450X: Product/Technical discussions

Changing colour of the vehicle is not legal according to transport law as our registration certificate will have vehicle colour mentioned as white.

You can get your vehicle wrapped in any colour of your choice but again at your own risk. It’s still not street legal. Wrapping is not considered changing colour of the vehicle completely. Its just a sticker on top of the body. If cops stop you or once you get bored of the colour you can peel it off and the vehicle will be in its original colour.

If you permanently planning to change the colour either by replacing the white body panels to black or by painting the white panels to black then visit the nearest rto and pay a certain fees and get the new colour endorsement done in registration certificate. Once this is done you are good to go and most important It’s legal.

2 Likes

I m not sure if he meant changing the colour permanently or changing his colour choice of his pre-order. I am not remembering selection of colour during pre-order though…

1 Like

Series 1 did not have color selection during pre-order. But it came after Jan launch (“series 2”?). So it might be able to change selection by calling the team.

2 Likes

Does anyone have an idea of how much the Bluetooth helmet will cost?

Also, will ather provide us with one or will we have to buy from third party?

I guess it’s minimum 3k

1 Like

The TPMS, smart helmet are being developed and expected to be available sometime in Q1 2021. We will announce the timelines and pricing at a later point.

4 Likes

Can you post a torque graph for 450x similar to what we have on 450’s landing page?

Also, is there a charging curve / graph for charging 450x using Ather grid? Or is it flat 1.45km/min for any SOC < 80%?

3 Likes

I think I read 0-50 1.45km 50-80 1.1km Per minute

Can you point me to the FAQ?

Have been reading a lot of threads so don’t remember where it was :slight_smile:

What is highest rpm of pmsm in 450x?

Are there “Hazard lights” in Ather 450x?

3 Likes

No. It’s in the feature requests topic. Upvote it if you want it. Upvoting will help Ather to prioritize and if possible provide it in the next OTAs

1 Like

Hi,

If I wish to upgrade to the latest 4g Dashboard with Bluetooth which is deployed in 450 X to my 450 Will that be possible?

3 Likes

@atherenergy, @abhishek.balaji,

Is e-sim of JIO provided by ather is future proof? Just came to know that JIO will be upgrading to 5G network in near future.

Since technology changes rapidily but consumer cannot change the scooter acodingly.

Another one since tablet is running on Android does it have version like Android Oreo, Pie?

3 Likes

4G isn’t going anywhere in next 2 years atleast. But technology is changing rapidly and we can’t comment anything for sure.

Considering that most of us are willing to keep Ather atleast 5 years for sure, 5G will take over and Ather must do something this time learning from the mistake they did in 450.

And AFAIK the dashboard will be powered by Android Oreo.

5G will require a change in the modem. They could just use a USB dongle option as a way to upgrade. But, it’s not going to be free!

2 Likes

I think ather should think in that way so that customer should not go for upgrade option by paying it later stage. After paying the hefty amount then it required to pay for hardware changes at later stage due to operator(JIO) upgrade.

1 Like

The 450X uses eSIMs, so switching between operators should get easier compared to the 450. From what I’ve read, 4G is a stable evolution in mobile network technology, and hence would be the default like what 2G is today. But like others have mentioned, upgrading to 5G many years from now would require hardware intervention, similar to how you’ll need to change your phone when 5G actually comes out and is operational.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hello Hyderabad