450X: Product/Technical discussions

How does input from accelerator to motor connected in 450x? Is it by ride by wire technology?

1 Like

it has to be as there is no physical connection for eg to open the carburettoe or control the fuel injector etc. :slight_smile:

Well there isn’t any other way to do it in an EV. Afaik

What is 450x power in bhp unit?

It would be nearly around 8bhp

What maximum RPM of PMS motor in ather 450x?

@abhishek.balaji can you share link to download 450X detailed specifications pdf which was earlier available to download from website but now i can’t find it?

3 Likes

Any updates of 450x specifications pdf ?

Go to “Press” at the bottom of the main page of Ather website. Click/tap on that. From there you can download the press kit which contains the specification pdf and manynother things too. But I agree it should be available as a brochure to owners/prospective buyers too like earlier.

4 Likes

thanks for sharing steps to download specifications pdf.

@abhishek.balaji So since 450x has Bult in GNSS so can we expect smartphone like navigation accuracy finally using onboard navigation ? or network assist is still nedded for route correction ? what about offline loading of maps since we have 8gb of storage ? and which network sim is 450x using bsnl or again vodafone ?

1 Like

Offline maps is not possible yet, since Google Maps hasn’t enabled APIs to allow that on the dashboard. To elaborate more, you would see the offline option when using Google Maps on your phone, which is the consumer version of it. For a manufacturer like us to use it, we have to go through the commercial route, where the offline feature is not available yet. The Maps are cached when they load.

Just pre-empting the next probable question, other map providers like MapMyIndia or Here Maps do provide that option, but the quality of mapping data is not on par with Google Maps.

3 Likes

so what about navigation accuracy ? since now it has built in hardware compared to network network triangulation of 450 ?

Nothing noticable. The 450 had dedicated GPS hardware too.

Actually, a product expert at Ather EC in Mumbai while boasting of the quality of the material used for the body panels showed me a deeply scraped panel of a test ride white 450 and I was surprised to see that the white coloured panel was actually made of white coloured ABS (a bit off white to be precise) and so the scraping was not evident enough to catch attention. Don’t know if Ather 450X body panels of different colour schemes have the same white coloured base material for the panel’s or are of different colour/s. If someone from Ather technical team / @abhishek.balaji can clarify on this it would be helpful in deciding a colour scheme for people who have prebooked and are yet to commit on the choice of vehicle colour to purchase (payment windows open today for Mumbai).

3 Likes

Just sharing my experience on this. I was also curious to know the same thing as any damge to this beauty can hurt us and if it’s visible then that will feel bad. While checking same on test ride vehicles i.e. 450x pre-production model I have seen body panel damage on test vehicles which shows it has base material of white colour.

1 Like

Good observation. Thanks for sharing. Our concerns are similar and genuine. Should we probably wait for white 450x ? Most of us are eligible for CE. But this is an important aspect to consider. Just when the window for payment has been opened after a long wait we still seem to be in dilemma :neutral_face:

Yes. All panels have a white base coat. Like how most panels on cars come in grey/white/ clearcoat base color and the workshop will repaint to match your vehicle color.

This is a standard practice in the industry.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji

is it necessary to take connect pro or connect lite packs while taking delivery, because iam planning to opt at a later stage say after a month or so , after delivery

No compulsion. It’s completely your choice

1 Like