An update on transmission belts

Thanks for

4 Likes

You’re welcome for

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Belt replacement

Ather Energy I have faced belt issue. Its broken within 3 month. They took the scooter to replace the belt. They are telling it will take 15days to replacement, the belt is not available "Horrible " They should give us alternative scooter or should give compensation This is not good at all Within 2 to 3 days the scooter should be return Location pune, wadgaonsheri

4 Likes

Thank you very much

7 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: WarpThrough ft. Hoezaay

I think my belt is week and I always feel belt is soon broken and my scooter cross 26000 km but it’s still in warranty and I already change my belt 2 times they not provide the full information about it they change the belt :confused:

4 Likes

What is the cost of belt?

6 Likes

Koi btayega best spray for belt cleaning?

1 Like

Now read between the lines.

The belt doesn’t come under warranty for the new 450s and 450x. It’s only for the existing customers.

7 Likes

Probably cause the new scooters come with newer iterations of belts that they don’t expect would give out so quickly?

Eitherway if this issue continues, they would definitely have to extend this scheme to new scooters as well. There’s already lines of scooters with broken belts in every service center now, the issue is very prominent. If Ola can replace entire front suspension (which is upwards of a few grands including labor), Ather should definitely replace faulty belts that only cost in the hundreds.

8 Likes

Why Ather not share complete information

4 Likes

No, it’s for new owners too

17 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. Who are going to to buy the belts other than existing owners? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

That’s great

4 Likes

And what should be the ideal turnaround for the availability of the new belts and servicing? I have heard from SC that they don’t have it in stock and need to keep the scooter with them for a few days.

2 Likes

My scooter has been at the service center for the past 10 days and they still don’t know when the new belt will arrive. @kunalmg

2 Likes

Which service center is this? Precisely why I am not visiting them. I asked Andheri SC 2 weeks back and they said they don’t have it in stock. Maybe the new belts are reaching all SCs but something as crucial component as the belt, there needed to be a better planning.

6 Likes

Garve Ather, Wakad Pune.

2 Likes

This is how Ather hiding the customer issues @tarun

let’s see how Ather hide their product defects & reviews from the tweeter and other platforms… #Uncoveringthetruthmatters

1 Like