450X: Product/Technical discussions

It’s Ather 450x and not an iphone :grinning:

Not sure how it is “a known fact” when there in not even 1 Ather 450x on the roads. The smart helmet by Ather is only optional. Pair your phone and play it via any BT enabled speaker. Moreover it running an Android of all.

1 Like

Effect of reading too many posts :roll_eyes: Thank you for the clarification

Whether any bluetooth device can be connected to scooter.For example,bluetooth headset.

1 Like

Just clarified this here: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/450x-product-technical-discussions/5401/65?u=abhishek.balaji

During todays (15.02.2020) open house discussion@chennai It was told that

1. Ather is planning to introduce another plan (for 450x) for light riders in which monthly subscription will be less than Rs1000 for initial cost of around Rs1.25k such that we will get infinite battery warranty. 2)Under collectors edition of inside out theme,we may be getting scooter with transparent body.
  2. Ather 450x will be available for test ride in less than 6weeks (@ chennai).
  3. Before release to customer, Ather 450x will go test drive (@ roads and under factory conditions) for about 1million kms, get ride data and ensure no bug or correct bugs.
  4. Bluetooth/WiFi is of no use other than pairng to headset and for hearing music or map announcements.No update possible thru it.
  5. In chennai Ather 450x pro will be around Rs11k extra than bengaluru price.
7 Likes

This is awesome! @Ather.Team we’ll be grateful if you can add in Bluetooth functions too!

If well placed, this is gonna be some mean cyberpunk machine!! Whoa!! :robot:

2 Likes

During today’s open house,I felt very bad that ather could have kept a working Ather 450x scooter instead of dummy one in chennai showroom. Even turn on is enough(test ride is not req)to have feel of dashboard. Instead of keeping dummy They can put photo.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I felt no use.

If the team can introduce all the specs of the pro variant but with lesser range for a better price, then it’s gonna sell like hot cakes.

If you’re compromising on performance and features just to present a lower subscription price then it beats the purpose of investing such a high amount in purchasing the 450X.

I can’t wait to hear to all the specifics of the plan soon.

1 Like

Awesome news about the lite subscription plan.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the info @karthikramiyer. Really excited to get to know that @Ather.Team is serious about the feedback that we share in the forum. Under 1k subscription or pay as you use subscription makes sense. 99k + ( less than 1k ) does make sense

AtherEnergy and team may be getting in right direction if done this way. To cut across section of riders irrespective of user, there may be more adoption. That’s why they seem to take a changed approach. They started realising the sentiments now if they are thinking this way. Appreciate these welcome steps.

1 Like

It won’t be 99k + 1k a month. The upfront cost of 1.49/1.59L remains the same. For the subscription, we’re looking at something similar to 1.3L upfront and around 1k a month subscription.

1 Like

collectors edition with transparent body … waiting for it …

1 million Km’s testing

Hope people who preordered can have a chance to buy and help Ather in testing vehicle in real world conditions

Yesterday i requested Tarun to have a upfront buying option plan (other than Pro and Plus) given the customer to select the features(bluetooth, TPMS, WiFi,Top speed,Warp mode,Range etc) as add on.Each customer will be having their own wishes.As the features are software progrmmable it will not be a problem for Ather.This is the way Tesla is also following and that also sounds better. Let customer choose what is needed and pay accordingly.Everybody in this forum may vote and ask ather team so that they’ll consider the same. This can be made applicable for subscription plans also. Is this sounds better? @acorreya

7 Likes

This number seems a little off. We’ll announce the onroad prices in each city soon, so do hold on!

2 Likes

These number i got from tarun during yesterday open house.I also meant rough.Thats why i told around 11k.

1 Like

This sounds awesome! Just like we subscribe for the channels we need on TV, we get to pay only for what we need. I had another idea, since Ather takes ride stats, it would be good to pay as we ride (+some fixed base monthly amount). So I pay ₹xx ever month, and pay per kilometre of warp, sport, ride and eco mode i use. Just like burning petrol on a bike. @abhishek.balaji, can you also think of a plan like this with the team?

I have been saying the same even for the already existing ather 450 subscription plans like the service charge and connect. given the list of all features let the user select what he wants and get it billed for the ones that the user have selected.

1 Like

Customization will definitely support subscription mode… I can try all features and decide on it when exiting subscription. Exit fee could be based on features I opt for. I personally don’t see limited subscription as a differentiator, as I won’t push the battery to the limit. With the current subscription, it’s an “either or” situation, this is driving me away from subscription mode.

@abhishek.balaji, since 450x is running on a pmsm, can we see higher regen? Will it be customisable?

1 Like