App Update Wants - Feature requests

Suggestion: I suppose Ather grid stations are also connected to network, so what if all users can know the status of a particular point if they press on it in Ather app check the status of grid whether it is charging an Ev currently, when will it be available and if other people can be shown if they are waiting to charge after it, so everyone can plan to reach the grid point based on it, simply we can reserve time slots or any other development like this in future if possible when the number of athers and ev on road increases

3 Likes

it is already there (Ather thought about it)

when a particular public charger is busy it is greyed else it I’ll show up geen on map

something like this

also provides info on how many are available at a particular location

5 Likes

Oops! I didn’t know about that, I thought it was an fresh idea but anyways other development can be made like booking a time slot in future but now it’s not required as first come first serve basis is sufficient and I know there are many other important things Ather is working on.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Charging at AtherGrid

Kindly include the Regen percentage selectable option in the display and also in mobile app. Most need for me and other people who are braking more in their ride.

7 Likes

It would be great if we had the control, up to how much % to charge, in the app. In my case I like the regen to be active at most of the times so I would set at 85 and during night charging I would set it to 88 or close considering the discharge rate

3 Likes

The Ather forum according to me is the most active forum for both owners and wannabe owners. But today we have to navigate 2 separate apps - one for the forum which will be the mobile browser and second the Ather app for all other things Ather.

Will be good to offer the forum on the Ather app as well, under support. Will be easier to navigate and also more usable. And device notifications can be used more effectively.

After all Ather is not just a scooter but an experience and an ecosystem play.

@Shreyas another one for your backlog and roadmap

6 Likes

On the ather app , please bring a graphical visualization to ride statistics. For example - like on the apple activity app a set of bar charts to show the efficiency at the trip level, average efficiency, average speeds etc.

Just a cool way to visualize the data being collected and shown. I am sure the team is working on providing some insights as more and more data comes in from the users and this will be useful to provide invaluable feedback to the rider.

3 Likes
  1. The list of Ather grid points that show up on the mobile app and dashboard seems to be in random order. Can you re-order the list to show the closest available charging points first along with the distance to the charging point?

2. On the map, show a range based circle with vehicle location as the centre. This will help riders determine how far they can cover with the remaining charge.

3 Likes

@Shreyas Please make the vehicle manual available in Kindle format… It will be easy to read.

PDF is so difficult to read in Mobile

@Shreyas… My vehicle is yet to get OTA. I hear from customer support that they are seeing the current status is “Downloading”. But they are not aware how much downloaded.

Please show in app or dashboard if downloading is in progress and how much progress.

Can’t be converted to Kindle format from pdf? I can give it a try

Please consider adding iPhone/ android phone link alerts to the display ? it will be convenient to see who is texting or calling you.
My cycle computer shows me txt & phone alerts!

2 Likes

It that possible??
I don’t think so!!

Current hardware does not support WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity - so a P2P connection is out of the question. They would need to build a whole set of APIs to sync phone data to the cloud and then back to the bike.

The bigger question though is, do we really need to be on the phone all the time. We have enough distractions on the road, don’t need to add more to the chaos.

8 Likes

App feature request:

• remote charging stop/ solenoid unlock
1 Like

No thanks. Already the roads are full of people busy tapping away on their windscreen-attached-phones and it causes so many dangerous incidents. The last thing needed is more interactions on the screen when driving. Ather’s idea is to remove the need to use your phone when on the vehicle by providing navigation options.

5 Likes

I’ve a crazy idea for the app. I don’t know if Ather can actually Implement it. I’d like to know everyone’s opinion about it.

Because our bikes are linked to the app on our phones, and once we hit the road and start riding it, the app knows it too. And when we get a call or a text on our phone and when the user doesn’t pick the call, the Ather app can send a message to the person calling. This will be great if Ather team can manage to add this option.

5 Likes

What if we have the app in two phones.
One with me and one at home?

Tricky question. :thinking: But they could solve it by the GPS on the phone I guess.