450X: Product/Technical discussions

There can be various other factors which may affect the acceleration of the vehicle, torque of the motor alone can’t determine the acceleration of the vehicle. And torque can be easily manipulated by using different gears, belt drives, etc. So what actually matters is the torque at the wheels. What’s given at the website is the torque of the motor. So the wheel torque for both scooters maybe gives them the same acceleration.

Look I am no expert and I only replied to you because you wrote everything in caps telling

Which I felt wasn’t true, for me Ather has done nothing but clarify all my questions whenever I have asked them.

1 Like

In case of upfront purchase, instead of buying the data plan can I use my own SIM card?

Not an issue if you have deals with multiple service providers and can connect to any network for poor connectivity places.

The 450X comes with a 4G e-SIM which is capable of switching to different network towers when the coverage is very poor. So, you wouldn’t need to worry about your scooter being out of network coverage.

Either 450 has 22nm torque now or 450x plus has 20.5nm.

You have no idea about my experience with ather.
Now the scooter is completely fine.
And moreover the bldc motor and pmsm motor both are for electric scooters so the belt remains same.
It is really not possible that 20.5nm and 22nm have sane acceleration okay.
1.5nm torque does matter it reduces your timing from 3.9 to somewhere around 3.6-3.7
Moreover the weight of the scooter is 3kgs lesser then ather 450 gen 1.5
So obviously it does matter

1 Like

Great specs
Is Ather planning to offer any any option for 450 owners to upgrade to 450X?

2 Likes

Check this out:
https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-450x-discussions/4630/1547?u=sumanth1998

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

Few questions

• does the 450x have built-in music player?
  • can I play the song or receive calls through my won set of ear phones (Bluetooth / wired) ?
  • does it capable of playing FM ?
1 Like

It does have a keys to control your phone’s app via BlueTooth control in Pro no and no it does have speaker but they are not meant for song playing it does not have FM

• does the 450x have built-in music player?
    • No, it can control music on your phone’s playlist (via bluetooth). 3 functions :previous_track_button: :play_or_pause_button: :next_track_button:
  • can I play the song or receive calls through my own set of ear phones (Bluetooth / wired)?
    • You have to listen to songs or receive calls only through some Bluetooth enabled earphones. No wired earphones as there is no 3.5mm jack or USB port for music/phone. There will be no speakers on the scooter either for music/phone.
  • does it capable of playing FM ?
    • No. FM is pre-historic :smiley:
2 Likes

I think you are looking to buy a mobile phone :slight_smile:

1. No music player
  2. I believe so since the screen showed options to accept/reject calls and control music playback.
  3. No. Does not support FM/AM
4 Likes

Reason to ask this question is it’s known fact that Bluetooth which is inside 450x cannot be paired with the mobile, if it can be paired to play music, then it can be done so for other things too. I think it can only be played through Bluetooth helmet which is going to be released and it can only be paired with the vehicle.

Yes, I have 450 already :wink:

Not sure where you saw this :thinking:

Bluetooth on the dashboard connects to your phone and acts like a remote. You can connect your earphones to your phone to listen to the music.

The smart helmet is an optional accessory.

2 Likes

It’s Ather 450x and not an iphone :grinning:

Not sure how it is “a known fact” when there in not even 1 Ather 450x on the roads. The smart helmet by Ather is only optional. Pair your phone and play it via any BT enabled speaker. Moreover it running an Android of all.

1 Like

Effect of reading too many posts :roll_eyes: Thank you for the clarification

Whether any bluetooth device can be connected to scooter.For example,bluetooth headset.

1 Like

Just clarified this here: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/450x-product-technical-discussions/5401/65?u=abhishek.balaji

During todays (15.02.2020) open house discussion@chennai It was told that

1. Ather is planning to introduce another plan (for 450x) for light riders in which monthly subscription will be less than Rs1000 for initial cost of around Rs1.25k such that we will get infinite battery warranty. 2)Under collectors edition of inside out theme,we may be getting scooter with transparent body.
  2. Ather 450x will be available for test ride in less than 6weeks (@ chennai).
  3. Before release to customer, Ather 450x will go test drive (@ roads and under factory conditions) for about 1million kms, get ride data and ensure no bug or correct bugs.
  4. Bluetooth/WiFi is of no use other than pairng to headset and for hearing music or map announcements.No update possible thru it.
  5. In chennai Ather 450x pro will be around Rs11k extra than bengaluru price.
7 Likes

This is awesome! @Ather.Team we’ll be grateful if you can add in Bluetooth functions too!

If well placed, this is gonna be some mean cyberpunk machine!! Whoa!! :robot:

2 Likes

During today’s open house,I felt very bad that ather could have kept a working Ather 450x scooter instead of dummy one in chennai showroom. Even turn on is enough(test ride is not req)to have feel of dashboard. Instead of keeping dummy They can put photo.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I felt no use.