Accident and insurance claims

its our physical damage bro so we have to bear it

I’m planning to bring scooter to my hometown so sent the vehicle for service and claimed insurance for tilted left brake and fixing the panel scratches.

Insurance claim was rejected due to late intimation :cry:

After that I asked for a service estimate and got estimate of 13617

Please DM me if anyone is interested in buying my kidney :pray:

1 Like

For Spares Parts - GST kills it with high taxation.

Irony - Entire EV is taxed at 5% (essentials) whereas most spare parts are taxed at 28% (luxury). It is not just for EV. Many electronics suffer the same fate.

For a badly damaged vehicle, if they end up procuring all parts, the total price could be double that of the total EV.

2 Likes

Last week met with an accident while it was raining in Mysore at 6:35 the other guy was standing in the wrong way trying to cross the road with 5 pillions on board in a Honda Activa I saw the other guy 10 to 15 meters far away and tried to break hard, the MRF tires are so bad in rain my speed did not even decreased a bit and the unfortunate happened. My Ather 450x is just 13 days old now and the accident happened on 15th October and I dont know what else to do other than calling the a sales guys who helped me buying the 450x he has been answering my call and informed me to bring the scooter when the spare parts for 450x are available in the newly opened showroom in Mysore. I will be grateful if someone guide me through the process @abhishek.balaji.

3 Likes

It depends on what insurance coverage you are on, If you are on a to z then you shouldn’t be worried at all, everything will get covered in insurance, if you are on standard insurance then I think 70-% will be covered, anyhow the first thing you should do is file the claim from the insurance, if you delay they might reject the claim, to do that bring it to the showroom, even if parts are not available, tell them to provide a necessary damage evaluation so it can be submitted to the insurer.

5 Likes

Thank you for replying.

How to check what type of insurance I have for my scooter? and will take the scooter to the showroom today.

3 Likes

You could find that on your insurance papers.

2 Likes

Any particular word I should look for ?

you should call your insurer to verify this

4 Likes

The default insurance on Ather ordering page guides everyone to an insurance with normal depreciation…that is every plastic and rubber part is only covered for 50% amount.

My actual question is why to buy an insurance which only covers 50% of damage because most of the Ather body parts are plastic and rubber. And if any metal parts combined with plastic or rubber, the entire part is considered as rubber or plastic.

Actually they have zero depreciation policy too as optional that covers 100% for plastic and rubber parts. Please don’t buy insurance with 50% coverage.

I think Ather and Godigit are running scam by putting double the price for parts replacement and hence total amount will be paid by the customer who bought normal insurance! Because, before corona, portable charger was 5k and afterwards they have increased to 10k as lock down losses. Simply running a scam and looting is what I think

3 Likes

We need to be aware of the insurance terms and conditions while buying a vehicle. It’s normal for most vehicles, the default insurance given is Comprehensive and not 0 Depreciation. We need to ask for 0 Depreciation if we need that cover. I wouldn’t call it a fraud by Ather.

As regards the portable charger for 450X, it has always been 10k since launch. I think you are referring to 450 charger when you say 5k.

4 Likes

Even for car, by default add-ons are not selected.

RSA, Zero Depreciation, Engine Protect etc… If needed, you have to add them based on need

In fact, few years back, I gave feedback to ICICI lombard that they were pre-selecting Accidental Insurance and add-ons by default, which they should not do. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Guys does anyone know the cost of side panels ? I’ve got deep scratches on it and would like to replace it so would be helpful if someone let me know the costs. @abhishek.balaji

I’m talking about this pannel

2 Likes

Hi Kushal, I suppose you can get quicker and precise answer be calling the EC. You can also get availability of the part and any time slot for doing the replacement.

PS: if no one else posts the price here and you get it from the EC, please do post. It might show up in search for someone else who is looking

PPS: there are pdfs of various prices posted somewhere in the forum. Try searching and you might find it.

3 Likes

I had an accident on 30th November 2021. While I was travelling towards Kozhikode with my father as pillion a R15 came sliding in the opposite direction and hit us. We both fell down and were taken to the hospital by the locals to the nearest hospital. While I escaped with dislocated shoulder and minor wounds, my father had fracture in his arm and leg and some larger wounds. Unfortunately the R15 rider died soon after reaching hospital. I was discharged from the hospital on the same day and my father was discharged around 1 week later after surgery to his hand.

