450X payments and purchase process

Hi Ather team, @abhishek.balaji I am facing issue while adding the DOT charger Installation, nothing happens post I clicked Save address, the 1800 is not getting added up to the amount payable. can someone help me please.

Thanks for flagging this, will get this checked

1 Like

This temporary registration is for two cases.

1. You want to register the vehicle in any other RTO than default RTO within the same state where you are getting temporary registration.

2. You want a special number for your vehicle and not the default number which we might get.

So with temporary registration we cannot take the vehicle to another state and register.

If we have to take a vehicle from one state and register in another state then. We have to take permanent registration then NOC and then re-register or transfer vehicle to that state.

For this also it has to be ensured that the vehicle is registered with state transport authorities.

It is not necessary that the vehicle is available in the same city we transfer, it can be in any city of the state. Or may it not be there but registered in the state transport.

For example in MP ather is not available but if it is registered with the state authorities then you can register the vehicle in MP, but you cannot get a temporary registration in karnataka and register in MP. We have to permanently register the vehicle in karnataka take a NOC then transfer to MP.

Also afaik if ather is not available in MP they cannot give temporary registration in MP, because for temporary registration dealer has to be there in that state.

Please correct me if there is any thing wrong in this info.

1 Like

For all the ppl here facing issues with their order process is like to share my obstacles and possible solutions.

Once open for paymentā€¦ try to pay soon as this will start your process.

Once you come to insurance sectionā€¦ choose Iā€™ll buy it on my own

Then make sure to follow up with ather everydayā€¦ add I left it for a few days going they will do it on their own but didnā€™t happenā€¦

Call them or whatsapp or both to send you your invoice.

Once a bike is assigned to you you will get an invoice with vin no. And motor no.

Use these 2 numbers to buy insurance directly from go digit ā€¦ follow their step by step processā€¦ it is quite streamlined and cheaper I think ā€¦ but donā€™t make the mistake of not entering the motor no. Under engine/motor no. On the relevant section while buying .

So I left out motor no. as it was not mandatory by digit And no 1 from ather told me I needed it ā€¦ my order just got stuck in insuranceā€¦ then when I followed up a couple of times ā€¦ they said this is why they didnā€™t continue.

Finally I have asked for TR to get my bike sooner and to register in my own rto. So currently awaiting that process to complete ā€¦ againā€¦ mention this to them at every interactionā€¦ because it was never updated to my account as everyone I spoke to didnā€™t know i had requested TR . So youā€™ll have to inform them at every step . Also reg the portable charger which I requested. Remind them a couple of times if you need this .

5 Likes

Thank you for these points to remember. Youā€™re getting TR for Karnataka?

Thank you so much for the information. Can NOC be obtained online so that I donā€™t have to go to RTO in BLR and can directly pick up the vehicle? Also RTO guy here suggested that riding KA registration should not be a problem but it mau depend on cops and I donā€™t want to take any chances. What should I do? I really need to get Ather. Can anyone guide what can be done?

If the stay is not permanent but it is going to be more than a year then better head to local RTO office in the state where you are going and request them to accept short term stay road tax. Pay the tax and get a letter from the RTO officer which can be used to show to the local traffic police. Do not go for NOC of the source state because you have to go through the same procedure if you wish to go back to your state. This is tedious job.

Getting an approval from RTO office of the new state will be helpful in any case. These are some of the tips which will ensure you to have a safe journey without getting into trouble with traffic authorities.

Source for the above.

Found this may be this helps.

Iā€™m not able to get this. Iā€™m from MP and would like to bring my Ather here. Iā€™m not moving out of MP atleast for 6-7 months from now on. What should I do?

Same thing applies right you are getting vehicle from Karnataka that means it is like moving from karnataka to MP. So you shall have 30days grace time to get local permission with in that time try to get permission from local RTO by paying short term tax and use the vehicle.

As a reference if I am not wrong, @Shreyas.G has a KA registered vehicle using in Delhi since very long. Because Delhi doesnā€™t have any road tax for EV he is using it without any trouble. If there is a tax then he would have payed and used it that is a work around to avoid the NOC procedure, and avoiding any penalty. Check with the RTO guy regarding this.

Sure. So I should ask him about getting a KA registration here and then re registering it. Right?

But also for completing the process, I would not be able to give any address proof for BLR.

Hi Jeetash,

Thanks for the in-depth explanation on the ordering process. It will be very beneficial for the community here. Finally the RTO process started for me yesterday. Eagerly waiting for the delivery:)
1 Like

If you are willing badly to get Ather then you will find a way to register in bangalore.

