450X: Product/Technical discussions

Being that ather connects to phone, it seems that it will facilitate the song title and call buttons. So whatever the accessories, we should be able to connect, unless ather verifies and locks using the app. That’ll be a low blow and it is not ather’s modus operandi as far as I see.

That’s normal, there are some functions such as the BMS and dashboard that are active and consumes a small amount of power. We recommend you leave your vehicle plugged in overnight for a full charge the next morning. There are enough precautions taken in the BMS and algorithms to ensure there’s no significant impact on battery life.

So is it ok to charge till 100% daily? It won’t affect battery health?

1 Like

No that was the reason for the slow charging after 80% till 100% so that battery life can be sustained even if we charge to 100% daily.

Even the fast charging is designed in such a way. So there shall not be an effect on battery life due to 100% charging.

1 Like

Do I have to use the Warp Mode wisely or can I go Bonkers on it @tarun @abhishek.balaji. I use my 450x to travell 50kms a day (round trip) for work and I want to drive in warp mode every day.

Does the battery life reduce when I use warp mode compared to other modes for daily travel of 50kms?

1 Like

Well, of you have a 50km drive to a single charge you might want to check the true range in warp mode, which as per the website is:

Well Thanks, I am not concerned about the range. If I feel I want to drive little further, I will reduce it to ride or eco mode.

My main concern is about the battery life if I drive fully in Warp Mode.

Since you will have to recharge more frequently, there will be an impact, but it is a complicated mechanism to find out the scale of the impact or if it will be otherwise, unless all sorts of parameters are analysed.

1 Like

is 450 plus hardware (battery and motor) actually different than 450 X or electronically reduced on capacity and specs?

1 Like

It’s supposedly different and hence the price difference is around 20k lesser as compared to the difference of around 10k lesser when announced.

1 Like

Maybe that’ll be done on the subscription models

The first plan was to downtune by software. But when the subscription plans were ditched, it became viable to actually reduce hardware specs.

1 Like

There are no subscription models now? or in future?

At the moment, no. Maybe “soon in the future” .

The other subscriptions are still available, apparently. Service, connect, et al.

Putting this here just to avoid confusion to new readers…

1 Like

Thanks. Wrote to customer care for confirmation. will post once I get right details.

anyone knows about how Ather VIN decoded to understand manufacturing date/month? any other details can be understood from Ather VIN?

VIN is 17 character long.

First 3 digits is called WMI (World Manufacturer Identifier). First 2 characters MY denotes India and third digit is manufacturer. In our case it is MYH meaning “Ather India”. WMI is assigned by the SAE International.

The next 6 characters, 4th to 9th, is called the VDS (Vehicle Descriptor Section) and it contains the vehicle details. Each manufacturer has a unique system for using this field of 6 characters and it may include information on the platform used, the model, and the body style etc. Manufacturers mostly use the 8th digit to identify the engine type. Not sure what Ather has used it for.

The last 8 charecters, 10th to 17th, are called VIS (Vehicle Identifier Section). Of these, the last 5 are serial numbers of vehicles. 10th digit is year of manufacturing year. It’s K in my case which is 2019 and 11th digit is A denoting January. 12th digit is also left to the manufacturer and generally it’ll be Assembly plant Identifier.

If we compare some VIN numbers, we can decode this better.

4 Likes

My 10th is L so 2020 and my delivery is in 2 days, 11th is A so does that mean it was manufactured in January?

Month code generally changes every year. It’s not always A for January.

So how do we decode it?