450X: Product/Technical discussions

Have been reading a lot of threads so don’t remember where it was :slight_smile:

What is highest rpm of pmsm in 450x?

Are there “Hazard lights” in Ather 450x?

3 Likes

No. It’s in the feature requests topic. Upvote it if you want it. Upvoting will help Ather to prioritize and if possible provide it in the next OTAs

1 Like

Hi,

If I wish to upgrade to the latest 4g Dashboard with Bluetooth which is deployed in 450 X to my 450 Will that be possible?

3 Likes

@atherenergy, @abhishek.balaji,

Is e-sim of JIO provided by ather is future proof? Just came to know that JIO will be upgrading to 5G network in near future.

Since technology changes rapidily but consumer cannot change the scooter acodingly.

Another one since tablet is running on Android does it have version like Android Oreo, Pie?

3 Likes

4G isn’t going anywhere in next 2 years atleast. But technology is changing rapidly and we can’t comment anything for sure.

Considering that most of us are willing to keep Ather atleast 5 years for sure, 5G will take over and Ather must do something this time learning from the mistake they did in 450.

And AFAIK the dashboard will be powered by Android Oreo.

5G will require a change in the modem. They could just use a USB dongle option as a way to upgrade. But, it’s not going to be free!

2 Likes

I think ather should think in that way so that customer should not go for upgrade option by paying it later stage. After paying the hefty amount then it required to pay for hardware changes at later stage due to operator(JIO) upgrade.

1 Like

The 450X uses eSIMs, so switching between operators should get easier compared to the 450. From what I’ve read, 4G is a stable evolution in mobile network technology, and hence would be the default like what 2G is today. But like others have mentioned, upgrading to 5G many years from now would require hardware intervention, similar to how you’ll need to change your phone when 5G actually comes out and is operational.

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hello Hyderabad

Saw this on the website. I think i it is an error because it is counterintuitive for 450x to take 0.6 sec longer to reach 40kmph than 450+. Right?

6 Likes

It was an error when this new look website went live. It was corrected soon after it was flagged. Maybe you have to erase cache and check. I can see it updated

6 Likes

Want to understand and get some advice, Series1 or other colours “Grey, White, Green” which one will have long term durability and less in maintenance

1 Like

All of them will get scuffed just like a normal scooter will. I’d like to think that the Matt grey can resist a few scratches, if not resist, maybe hide them better than the rest. But the series 1 will you get you much better resale value A buyer would pay more for a 20000km run series 1 rather than a 20000Kn run normal paint scheme 450X. Owning a white 450, I can tell you, if you scratch the panels, the paint underneath will be seen

2 Likes

Wo… my need for quick charge landed me at Ather space today and I finally got a chance to look at the production 450X vehicle :heart_eyes:. No test rides yet but there is one for display. I am not looking for test drive and only curious to see the final product so had a peek into the dashboard.

1. Touch is so… smooth compared to 450. Thanks for snapdragon processor & Android. Finally for me personally the touch and refresh rate problem for dashboard are gone. (Seeing Maps to get an idea of route while waiting at signals. Loading of document page in dashboard switching between pages)

PS: there is no issue with my touch screen hardware though in my 450. It is just the refresh rate is slow in current dashboard.

1. Its four modes and not three modes my confusion is cleared.

2. Side stand sensor which I am very interested and waiting since ages. No more tensions of not being closed and someones behind you tell that.

3. Colour visibility and look of UI on the dash board. Lot more vibrant colours and awesome look. It was like moving from picture tube TV to LED directly. LCD level is skipped😜.

4. Bluetooth feature is not yet included in dashboard UI even though the sensor is available, a software update is to be released.

Overall I am very much impressed by the improvement in the dashboard be it the colours or touch sensitivity or the connectivity or the loading speeds. It was a good visible change all together.:+1::+1::slightly_smiling_face:.

Just one request is that please work-on and release the software update for dashboard ASAP so that up until, the Ather accessories are released owners can use own accessories if they get a good quality product and make use of the available feature. Because this is not related to supply chain and manufacturing. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:.

13 Likes

450x Eco Ride Sport Wrap :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

The android dash is so fluid!. no lags and the screen refresh is… lets says REFRESHING!

12 Likes

Ather 450x Dashboard …

Without Bluetooth

One more video of grey colour 450x , ready for delivery…:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Did they make a last min change of keeping Sport Mode as well?

1 Like