Accident and insurance claims

Hey There! We have shared your concern with the internal team. We are looking at it and we surely get back to you with an update in a day or two.

3 Likes

The day after this post on(7/02/22) I got a call from the service center saying that all the delay was due the Inssurance company and they have did their best to make the process fast as possible and have placed order for all the required part and promised me to deliver the bike on 19/02/22 and requested me to delete the post. I said them that I have just penned my experience on the form and never intended to hurt or defame anyone and deleted the same. Two days before the promised delivery date they called me and said the senior service technician is covid positive and as my bike required assembling of fork sets and the front subframe it would better if I can wait till 23/02/22 for the delivery I said ok to the same.On 22/02/22 when I enquired for the update they said the work is almost complete only remaining to assemble the headstock but the senior technician haven’t arrived yet and the technician on the duty isn’t confident enough to do the work and the senior technician will join on 23/02/22 and will require 1 day for assembling the fork set and 1 hour to assemble the body panel.Coming to 23/02/22 I whatsapped them for update and he said the technician will join on the Friday and will complete almost the work on Saturday and will require 2 more days after it as it requires the work of headstocks :neutral_face:. I don’t understand if this is any ordinary scooter or anything from the outer space as it require this much work to complete.When all they have to do is just blot down 2 blots which connect the frame assembly to the battery pack and assemble the rest of the body panels and delivery the bike to me.What is more interesting is that the way the service advisor keeps on saying that all of the works are complete only remaining to assemble the forkset when the assembling of subframe and fork set is the first step required to assemble the bike back.The saga of waiting continues……

3 Likes

I don’t understand the complexity to replace these stuff :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That just sound so shady. You shouldn’t have done that Ather!

3 Likes

It seems like it’s still visible as it had got a reply :sweat_smile: .And it’s not the team Ather that requested me to delete it was done on the request of service center

2 Likes

Have received updates from the service center informing that the service technician haven’t joined today and will join tomorrow and will almost complete all the work by tomorrow and the Inssurance procedure will take 2 days to complete :man_shrugging:t2:. I don’t understand what Inssurance procedure that takes two days to complete.Anyway in short what team Ather at calicut did was just extending my date of delivery by giving false information on the work progress. Worst experience with vehicle repair in my life non of my vehicles have been at the service center more than 3 weeks (even for complete engine overhaul)this one took almost 3 months and still continuing @abhishek.balaji @melvin.wilson

4 Likes

Received update from service center stating that work have been completed and they are waiting for the Innsurance surveyor to come and inspect to release the bike on Monday……

Feeling happy to see the bike rolling after months :blush: even though it’s the test ride by the service center

Updates:03/03/22

Finally got my bike delivered yesterday will be updating the details soon. I’m not able to post in this thread as I have posted 3 consecutive reply so I request anyone to post some sort of response so that I give more details

5 Likes

Please share your feedback now :sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.After many to and fro calls to the Inssurance and service team finally got my bike back after 92.5 days to be exact :sweat_smile: this would the longest time any of my vehicle been at a service center.The inssurance (Godigit) played a major role in delaying the whole process.They took more than 15 days at first to initiate the vehicle repair order and even after completing all the works it took them 4 days to process the vehicle delivery order.

**THE REPAIR PART**

The work done is pretty good till now as most of the damaged parts were replaced.Can’t tell how long it will last (having doubts about the bearings in head stocks and the fork set which are the old one).Minor scratches noted all over the bike (might be caused due to the dust accumulated over time at the service center and the usual dirty clothes used there, bike was fully covered at the police station so was dust free from there).

. The marking on the light switch have disappeared after the long period of non using🧐(was there till bike was loaded on the flatbed). Having doubts about the quality of replaced grab handle don’t know weather you can see it in the photo but it has some sort imperfection at many points(negligible). Overall the bike had all ageing part done as if it was on the road for 3 months with a slightly non enthusiastic rider(The bike was on the road only for a month and had zero scratches😭)thank god that I had screen protector on the meter.

**EXPENSE**

I was provided with no invoice for the repair and was asked to pay Rs950 but as I had zero depreciation inssurance and had received vdo from the inssurance with customer liability stating only Rs100 I insisted for a bill for the repair from them to which they said as this repair is done through insurance claim they would not provide me any bill and it’s the insurance company who will be providing me the bill then I showed them the vdo from the insurance stating the customer lability as Rs200 only to which they said I would be receiving an updated one the next day (which I received still with Rs100 as customer liability).As I don’t wanted to make any fuss I payed the money and took the delivery and left

1 Like

Is this by any chance an forkset?or is it a sub part.Looking at the price I don’t feel that any sub part cost that much Looking at the fork set on the bike neither feels any of them is new🤔 Updates:they said its t-stem

2 Likes

Much more shady here, either the dealer does not know or they are trying to play the game, I met with an accident after 3 months of owing the scooter, not only did I get an invoice, HDFC ergo settled the case in 6 hours.

It’s this part

4 Likes

What part is that?

1 Like

Hello everyone I am new to this community. Unfortunately, only after a couple days of my purchase I have gone through an accident. Thankfully, I am safe since I was wearing a helmet and riding gear. This is the current condition of my scooter. I am confused as to whether I should opt for insurance or pay for the repairs out of my own pocket. ( I have zero dep insurance from GoDIgit ).

This is the current state of my scooter.

Please let me know what I should do any inputs are welcome! Also can the panels of the scooter be re-painted?

Here are more images

4 Likes

Good to hear that you are fine .

Don’t think twice go for insurance claim that’s why you have paid 7000+ and that too witha a zero dep

Only exception if the total cost comes under 2k i doubt that will be the case .

4 Likes

I also have noticed that this part of the scooter was damaged. The insurance company claims its normal wear and tear but I am pretty sure this was because of the accident!

2 Likes

1 Like

Why Ather has only tie up with Reliance General Insurance company for cashless claim ? If we have other company policy it is not possible to get cashless claims. So Ather should do tie up with all the general insurance companies thoses who are providing motor insurance. It will be helpful for us to get cashless claim

4 Likes

i think it’s based on showroom… to which insurance partner they tie up with…

This definitely needs to be changed.

2 Likes

I recently had an accident. My left front side of the Ather 450x gen3 is broken And also the front ventilation part is broken. How can i claim the insurance for repairing this damage? Does the insurance covers 100% on damages?