Pricing and Changes

Could you get any answers for these? Just curious.

Yes, the vehicle is comprehensively covered for insurance.

2 Likes

Here is a quick comparison of Lease vs Loan for different downpayment options over a span of 3 years. Will help you work out which option works for you best.

7 Likes

Should Ather launch a newer version or an enhanced battery version 18 months from the date of delivery - what would be the best option then? Could you help with your analysis…

1 Like

@magneta, @phanindrabharath Sharing Autovert’s responses to queries on post-lease deductions, the inclusion of insurance cost and GST, and foreclosure of lease below.

Deductions at the end of 36 months:

1. No deductions for standard wear and tear - i.e. tyres, brakes, handle grips, rubber parts etc.
  2. No depreciation fee or any other charges on reduced battery performance (if any at all)
  3. Only in cases where there is visible damage/ abuse to the vehicle, there will be some deductions, which however is capped to Rs.5,000/-

All rentals mentioned include GST

1. The lock-in period is only for 12 months, after that the customer is free to exit anytime
  2. If a customer chooses to pre-close within 12 months, then the 12-month rental will be due (adjusted with the down-payment)

Illustration: Downpayment - Rs.40,000/ and exits at the end of 9 months image

The vehicles are covered for insurance for the entire period of the lease. The customer does not pay for any insurance (~Rs.15,000/ in a 3 year period). However, in case of own damage (including wilful damage/ abuse/ negligent maintenance etc.), where the damages are determined to be below Rs.5000/, the customer is liable to bear the cost.

1 Like

hey @srinivas29, for all those who pre-ordered an Ather scooter on or before 31-Oct-2018, Ather One will be free during the first year of ownership. For those who have pre-ordered on or after 1-Nov-2018, Ather Service will be free during the first year of ownership. We sent you an update email about it on 1-Nov-2018.

Ather One is a comprehensive plan and will include home charging reimbursement as well as unlimited public charging.

PS- If a pre-order customer chooses to go for the lease option, Ather One will be part of the monthly rental fee through the tenure of the lease regardless of when the customer pre-ordered (as indicated on the website).

Hey, @kumaranchal thanks a lot for the analysis which you have done…
I think I am gonna go for loan option cuz I don’t want to pay 1.5lac for a vehicle just for 3 yrs…
I would prefer using for minimum 6 yrs! which will cost me around 2+ lacs if I am right with the Ather Connect subscription.

1 Like

The more important thing is, Ather would have released a new model at least by 3 years from now since they would know some downsides or upon the feedback of the existing riders. Battery deterioration is a main thing we need to consider. Going by all these, I think lease option with 75k upfront is the best choice.

1 Like

I agree. This is what I concluded with yesterday as there is bound to be rapid technology improvements in battery technology…For eg: even a 30% improvement in charging time or increased mileage per charge in the upcoming models as opposed to being stuck with a replacement of a 3 year old deteriorated battery with older specifications.

Lot’s of query coming to mind in bits and pieces.

Please clarify whether the following are covered under lease:-

"replenishment of consumables and replacement of parts like fused lights, worn tyres, worn brake pads, drive belt, bearings, suspensions, brake cables, electric cables, switches, replacement of battery etc., ".

What about issues like broken mirrors etc?

130k+19k is only for the scooter!
+19K for what?

It should be 1,30,714 - 5000 (Booking amt).
And Also the 9K subscription is after 1 year.

I opt for the loan so that’s the interest!
yeah i calculated the price for 3-4 years

Fame 1 subsidies extended for a period of 6 months upto March 2019 as of now.

1 Like

Hi subramanian,

Thanks for the info.
I wanted to know if this lease agreement is formalized with all the Terms and conditions… If yes… Is it possible to share a draft copy, so that it will help us to know what is covered and not during lease period…

Thanks in advance…

1 Like

@Ather.Team Will the leased vehicle number plate be white board or yellow board?

It should be green board :wink:

1 Like

What would be the price of 450 after the pre-orders ends?
And would the price increase, in coming years, or are there chances of price rise, considering the improvements & addition/changes in new features?

What could be colour of letters?

5 Likes

Electric personal vehicles-Green background White font
Electric commercial vehicles-Green background Yellow font
Rule applicable since August 2018

2 Likes