Accident and insurance claims

Visit your nearest Ather Service centre, they will process the insurance claim based on your policy.

1 Like

Have a zero dep icici insurance issued by Belagavi dealer, I am told by the insurance that cashless isnt provided. Relocated recently to Bengaluru and vehicle got damaged near airport. Estimate is in the range of 22-25k. Rh side panels deeply scratched, throttle gets stuck mid way and rh mirror stalk broken.

Appreciate any claim experience with ICICI

claim experience here in Delhi with ICICI was pathetic. it’s been 4 months and i still haven’t received the reimbursement from ICICI.

my scooter sat in service for over a month! partly due to the service centre’s fault, and also because of ICICI.

the service guys didn’t bother to initiate the claim for a while, and even when they did i hardly heard back from them, with unmet deadlines. when filing the claim, they also didn’t bother including the mirror so i had to pay for it on my own.

about ICICI, they weren’t ready to replace the panels. my scooter fell on its left side at around a speed of 40, and most of the left panels were badly scratched up. the claim agent was not willing to change the panels, and instead kept insisting on repaint (which does not happen in Ather). after everything, my rear grab handles and side stand are still all scratched up. again, ICICI.

still waiting to receive my 18k from ICICI. i dont know why they keep delaying and making excuses. after a lot of headaches and weeks wasted, i absolutely do not recommend anyone to go with ICICI. the EC was offering a different one (Acko i think), now i regret not going for that instead.

6 Likes

I had a better experience with HDFC ergo, Claim was settled in 2 days, met with a rear end collision and scooter fell on it left side. They processed it in 2 days but it wasn’t a Cashless, so I had to pay in advance and they paid me in 2 days. Since my policy wasn’t zero dep. only 70% claim was approved for panels, and lights, while 100% for side stand and rear grab handle.

3 Likes

Is ur insurance GoDigit one ?

No it’s ICICI. I went with the one provided through the dealer at Belagavi to exactly avoid claim settlement issues!! But seems like the process is going to be painful.

1 Like

best of luck. lets hope the dealer helps make it smooth

3 Likes

Ah, as my luck would be, I managed to get mine banged up from an idiot Bullet rider. Tried to cut me off turning left from the right lane, no indicator or anything. Hit the front and managed to fall on the right. Some panels are scratched, right mirror stalk broken and brake lever slightly scuffed up.

In Belagavi, also got the ICICI Lombard insurance from dealer. Hope it goes smoothly :crossed_fingers:

My poor Ather, just turned 6 months old few days ago :smiling_face_with_tear::sob:

1 Like

:pleading_face: all the best :pray: i’ve had terrible experience with ICICI Lombard here in Delhi, but i wish you all the best. hope it goes smoothly for you

File an FIR and get it from his insurance maybe?

He took off as expected :confused:

Anyways enquired at EC, will get the parts replaced under warranty…

1 Like

I had similar accident in March. Had to replace three right side panels and right mirror. I’m have acko insurance, claim was easy and straight forward. Got the money (50%) within 3 days. Got the side panels replaced at JC Nagar SC and mirror at Yelahanka SC. Total bill was around 9.5k.

2 Likes

Why did they approve the claim for 50% & not 100%? Are you having zero dep?

1 Like

Acko don’t have option for zero dep. plastic parts are given as 50%.

1 Like

Ohh okay. Never knew some providers do not provide that option. And Ack being quite famous, kind of a shocker

1 Like

They keep changing. I got once.

1 Like

That’s nice. When was it. Was it for 2 wheeler ?

1 Like