450X: Product/Technical discussions

Have not heard any rattling noise so far, even on bad roads … but running into different app and sync issues even after OTA update.

Very often I hear a grunting noise from the motor which I belive is common for all 450x users. I am told, this noise will eventually reduce.

4 Likes

How to see Ather’s presentation @ CES? Can’t find anything on the schedule page.

Then something is definitely wrong with my 450x if it’s rattle free for many of you. Dashboard restart in middle of ride, sync issues , maps some times takes forever to load or doesn’t even load is normal routine now. Don’t know when we will get all these issues sorted.

1 Like

There’s no rattle sound. But I have experienced dashboard restart in middle of a ride.

2 Likes

There’s no presentation this time, we’re running a virtual exhibit at CES where attendees can come and interact with us!

How can that be done? Any link or something?

1 Like

If any one has got ather please let me know the performance

450 or 450x?

1 Like

Better than any of the 125cc scooters currently available… lower than some performance motorbikes of 250 cc

Hey Guys,

For 450x, is it safe to get a full body wash done through washing centers? Just worried if it can cause any electronic/electrical issues?

I noticed that my 450x dashboard is always ON when bike is on charge … is anyone facing this issue?

Check this out

It should not be. Brightness of the display should go low in a while and if you touch it again, display turns on.

3 Likes

@tarun, @abhishek.balaji Do 450x after assembly go through any QC checks ? How come my 450x which was manufactured in Nov 2020 already has hardware component issue in dashboard display which has to be replaced now to solve dashboard restart which occurs middle of ride. Earlier I had handlebar Noise issue which used make creaking Noise when it was turned in any direction for which they told they re routed brake line to prevent Noise issue. Aren’t all these supposed to be identified after assembly before getting delivered to customer ?

2 Likes

Definitely yes, there are stringent quality checks, seems like there was a miss in your case. Glad to know that they’ve resolved the issue. Internally, they’ll look at these cases where there was a miss and make improvements in the process and EC to ensure this doesn’t repeat in the future.

1 Like

Then why saree guard is offered with the scooter…? And why on earth will some one in India pay a 1.72 lac INR for a scooter and will refrain his/her own saree dressed mother sitting as a pillion rider…?

Because that is the LAW!. YES!. A saree guard has to be installed prior to delivery. What you do after delivery is up to you!

1 Like

When is the bluetooth feature getting enabled?

3 Likes

Also will this Bluetooth feature is going to be part of subscription plan or get it by default without additional charges.

1 Like

When Taking Delivery - they Informed -

Bluetooth Feature will be rolled out on February -

Will this Bluetooth Feature will be Delivered as Promised in Feb / or it’s just a prototype for Display in Website…?

2 Likes

There’s no law that mandates the need for a single footrest for sitting sideways. But rules for saree guard exist. Even for 20Lakh superbikes. Hayabusa gets a saree guard. 🤷

2 Likes

Bluetooth is supposed to be an OTA feature. The hardware is already built-in. So it should enable after one of the updates…

1 Like