Ather 450x clue hunting

Warp drive!! :scream:

Snapdragon ? off-course. why not !

2 Likes

So ludicrous mode is coming :crazy_face:

Purple L incoming :star_struck:

website updated with a link to the livestream.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Did you just create a post for people to guess what “X” stands for in 450X. And then it just got vanished.:face_with_monocle:

It was created by a member. Merged into https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-450x-discussions/4630/395

I thought I saw you as the creator :crazy_face:

Thanks a brilliant guess, background has tools arranged either in a horizontal and vertical manner hence OSNAP (CAD terminology) . That plus a fire breathing dragon can only mean a console powered by a Snapdragon processor. When combined with Andriod connect (which was revealed earlier ) 450X owners can expect high refresh rate,better display quality, Bluetooth connectivity and dark mode.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it has been suggested on here, but with Swapnil’s Star Trek “ENGAGE” analogue and some of the image clues with the yellow marked “7” and the X in 450 X designed to be composed of two "7"s, I am guessing the 450X will be outputting 7KW peak power. In some form of riding mode, of course.

2 Likes

Powerful enough for a warp jump along the city then!

2 Likes

That will give ludicrous mode speed
 :space_invader:

1.5L wont make a cut bro, Ather wants 450x to be their sole product for coming years untill they come up with a new scooter or motorcycle from scratch till then they have to make sales numbers with 450x introduction existing 450’s will loose thier charm also it has it own share of issues and limitations which people are aware now introduction of a higher priced variant won’t get the numbers and also affect 450 sales as the competition is just around with bajaj and tvs playing around in less than 1.5lac.

1 Like

If it’s 15-20k more than 450, price to performance would be best in class

Ather knows people are more likely to buy vehicles with subsidies
 They Know how sales increased from January 2019 to December 2019 when each time subsidiary value increased from Frame 2 and Gst to 5% and pre-order numbers . So the price will be 1,49,400 may get flame 2 subsidy of 22,000

So the final price maybe 1,27,800 and cost changes for each state and some states may not get flame 2 subsidy too so the there people should pay more than 1,53,000 + to get the vehicle

1 Like

Agreed subsidies have increased and the end price is an acceptable figure , Yet the cost is more as compared to an ice scooter , Am just thinking as a common man perspective who needs a commute option without burning his pockets , That’s where Ather can make a difference by pricing it right and make EV adoption more sustainable

All the states will get FAME II subsidy. There will be difference in road tax. Some states have no road tax while others still tax them.

At this point, I think all the companies are milking subsidies and low GST. There is no way, these electric 2 wheelers gonna cost Rs 1.4 lakhs vs 50K-60K of ICE vehicles. ICEs have 28% GST vs just 5% GST for EVs.

It’s understandable for Ather to price as they are a start up and have higher infrastructure costs like own showrooms. But others are just pricing similar to Ather just because they can.

Only competition will bring down the prices. Battery prices are already declining and subsidy covers almost entire battery costs.

If Ather increases pricing it will lose to others or may not be able to sell in volumes. Scooter market and customers are very price sensitive.

1 Like

Chetak and iQube just seem like Beta products. Interesting to see, when Honda will enter the EV space. Currently all the manufacturers including Ather are providing only 3 year warranty on the Battery. If some credible manufacturer provides better product with the warranty of around 8 years, it might turn people to look away from ICE. Till then, no one crunch big numbers I feel.

Well, Ather also have their own share of problems as being reported frequently by owners in these forums. I am hoping for Ather to rectify all the major common issues in 450X. I’m already OK with the performance.

Sharing some exclusive first pictures of Ather 450x found on Twitter
Enjoy

1. Yellow strip running across front wheel rim(remember color of ‘X’ in Ather450x logo?)
    Same petal disc brake as 450
    New matte black color for telescopic suspension with reflector on side
  2. Yellow strip running across rear wheel rim
    New matte black color on axle beam
    Same design of rear belt hub/sprocate
  3. Didn’t find any diiference here
4 Likes