App Update Wants - Feature requests

I’ve been following this and am not worried at all. It starts with handsets and direct consumers and not business deployments. There’s plenty of time to make the switch and I don’t see 3G shutting down completely for 3 years. Besides, it’ll fallback to 2G if that happens which should work for the dashboard.

2 Likes

For Ather’s usage 2G is more sufficient for tracking and navigation .

Only it requires higher data at the time of new OTA updates.

3 Likes

If it fall back to 2g it will 3-4 hrs for OTA update … even then there will be some download error

2 Likes

Sure, but the panic was similar over other things like VGA in laptops and regular USB. Here we are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Worst case, Ather has to take up manual updates for OTAs and no charge for connectivity but that’s their headache.

Running Google maps on 2g is almost impossible. You can forget about stuff like re-routing after a missed turn or traffic updates.

With tightening budgets after the Jio attack , telcos will be looking at trimming down maximum fat. 4g is the standard for now and will be for quite a few years till 5g becomes the main stream. There is very little sense for any Telco to continue with 3g services.

1 Like

I am pretty sure no company will risk the negative press if they are going to let all current owners with a scooter that does only half of what it should be doing.

I don’t see a reason to panic at the moment.

3 Likes

I think it will take at least 2-3 years … by that time our Ather 450 battery will also degrade… then ather will come up with upgrade packages in which both upgraded battery with hybrid battery technology and updated LOGIC BOARD will be replaced which will be costing less than Rs 45000 or they may sell LOGIC BORD for less than Rs 2500

2 Likes

That’s a lot of assumptions… :slightly_smiling_face: I think it’s going to be fine, Ather will figure a way out. They of all companies would hate to see their product not perform optimally.

1 Like

We are assuming as well as giving ideas to Ather Energy bro … At the end of the day they are the Decision makers

I think there should be an option where one touches the Map screen to indicate where they would like to go - like google maps

1 Like

Please make a update to acess touch screen while riding atleast for navigation …coz if rerouting happens we have to stop the vehicle each & every time.

Accept the new route by pressing the ignition or start button.

7 Likes

You could just login to your ather account at AtherEnergy.com and get the vehicle identification number from there. I got my RC from digilocker in the same way.

Ability to track vehicle location when parked using the app. This would make it easier to find a parked vehicle.

This feature is already there :slight_smile:

Currently it will only show the last parked location though.

3 Likes

My App and bike are not synced since yesterday tried logging out and logging but still not working can you suggest any remedy

1 Like

Shutdown and restart the scooter. If it still doesnt fix it, recommend raising a ticket via the app.

There seems to be some problem with the sim installed in the bike. There is no network on the bike.

1 Like

It’s the case with a lot of people today. Don’t worry. It’s not just your scooter.

1 Like

I prefer tyre pressure Monitor on the Dashboard which should remind on regular intervals,

Within one week I could see close to 5 psi loosing this will impact on ride condition and mileage,

Based on the climate condition and the KM driven Dashboard or App should Pop up the tyre pressure check and keep a track on regular intervals which will improve the performance,

1 Like