An update on transmission belts

You need to read the Forum Guidelines and not spam the Forum with off-topics messages and posts. There are close to 12 flagged posts by various community members of yours, across threads and chat channels. There is nothing to hide but your spamming doesn’t meet the Forum Guidelines and hence the actions of removal of your posts. Please follow the guidelines, helps the community members access right information.

10 Likes

What is the cost of belt

2 Likes

Koi btayega which spray should i use to clean belt?

2 Likes

Please stop spamming the same thing everywhere and then complain when fellow owners report your posts. There are other people like you who complain, but with manners and then get their resolution. We are not in a jungle

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with the information. if have access you can check ticket id #100402293 rather than misleading/hiding the Ather fault.

2 Likes

Good decision sir. But please make more belts and brake pads available in SC so many athers were in Ather space for belt replacement. What is the use of waiting more than a week or more for replacing belts.

Please provide official rear mudgard to prevent the belt and pillion dress in rainy time.

We purchased your sctoor to save some money and peace of mind from fire incidents. But the services from your Ather service center is very worst.

I hope that u can understand our feelings. We invested huge amounts to buy your sctoor. It should be value for money. Keep on spending and waiting so long to resolve issues make no sense.

2 Likes

Nagpur service centre people said a silicon spray can be used on belts

Belt is not the only issue here, your design of vehicle & useless stock mudguard is as well! Mud gets accumulated in bike from both front & back side. In 3 months, the belt got damaged & my bike is at service center since 4 days! They are saying another 8 days. Apart from mine there are around 51 bikes at service center for same issue. You are launching & selling new bikes with belts but there is shortage of belts for existing customers. This just shows your greed! RSA & customer support experience has been horrible! Stop even calling it emergency RSA but call it home bike pickup.

17 Likes

Good to know… Today i saw cracks in my Ather450X belt while washing it and was worried about as i hav drove only 6700km… Can i replace my belt FOC in service station as iam scared to drive the bike now fearing it may cut anytime and left me in roads🤣

2 Likes

Same problem I am also facing they have to cover the belt and use good quality product

1 Like

@tarun Thanks for the statement and the decision to extend the warranty. Really appreciate this move. Though I also wanted to point out that some of us faced the issue of the belt breaking within a month of purchasing the vehicle. This certainly cannot be counted as a case of ‘wear and tear’. This is unfortunate since the rest of the experience with the vehicle has been amazing and just because of this one issue there is a feeling of unease which has developed. Hope that the company is looking into the quality of the new belts and that we won’t have to go through the same hassle next monsoon.

5 Likes

It’s 11th day and counting still the service center has not received belt from company!! Please buyback my bike. I can’t afford to see my 1.5 lakh standing at your service center for months!

10 Likes

@tarun sir, any response to this? I am also facing extreme levels of noise in my new Ather (may 23, 1.3k kms driven) but am scared to take it to the SC in Pune, where there are so many scooters already. This is my only mode of transport.

Why are you calling it a wear and tear issue when it is so clearly a design and quality issue? I have no expectations regarding an answer from you but it sure would be nice to see you take some responsibility and a do a recall for the affected new vehicles.

8 Likes

Ather is scared to use the term “recall” because it will be a shame for them. Instead they call it “Upgrade” with paying extra for it.

6 Likes

We understand your concern, Akhilesh, and we’re here to help! We request you to share your registered contact number and vehicle details in order to assist you further.

2 Likes

Where? I’m not posting my number on the forum.

I have dm’d you my number. Please check. I’m also facing other issues with this scooter.

1 Like

After changes my belt it will create a noise after every 2 week for 3 time I have go to service center can you please suggest any information…

Now change scooter😂

@tarun @abhishek.balaji

Does this look right belt adjustment if yes then why all other 450x has belt towards left. If no then why service engineer at margao service center says its normal. Even there is noise on lower speed they say its normal which doesn’t sound right i feel the rotor on which both belts meet is rubbing towards metal when in lower speed. Please train your service engineers well so we customers do not have to suffer

6 Likes