You may have a relative or close friend or some one whom you can trust in bangalore so get the vehicle in their name. You can transfer the vehicle documents while transferring the registration. That wont be a problem.

Not only Ather any vehicle company cannot help in getting the vehicle permanently/temporarily registered in a state where their presence is not available at the time of purchase. They just say we will look into the possibilities that is it.

So they suggest not to use the vehicle in such places. If we want to take the vehicle it is a risk that we are willing to take, so we have to work on that.

Ok. So there are multiple things here

1. You dont have an address in Bengaluru - So you canā€™t register here.

2. Ather cannot give you a temp registration at MP because Ather 450x is not available in the MP RTO databases. This will only happen when a dealer sets up shop there.

3. Most importantly, you are taking a risk by moving the vehicle halfway across the country with no local service/support at your city. While some of the niggles & bugs can be resolved with an OTA, Hardware specific issues cannot be done without a visit to the Service Center.

Let me list out probable issues (most common first):

• Side view mirror ball-socket joints loosening up.
  • Boot storage lamp yellowing
  • Dashboard LCD yellowing
  • Belt re-tensioning at regular service intervals or after a tyre replacement
  • Sensor errors (Motor/Temp)
  • Wiring Harness issues
  • Body panel replacement due to accidents/damage
  • Firmware reinstallation
  • Ather DOT issues
  • BMS issues

In addition, while the 450x is based off the 450 platform and shares a lot of components, key areas such as the battery pack, motor, dash, some sensors & software are new (or enhanced). There are bound to be issues/niggles with the first few batches, like with every other manufacturer launching a new product, so it would be a lot easier and simpler to manage when you are at a city with Ather service and Support.

Every time you need to get it serviced (at 5k km intervals), you will need to take time-off, ship the bike from MP to Bengaluru, wait until it is serviced (12-24 hours) and ship it back. If the visit is for major issues such as part replacement then it may take longer to fix it. This might be workable for owners who are in a 100 km radius of Bengaluru city since they can either drive the scooter or load it into a small tempo and ride along to Bengaluru. But for you, its going to be a very long drive!

I have no intention of being a buzzkill here, but i wanted to be sure you are aware of the risks involved. There is no point in taking it that far and later complaining that Ather isnā€™t working with you or helping you fix issues remotely.

PS: Just realised this series of posts may be better served with its own topic. Will move this and all previous conversations around registration in a different non-Ather city to a new topic.

8 Likes

No no youā€™re not being a buzzkill. You have given me very important information which I need to know before getting Ather here. Thank you so much for doing that. Also it might be a matter of 6-7 months that I may move out of Indore and possibly go to a city where Ather is there. Also there is no surety of ather being in Indore in the next few months. So that might another thing. Also my riding wonā€™t be that much do 5k service wonā€™t be coming that soon. Also moving to other city will get the service thing sorted. Also since it is Series 1, Iā€™ll have service plan even if it is available for me to use for 4-5 months. Also I do have my ice Scooter, incase something goes wrong, I could manage. Also, ather cs said theyā€™d also help me if anything goes wrong with the Scooter and cannot be taken care of remotely by guiding the Mechanic. That is risky but yeah. But the registration thing is the only matter of concern.

Also Iā€™m able to see this for 450! For MP 09 IMG_20201202_113039|690x388 Maybe it is registered?

1 Like

No no, that just shows up every state, I also thought the same a year ago, try giving a rto of any other state where ather is not yet there, it still shows up the state registration code

By seeing this and all other posts you have posted regarding this issue.

What I understood is that you are aware & calculated the risks involved and ready to take. And also you want to take the vehicle from bangalore before 31st December.

So this is remembered me of watching endgame. There is only one solution I am able to seeā€¦

1 Like

:point_up_2::point_up_2: I second this opinion. It is better to move all these to a topic so that any one else who have same thoughts can also get benefited.

2 Likes

Right. I did create a thread for this, I think it was called transporting your Ather to out of service area or just transporting the Ather. Yes, Iā€™m aware. End game reference :joy::joy:

I got sms from E-Vahan and my TR is approved yesterday at around 3:45pm. Still no updates in the portal on Delivery date!

Atherā€™s customer care number has weird behaviour asks you to please hold until you are in 1st position in the queue and then disconnects. This is happening since last Saturday!

5 Likes

Hi @abhishek.balaji the issue is still same, should I go ahead and make to payment without the fitment charge and pay the amount 1800 directly to the person who come to install the Dot charger.

Which TR is this?