450X: Product/Technical discussions

Saw this on the website. I think i it is an error because it is counterintuitive for 450x to take 0.6 sec longer to reach 40kmph than 450+. Right?

6 Likes

It was an error when this new look website went live. It was corrected soon after it was flagged. Maybe you have to erase cache and check. I can see it updated

6 Likes

Want to understand and get some advice, Series1 or other colours “Grey, White, Green” which one will have long term durability and less in maintenance

1 Like

All of them will get scuffed just like a normal scooter will. I’d like to think that the Matt grey can resist a few scratches, if not resist, maybe hide them better than the rest. But the series 1 will you get you much better resale value A buyer would pay more for a 20000km run series 1 rather than a 20000Kn run normal paint scheme 450X. Owning a white 450, I can tell you, if you scratch the panels, the paint underneath will be seen

2 Likes

Wo… my need for quick charge landed me at Ather space today and I finally got a chance to look at the production 450X vehicle :heart_eyes:. No test rides yet but there is one for display. I am not looking for test drive and only curious to see the final product so had a peek into the dashboard.

1. Touch is so… smooth compared to 450. Thanks for snapdragon processor & Android. Finally for me personally the touch and refresh rate problem for dashboard are gone. (Seeing Maps to get an idea of route while waiting at signals. Loading of document page in dashboard switching between pages)

PS: there is no issue with my touch screen hardware though in my 450. It is just the refresh rate is slow in current dashboard.

1. Its four modes and not three modes my confusion is cleared.

2. Side stand sensor which I am very interested and waiting since ages. No more tensions of not being closed and someones behind you tell that.

3. Colour visibility and look of UI on the dash board. Lot more vibrant colours and awesome look. It was like moving from picture tube TV to LED directly. LCD level is skipped😜.

4. Bluetooth feature is not yet included in dashboard UI even though the sensor is available, a software update is to be released.

Overall I am very much impressed by the improvement in the dashboard be it the colours or touch sensitivity or the connectivity or the loading speeds. It was a good visible change all together.:+1::+1::slightly_smiling_face:.

Just one request is that please work-on and release the software update for dashboard ASAP so that up until, the Ather accessories are released owners can use own accessories if they get a good quality product and make use of the available feature. Because this is not related to supply chain and manufacturing. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:.

13 Likes

450x Eco Ride Sport Wrap :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

The android dash is so fluid!. no lags and the screen refresh is… lets says REFRESHING!

12 Likes

Ather 450x Dashboard …

Without Bluetooth

One more video of grey colour 450x , ready for delivery…:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Did they make a last min change of keeping Sport Mode as well?

1 Like

The WARP mode prototypes we got had only ERW and even the prototypes during the Jan launch only had ERW modes.

Could be that the display model had a beta firmware.

Edit: It’s confirmed that the production spec will have 4 modes. Eco, Ride, Sports & Warp.

Production vehicles will have all four modes, the beta warp mode vehicles and other prototypes have only 3.

6 Likes

Delivery Ready 450X smart scooters :heart_eyes:

21 Likes

Where are the Series 1?

2 Likes

This all are only…

with out series 1 body panels :wink: and without Bluetooth option :roll_eyes:( getting later :sunglasses:)

Below this all are ready for delivery in Chennai 450 scooters

7 Likes

Looks like you’ve been sneaking around the office :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re all getting an OTA before delivery :smile:

18 Likes

Yes :grin:

Happy to have seen all smart scooters.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi guys what about GPS with ather they can pull-up every details of us like point to point this is privicy issues so any alternate solution .

There is an incognito mode which I think should switch off location data which Ather receives. Because the GPS seems to completely switch off and you can’t use the maps in that mode.

2 Likes

Just use the incognito mode if you don’t want Ather to track your rides :smiley:

P.S. Google Maps on your mobile will still track your travel history unless disabled.

1 Like

Not just Google maps… every 3rd app wants to check location!. Privacy in the internet age is a myth.

8 Likes