Both the bikes were taken in the police custody after the accident. I informed the insurance company soon after the accident through their customer care number after reaching my home. After my father got discharged, I went to the station to get my bike back and get it repaired. I was informed that it is required to take my father’s statement in order to get the bike released and they would come to my home tomorrow and do the same. But they never did my statement as it was taken at the hospital itself. After 25 days from the accident, when my father was taken for a checkup at the hospital we went to the police station and his statement was recorded and the bike was released. In between I had visited the police station and had returned empty handed. On 25th December, finally my bike was released and ready to be taken to the service center.

As it was a Sunday on 25th, there was no response from the service centre number. I called many times but no use. Finally, after calling RSA someone came and took the bike to the service centre. Then on the next day I hoped for a call from the service center but they didn’t, so I called them myself but they didn’t pickup. Then I called the salesperson and he took his phone to the service team and was informed that the service in charge was on leave that day and asked me to come tomorrow with the documents.

I went to the service centre on Tuesday with all the documents (RC, DL, Insurance, FIR) and handed them over. I was given an estimated delivery date of 10th February 2022 for the repair and informed that the surveyor would call me on that day or tomorrow and I left. I didn’t got any response from the service centre or the surveyor on that day or the next day evening. So, I called them back again and they asked me to write in an A4 sheet that my bike had been in the police custody till 25th and send it to them and I did the same. After few hours I got an SMS from the insurance company and the next day I got call from them asking what all happened and I explained them all. After that there was no response either from the service centre or the insurance company. I thought that the repair work might have started. After few days, I called the service center to know the progress and I was informed that the insurance company had informed them to hold the repair and told to contact them. I called the surveyor number but he didn’t answer. I called the customer care number and after much discussion they connect me to someone. He said as there is a death involved in this accident, they have started an investigation and would pass my claim within a week.

That week too passed and on 17/01/2022, I called them again but no one picked up. Finally, that day evening someone called and said he is from the insurance company and needs to see me in person to record the statement and see the spot of the accident. That day evening he came and visited the spot of the accident and took my statement and went. Today (18/01/2022), I called them back and they said the investigation report is still pending and it will take about a week to complete and the saga of waiting continues😂!

Overall, from the date of booking Ather till now it’s been a long journey of waiting and a little over 800km of ride. Pretty bad experience from the side of Ather and GoDigit insurance company.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that a rider passed away due to this incident. Good to know that you and your father escaped this and you are fortunate enough to write this post! My suggestion - just hold on a little longer, since the insurance company does a through survey of the accident, and then pays Ather for the repairs!

Do recover soon, and keep us updated!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this.

Things should have sorted out sooner.

To be fair, these kind of claims don’t occur often and Ather being relatively new to auto industry, might not have faced such claims so far & building their cook-book only now.

2 Likes

Feel sorry for you. Hope you will overcome from the trauma.

Perhaps issue is with many unconnected dots. Ather might say, it has not received go ahead from Insurance Company. Insurance Company might say, vehicle is involved in Fatal Accident and case is still pending with Police. In the meantime, you (consumer) are the one who needs to undergo this pain. Who needs to bear the responsibility? :thinking:

Also, I have another question. Is GoDigit good and has reputation in resolving cases in Kerala? :roll_eyes:

Thanks for sharing your experience and it may help to many around in the forum and may help to improve the service.

Meanwhile I pray for you and your father’s speedy recovery. :pray:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for wishing for my fast recovery . I’m fine now and doing quite ok. I’m grateful for the get-well messages you sent. Thank you for your support.

Coming to the updates on the bike the claim got approved on Thursday but the authorisation letter send by the godigit seems to be missing many parts that is damaged.Don’t know whether that the service Center didn’t give the full estimate or if not all the required parts wasn’t approved by the Inssurance still need to figured out and for the first time in the all process I got a call back from the service centre updating the status. Hoping that there won’t be much delay from the side of service center and get the bike back soom

2 Likes

Godigit seems to have low claim sattlement ratio compared to other insurance out there (information on the internet)

And they seems hair private companies/agents in order to survey the accident and conduct investigation, evaluation of expired insurance vehicles etc. this cause a big delay in the claim sattlement

They doesn’t have physical presence in many cities as the name suggests it all digital and is not so easy to deal with (My experience) not glitch free

It seems like it’s alway better to choose public Inssurance company over the private ones