor on 450 can go as fast as 150 kms per/hr but is restricted due to regulations.
All you need is a change the values from cut off at 90 to higher value . No doubt Range would be cut down .
Im expecting a more stable refined scooter without major software and hardware issues with better range (150 kms would be a good range )Charge once a week .

2 Likes

Hmm if ather can get the range increased anywhere 120 to 150 which in turn can go up to 100kms as True Range then 450x is going to blow the EV scooter competition away…

2 Likes