Ather 450X Discussions

@abhishek.balaji Thanks for the reply. I have pre-ordered with billing address of a non serviceable city. If i decide to buy will I get same priority as orders of serviceable city as I will take delivery from Bengaluru?

1 Like

Also people who wants performance may not looking for ev and have many other options in this price point. EVs are mainly considered for cost saving rides, performance is second

3 Likes

The Eco range in 450X goes up to 85km. However, from our current customers, we realize that most commuters charge the vehicle overnight. And their daily usage is well below the current range - even in the current sports mode.

As mentioned to a different question,

1 Like

These so called high performance EVs (450X) can’t go beyond the boundaries of a sprawling city and get back home with the limited range. Performance is felt and needed more when on empty roads and highways. Practicality of a super scooter with high torque is not achievable in a crowded metropolis. Range is the word to be substituted for torque in definition of performance.

We need a practical blend of range and torque and that’s performance.

However it’s a great job by Ather in investing in bringing in technology into two wheeler. Hats off and respects.

6 Likes

We shared this during the AMA, resharing this here:

Every OEM in the world who’s attempting an EV is trying to pack more range in their vehicles. Trust us, even we are! It is not that we are not focusing on a higher range. Perhaps no one in the world can give you more range than what 450X does in the shell of the 450X.

450, as well as 450X, were designed for urban commuting. All the research shows that there are very very very few people who use their ‘scooters’ for commuting for more than 60-70 km per day ‘Within the City’. In fact, we’ve been selling 450 for almost 2 years now and more than 97% of people ride it for more than 50 km per day. They charge overnight and are tank-full the next morning - and this cycle continues.

So, the bottom line is that very few people need a significantly higher range in a ‘City Scooter’. Despite that, we are trying to pack more range in our battery and you’ll continue to see improvements in the future as well.

For those who travel longer distances, perhaps something like a motorcycle would be more convenient. And trust us, when we make a bike, it’ll be the best out there!

2 Likes

This has been added here:

Yes, Ather is doing great job. But unfortunately without knowing (or purposefully ingnoring) majority of customer’s requirements

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji I too cancelled my pre-order this morning with a heavy heart , After closely following 450 for about a year and 450x till date this is something i never thought i will end up with… You guys at Ather might have produced a mean machine but where i will experience all that performance , I travel daily around 30 odd kms in Bangalore at a snail pace of 4-10km’s/hour , I can say that’s more or less same for every metro city which is your target market, Ather is making a fundamental mistake with a commuter vehicle segment justifying performance , Is 450 isn’t a performer it is for sure and that is more than enough for most of us a split on 1-2 secs fast do not make for the price you people are so damn confident about.

Anyways now that i have cancelled my order , I wish Ather all the best for their future and there is no Brute Force Analogy here you guys are also free to choose and serve your customer segments too … Good Byee!!!

Stands equally true for torque and acceleration :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Correctly said. But what about weekend adventure or a visit to close relative or a round trip in the city? As charging infrastructure & Fast charging technology or battery swap technology is poor or non-existence. So it makes sense to pack more range. Otherwise it won’t replace traditional scooters in future too.

2 Likes

Exactly why Ather should set up fast chargers outside the cities as well… So that we can fully utilize the vehicle

1 Like

Hey, I’ve updated the subscription plan details here: Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

Happy to answer any further queries on this :slight_smile:

Once the sales of new Ather 450 is closed by Ather in both Bangalore and Chennai, the demand for the second hand Ather 450 from those upgrading to Ather 450X is likely to be very high. It would then be worth considering an auction for those Ather 450 scooters being sold second hand with the floor price being set based on the Ather Health Certificate, age in months and cumulative mileage on the scooter. This will enable the current owners to get a good price and reduce the additional amount that they have to pay for Ather 450X. Also the second hand buyers will be paying a fair price for the value they get.

4 Likes

Not an auction exactly, but we’re working with partners to facilitate smooth exchange and resale of 450s.

A suggestion on mentioning the price of 450 and 450x. 1.13 lacs is on-road price of 450 and 1.59 lacs is the ex-showroom price of 450x Pro.

It is better to mention the on-road price or the ex-showroom price

2 Likes

We’ll come out with the onroad price in each city soon. Unfortunately, at this point, we cant share or compute the onroad price without getting regulatory clearance in each city.

2 Likes

The monthly battery subscription includes Ather Charge subscription (4G data charges, OTA updates, costs of data storage and pipeline costs, and unlimited Public charging at Ather Grid). You can take up optional service packs on top of this as well. Check this post to see what’s included and what’s not:

@abhishek.balaji why is the top speed still capped at 80 for the x pro. Can’t the limiter be raised in warp more. Do that and I buy for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Updated here: 450X: Product/Technical discussions

Sure, Until then we can mention the ex-showroom price of 450.

Yeah, we messed up the pricing announcement. Here’s more clarity on what’s included when you take a subscription. Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

TLDR;

The subscription includes battery subscription cost, data connectivity, data storage and pipeline costs, OTA updates and Unlimited public charging (basically, equivalent of the current Ather Charge plan)

1 Like