Ather 450X Dashboard and Software - User experiences, Reviews

I didnt like the service teams response, everytime I riase a ticket the same the same, so now I am not raising ticket , I am sending mails tk the same service staff who replied to the ticket. I have all the proof I need of the issues I am facing in mail and the forum.

I got the 450 plus, on Jan 23rd, If you see the service team resonponse date is 25th and 31st. I have been having issues from the start

I wouldnt go that far to be honest , the performance of the vehicle is good , I would advice all new users don’t pay for the software at this point of time this isn’t a smart ev. It’s just a good performance ev. I have done the annual pro subscription software as well as the hardware service features. I wouldn’t recommend the software right now. The gps isnt good enough it doesn’t detect orientation of the vehicle well, the redirection takes quite alot of time if u miss a turn. The send destination to dashboard barely works properly, once I had sent direction, it didn’t work so I set it on the dashboard , and guess what that notification came the next day to the dashboard.

See I understand it’s in growing stages there will be issues, what I don’t get is why the service teams respond with the same generic reply then never coordinate after that. It seems as though the software issues are not being looked into. Some hot fixes anything from the team , bloody hell I dont even need timeline of fix releases just give us updates on how it’s going where have ull reached in solving the software issues.

8 Likes

Now issues are solved bro ? I’m seeing the video really Ather is worst bro … please reply bro

1 Like

I have not got any response from the customer service team. I will try to contact them over the call, I have proof of all my issues and raised tickets in the mail. That’s why I prefer emailing the customer service first before calling. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully it goes well. I prefer my scooter being check by the scooter service staff because I am having alot of issues.

Alright folks! The issue has been resolved.

I raised a ticket through the app but didn’t receive a prompt response (a 24 hour waiting period for a quick resolution isn’t ideal!)

Called up the customer care and shared the video with them so that they had complete clarity of the issue.

And I did exactly what they instructed me to do:

• Hard reset (both the brakes + ignition for 10 seconds)
  • The screen was on but the data was wrong (showed zero charge and the Odometer reading was incorrect).
  • That’s when they asked me to shutdown the scooter.
  • Turned it on after 5 mins and everything was back to normal :man_shrugging:t5:

This was my first software glitch with the 450X which otherwise I must say is a mean machine when it comes to it’s hardware performance.

I guess we will have to live with the software glitches but hopefully not for too long! Would have been downright embarrassing if this happened midway during my ride. Luckily for me the basement is a safe space :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Email support is really waste bro in ather if you send message on mail 1 week after Customer support team reply you bro. Some times call support also really worst bro I’m facing so Times call customer support issues bro … if you salect the language on call line is going on 1/2 hour there is no Customer care agent attending the calls bro … Some times Customer support team attending the calls … If any vechical issues told on ather the Customer support team told one single line answer and cut the call bro … This is Customer care services for premium products ??

Tomorrow share mee bro what issues Service team told you how is service , everything share mee bro… I’m awaiting your response.

I suffered from the same yesterday. First major software glitch for me (apart from the dashboard hanging since I parked near a transformer, twice).

The most suspicious sign for me was - the app was showing NO discharge since 3 days. I knew something is wrong, took it for a quick spin, and behold! 0% battery, 0 km range displayed.

Funnily, everything worked : the indicators, starting the scooter up, putting it in reverse mode (via shortcuts) etc. but the screen was frozen.

I quickly browsed through the forum and performed a reset, which didn’t help. Then carried out the “shutdown” method I saw in @jeetash ‘s post. That solved the bug.

2 Likes

+1, same first time dashboard freeze experience. Your post helped resolve the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Okay, so I got in touch with the customer service over a call, he went through my mail and saw the issues that I had sent over with photos and videos. He told me they are aware of the issues and their team are still working on the software bugs. He said the weird behaviour of my indicator could be software issue itself and if the next update doesn’t fix it my scooter would be taken for service to check the hardware. He said taking my scooter to the service station wouldn’t make any difference as the software is all update to date. Appreciate his honesty. I am going to be patient and see how the ather team will roll out the software update and whether it does sort out if not all, atleast most of the issues.

Issues: 1: indicator behaving weirdly 2: lagging dashboard app 3: dashboard app not switching off after removing key 4: the gps while stops and goes back to speedometer 5: dashboard got stuck at a state where is showed battery as null% 6: sending gps destination in phone app didn’t work on dashboard

If you haven’t paid for the software subscription don’t do it yet guys wait for the new update. And for those who are facing these issues for now. Reset your dashboard by: pressing the motor switch for 5-7 seconds while holding the left and right brake And shut down your bike by: going to settings and shut down and start it back on after a while

Bro now Scooter is running are not bro really pain full for mee bro about your vechical issues after complaint the issue at ather. They arrange pick up the vechical bro at door step for service … l think :thinking: 99% hardware problem and software problem both problem you faced bro in new vechical … generally electric Scooter means zero maintenance , no problem come … but Ather is very different it’s a electric Scooter or not every time Customer facing the problem … Every 450x users are facing more in hardware only bro …

1 Like

Ather 450x not turning on!!! - YouTube see the video bro about the issues of 450x

Watch two different videos bro

1 Like

And here is his response after the service. Be also includes a section with the known drawbacks of 450/x

2 Likes

Hindi I can’t understand what the owner told plus drawback can you explain me bro

1 Like

This is @sadikamir!. He can probably explain what issues he is talking about.

1 Like

1 month and 500 km completed since I got my S1 ride. Luckily have not faced any resets / dashboard freeze or any software problem so far. :+1:

But still my S1 feels incomplete without the S1 UI. I have made several calls and reported the issue through the app several times. I get the standard answer that you will get an update soon.

I think my scooter has been marked as a 450x (and not S1) in the backend system

@abhishek.balaji, can you help here?

2 Likes

Yess sir can you explain me

1 Like

My bike’s screen switches from the navigation view to dash view in the middle of the ride. Any way this can be resolved?

1 Like

As you said if you did not face any software issues I recommend you please do t get the Software updated for now at least until next OTA comes out.

Everyone had software issues if you do not face till now then you are lucky don’t spoil it just for S1 UI. its nothing but just 8 lines in red colour to match vehicle colour thats it nothing spl in that UI.

4 Likes

Bro Now your vehicle problems are solved are not solved? After service, tell about your experience…vehicle is running in good condition? Please share bro.

That’s happens to me as well , this should be fixed In the next software update. This is what they claim buy i would still register this issue with the customer service guys, I would recommend you send a mail then call them.

2 Likes

Dashboard goes blank, some time the specific notification don’t show up. Is it the same case with other users as well?

App hangs a lot and drive details don’t get updated on real time basis.