Ask an Ather Owner!

It does work. I’ve received notifications earlier and luckily not recently.

No there is no alert.

1 Like

Yes the two alert works well. It helped me couple of times to figure out there is a vehicle movement.

Pls suggest how to protect colour. Whether Teflon or Ceramic coating is recommended?? Can normal shampoo or soap be used to wash vehicle.

Use pH Neutral car/bike shampoo, don’t just use any shampoo, normal shampoo will spoil the paint and cause other issues in the long run

1 Like

Anyone from Indore know where to get Seat cover and floor mat for the bike. ?

I think there should be 2 screws type here also

Like in the first row there are 4 screw types (i don’t know what to call it) so in the middle row, 2 are missing right? I saw in the 450 every row has screw type but in 450x 2 are missing. I am not sure whether it was there or not in the X. Can anyone help me? I am getting worried.

1 Like

Nothing to worry, those are AC lines for the inbuilt converter/charger which only 450 gen1 has, they removed it when they switched to dot charging from gen 1.5

6 Likes

I am facing less torque (acceleration and pickup) in sports mode as compared to ride mode.

1 Like

Hello,

I am researching on controller build in 2 wheeler segment like domain controller as in 4wheeler segment. Requesting please provide me some references & information.

Thanks, Prashant

Check here for startes…

Psst… scroll to the bottom of Ather website for more!

A new Ather 450x uses 3 units for a full charge and after 3 years of vigorous usage let’s say we are observing a degradation of 10km, in 85km of true range we can achieve only 75km so the remaining 10km is degraded and not usable.

My question is since there is a 10km degradation, is the amount of units consumed is same or will it be ~ 2.5 or 2.7 units? If the units consumed is still 3 units even after vigorous usage of 3 years then where is the 0.2 or 0.4 units going?

3 Likes

Did anyone understood what i said :sweat_smile: I’m still getting confused here

One more thing that the charging time also should be faster in a 3 year old Ather than a new Ather. There will be not much difference but i think a difference will be there, like 10-20 min faster after 3 years.

Can anybody check the charging time from 20%-80% or 30%-80% just mention the percentage and i will check mine with the same. I need this in the Ather 450 1st gen. Atleast after this i will get some clarity.

1 Like

The overall capacity of battery decreases, if taking the same analogy from mobile phone’s Li-ion’s battery. My phone’s capacity is at ~83% and the overall capacity is 2400mAh wrt to original 2900 mAh. So it should only take 2400 mAh now while charging, since its the new capacity

3 Likes

Wait how are you able to see your battery health in a mobile phone?

So basically our Ather also takes ~2.5 to 2.7 units after 3 years.

No, this is my phone’s battery :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah i was also mentioning about phone’s battery only.

I installed the app Accu battery, do we need to upgrade to pro to see how much degradation has happened in our battery?

1 Like

It should be there in health section. You need to input the factory battery capacity in charging section first.

You can aslo use google’s battery historian for more detailed report. Accubattery is not always accurate. (GitHub - google/battery-historian: Battery Historian is a tool to analyze battery consumers using Android "bugreport" files.).

2 Likes

450 1st gen: Last time I noticed, my vehicle charged from 15% to 85% in exactly 2 hours or less. That’s 70%. 0-80 used to be advertised as 3 hours I think. Can’t really put a number to it, but I have noticed charging times to be slightly faster.

1 Like

Are you sure exactly 2 hours or is it like 1 hour 50 min or 1 hour 55 min? Can i know at what time you charged, whether in morning or afternoon or night?

This was in the evening around 5,6. Sorry, I wasn’t clear earlier. It was very close to 2 hours, a little lesser maybe, didn’t really check down to the last minute. I usually don’t keep track, but that 70% in 2 hours seemed really fast.

Charging times overall have definitely felt faster than when I’ve bought the vehicle. Will check and report next time i charge it from ~10% - 80%

2 Likes