An update on transmission belts

Hey folks,

There’s been a lot of chatter around belts recently. A few clarifications from our side:

We changed our belts a few months ago. The new belts promised higher efficiency, more stable sound quality across production versions and significantly higher scalability. The estimation was that this will improve overall experience while allowing for easy production scale-up.

There’s been a fair bit of community feedback on their quality and associated replacement costs. And they have been particularly under limelight during the recent monsoons.

Now belts, like brake pads, are ‘wear and tear’ components and are usually not covered under warranty. We don’t want our community to constantly stress about this and in that spirit, we are going ahead and extending warranty to the belt too: 20,000 kms or 3 years, whichever is earlier, on both transmission belts - to all existing owners. In fact, if you bought a new belt from the Service Centre, we will extend a 10,000 kms warranty on non-factory belts too.

Our community should not worry about this and we stand behind our products completely.

130 Likes

Excellent as usual , Ather energy way to go , this is the reason Ather stands outstanding compared to any other EV

18 Likes

Good decision :pray:

Also an accessory that fully covers the rear belt, please. It should stop those irritating sound caused by mud getting stuck in the belt.

21 Likes

New belt available at SC or we have to wait for new belt for some time ?

8 Likes

Thank you @tarun for the positive response :heart:

10 Likes

Good decision @tarun

8 Likes

Thanks…please also develop a belt drive cover as an accessory

10 Likes

@tarun sir… good decision… it maybe look like an additional expense but it will come back as an investment… cheers :blush:

6 Likes

Great decision.Thank you @tarun . This is only reason I purchased Ather instead of ola.

7 Likes

@tarun , we really appreciate this decision :+1:

6 Likes

Some recent decisions by Ather were hard to digest for us consumers and this is definitely a step in the right direction and in-line with my expectations from Ather. Kudos to the team and god speed :facepunch:

3 Likes

At least @tarun you must be reply on charger refund also because the community official not at all reply to any customer and customer is in middle so please reply for them who wants the official solution so they can understand the status of the queries i hope it will for many users

4 Likes

They have said it hundreds of times already. Wait for your refund and you shall get it. The process apparently is not so simple and takes time. Plenty of people have already received and you will too, just give it time.

11 Likes

Good Decision :+1:

2 Likes

Now I recommend to buy Ather to my friends

2 Likes

Nice :pray:t2: Thanks a lot

5 Likes

@tarun Good decision :pray:

3 Likes

Would covering the belt with a guard help?

7 Likes

Does this mean if my scooter has less than 3 years of age and has clocked less than 20,000kms, and my belt breaks, the belt will be replaced under warranty. My belt has just cut off and the timing is perfect. When can I expect this change to be effective?? because my belt just broke and i need replacement. @tarun kudos to you man for listening to the customers and acting upon their feedback.

4 Likes