450X: Product/Technical discussions

There’s no subscription required to use Bluetooth. This has been clarified previously.

1 Like

That’s what every Ather 450x owner is eagerly waiting for - Hardware implemented in Vehicle an Year Ago b4 COVID - But Software Update is yet to be Rolled out -

My Query is - When will we get this update …?

We all are paying subscription Charges without Bluetooth Feature’s

Will those Features rolled on Feb as Promised…?

Ather is Just Expanding Business in all cities with the prototype - Rather than Getting the Current product Stable & Resolving Softwares Glitches

Yes everyone has this question as we paid for the vehicle because it has this as one of the features.

But for below statement

The answer is just above your post

For bluetooth subscription is not required and also for critical and major OTA updates subscription is not required. This is clear from Ather’s side.

Do any of you hear Noise from front and back suspension after hard braking ?

I have 3 particular doubts/questions about the aether 450+ which I recently purchased.

1. Is it safe to change the mode whilst driving ? As in when I’m on a steep surfaces I change eco mode to ride mode to get some acceleration
  2. There’s an unusual sound at the front-end when I slow down the vehicle
  3. Can we change the map view to satellite or street view on aether app/dashboard?

Oh yes!. The toggle switch next to the throttle will help you switch modes on the fly.

Front-end as in the wheels? Or the handle bar? Or the area below the footboard?

Nope. The navigation screen is custom built interface but uses Google maps API. As of today, there is no option to change between satellite/street view.

Does it sound like a loud howl accompanied by rumbling on the footboard?

Do not keep your vehicle parked near transformers or other high electromagnetic emission devices.

What is the minimum distance we need to maintain. My home is beside a transformer and I used to park at 15 feet away from transformer.does it effect anything

Does that mean White color 450X will have least visible scratches?

Whatever is the base colour, White is the best colour on a vehicle when it comes to masking scratches. That’s why it is much easier to maintain than darker shades. In this case, it is much less visible as the base material is also White.

Ather has changed this form the 450X I guess because for my 450, the base is definitely black visible when the scooter fell down and I had to replace the panels

2 Likes

Thank you. I owned white scooters for more than a decade. But scratches are very much visible. The ones i got from the tight public parking lots. Maybe it would have been much more worse on darker colours.

Is there any updates regarding availability of transparent panels for series 1 ?

These guys are not giving any update on things for which they missed timelines. The time line for translucent panels they informed earlier itself is in April 2021. So only if we are day dreaming then in that dream they will give an update regarding that.

It was announced in the S1 unveil that the panels would be available in May

1 Like

What was time line for performance tyres, tpms, bluetooth helmet ?

I don’t remember. “Soon” I guess. :wink:

1 Like

By the way “soon” mentioned by @tanishqkhare is from Ather’s dictionary not to be confused with something similar in Oxford dictionary :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So no bluetooth which was supposed to be enabled by Feb no updates regarding state of accessories @abhishek.balaji can we get any clarity regarding this ? Many users got their 450x delivery in Dec even after waiting for 60 days still no bluetooth nothing. Dashboard stability is biggest problem. For how long should we wait for all these to be sorted out ?

1 Like

Sorry for posting different topic here.whether 4G module is installed in ather 450x by default or we have to go and get it installed…sorry again

It’s by default.