450X: Product/Technical discussions

exactly you know about the stress load factor for die cast parts just take deep look

this totally unfair by ather …they have to make some design adjustment for pillion riders wearing Saree so that they can sit comfortably. see we r in India, not in the US and a Saree is common dress in India; don’t how come @ather-bubhandari miss this point altogether while designing. See after paying 1.66 lac and can’t able to ride with MOTHER/WIFE as pillion is a difficult thing to come to terms with. kindly look into the option of having a footrest for side seated pillion riders . This is only a suggestion.

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

The saree guard is there only because rules mandate it has to be there. But yes, footrest is important for indian commute, so is the center stand. But it seems that most users here have overcome the need of these either by usage or by a few tricks, at least for the footrest, like

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/pillion-rider-foot-rest/4600/49?u=acorreya

The fact that none of the females from the family of the Ather Owners wear Sarees. That is the reason for ignoring certain aspects in design. I had shared lot of design concepts to Ather but due to different mindset, the design team of Ather ignores it.

update your contact binu

I’m pretty sure that the construction here is Safe, Hope they are die-casted but an Aluminium alloy to make it to shape, There are 2 x 2 support they cannot fail simultaneously

More on this topic

Aluminum chassis is the future. I think Ather Energy is correct in choosing the right material for chassis

Hey @raghav.srinivasan, is it common to have rumbling and vibrations from the below the footboard at speeds exceeding 70kmph?? Because it’s a regular for me at that high speed.

here all our discussions will see in real world factor only its happens until no one understand about this topic

Hi has any one experienced during high speed braking in 450x any kind of vibration like when abs kicks in cars from brakes/handle bar ? Ather service says this is normal but I am sure this is not normal since it was not there in 450 during same high speed braking.

I honestly cannot give you an answer for this since most of the roads are drive on are so bad, i can’t clearly differentiate if the vibration is from the vehicle or the road!.

I had a grunting vibration for the first 1000+ kms at low speeds, but that has stopped. I occasionally feel a rough ride but that could just be debris and mud on the belt/drive system.

1 Like

I don’t know how to answer your question, why would you think it’s gonna break? Nowadays everything in the automotive industry is being built on Aluminium alloy from alloy wheels to frames, aluminium has a much better advantage then steel/ iron, they are light so they reduce the weight of the vehicle they give better rigidity than steel, fewer chances of oxidation they are BOLTED instead of welding, sometimes made with a single block, so very less chance of cracking. But to answer your question if you damage the frame it will be quite expensive to repair, It’s not gonna break on it’s own

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, i get the rumbling on clear, flat, even roads specifically and regularly at speeds above 80kmph. There is this Mysore road flyover, I remember it’s called BGS sirsi flyover or something of the sort. The 2km flyover allows you to buzz through at top speeds. This is one of those few places in Bangalore where you can freely maintain top speed for a few minutes. I obseved the floorboard rumbling is constant throughout.

Vibrations originate from the motor - perhaps the bearings that are side loaded due to belt tension - and travel through the rigid mounting into the chassis where you can feel them at your feet.

I have a good mind to work on a solution next week to isolate the motor from the chassis. Will not be easy since there is no clearance between the two components, and some will have to be made.

I do hope that the motor uses decent bearings and not some jank which has irreperably worn out abnormally by now because of aforementioned side loading.

3 Likes

Ather 450X Suggestions and

1. Different colour for grids - “not working” and “not available”
  2. range should be mentioned 80%+20%
  3. number plate is not of good quality
  4. Faster delivery experience
  5. when bike is at rest and side stand is engaged it should turn off the motor
  6. documents can be viewed in a better way
  7. google navigation should include sound too as sometimes you need to again and again look on dsshboard
  8. Different helmet sizes should be available
  9. Launch a cheaper ather bike with only ride mode
  10. A way to stop charging at 80% from the app for longer battery
  11. Faster syncing with the bike
  12. A way to reduce overnight range drop
  13. Ask dealer to not add their stickers on the bike for marketing as it does not look nice on the bike
  14. If it’s possible to measure the electricity consumed via an ota
  15. a way to customise the sound
6 Likes

kindly describe your exact issues what you are looking for if its possible i can help you technically

3 Likes

Hey, U can’t be judging ppl like that. And that is also considered as rude. How could u tell so sure, that no Ather Family has a women not wearing sarees and only chudidhars n etc. Ather ppl should n will listen to everybody. They just don’t think like “oh the person who buys My Moped, in their family no women wil wear saree so I don’t need to consider that part in my design” no dude Ather is listening to ppl. And considers everyone’s opinion in their next new design. So @binu.surveyor do not judge anyone by its cover. Hope u would change ur thoughts to something better

1 Like

actually the rear pillion female rider can seat very comfortable even on onside position too

Women have difficulty to sit single side sir. more than 90% of women wear sarees in india. Design is worst. It’s an expensive electric Scooter in Market but it’s not a family electric Scooter.

1 Like

It was never designed as a family scooter. Even the saree guard was added later after it became a mandate, it wasn’t there in their initial design.

1 Like