Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

Reach out to customer support please. The update process should take around 5-10 mins.

Ok i will try evening

Now working fine :smile:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dot installation charges

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Help convince our apartment association

Hey guys,
Got my dot installation done today it exactly took 30mins for the whole process and in my case as the 15A plug was quite near so dint have the need to connect it to the meter.

I was happy as there were no ugly black pipes running between the meter and the charger.
The guys were experienced and exactly knew what they were doing.
But I have one complaint with ather on dot installation in my case there was no extra wiring and other stuff and felt compact hence I felt 1800rs is very much for installation. And during payment also they told me the subscription plan I was given complimentary for 1 year was ather service and not ather one. I think for previous customers u had been giving ather one and not ather service.

1 Like

Ather one was given to the very very early adopters( before 31 October 2018) of the Ather 450 only. Almost everyone has gotten the Ather service itself. This is from an older post

Ohh I dint know that sorry.

1 Like

For me, the amber light was flashing continuously.

I left the ather connected to dot all night and the problem still persisted and also it was not charging as well as the charging plug was stuck to ather.

Then called Ather by morning 10 am and they assigned a person right away,
and the service guy came in 2 hrs, replaced the entire dot unit as he had a spare.

The problem seems to be with the faulty dot charger !

I got a sense of relief seeing how fast the ather fixed the issue in 3 hours from the time i called :slight_smile:

Ather pls maintain the service quality in future like this always !!

5 Likes

We’ve uploaded the manual for Dot and portable charger here:

6 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Ather Dot Malfunction

Shall I put charger plugin throughout the night???
Auto cut-off is there in the Ather dot???
Please confirm

Yes the autocutoff is there on the scooter as well as the dot.

Auto cut of is there

Hi,

Apologies if there is already discussion on the same. Can anybody throw some Light on the advantages of Ather DOT compared with previous white shielded charger ?

Thanks
Praveen

Main advantage of DOT over POINT are,

• RED light turning on now and then is resolved. Earlier POINT was very prone for grounding issue.
  • Size is small
  • Dove grey colour

As a result of introduction of DOT

• Charging Fan noise in 450 is gone now.
  • High intensity Green light flickering of POINT is not there

there are disadvantages too, such as

• Little more charging time
  • Magnetic hook of Point is missing in DOT
7 Likes

Regarding advantages, I’ll add on to the points by @rajeshkav

• Because the size is small, there are many more options for the owner in terms of the location of installation.
  • Dove grey colour blends well with the environment, so no drawing unnecessary attention.
  • Easier to install - It can be installed by any trained electrician, as it comes with a detailed step-by-step installation guide.
  • The flickering green light of POINT was irritating in situations where the charger is close to a window. There are examples when even neighbors have complained!
9 Likes

They shouldn’t have removed that magnetic lock on the DOT. It’s so easy to put the plug back on the POD at home.

I checked out the DOT in the showroom a month back and the charging plug is held in place with just that thin edge, it feels like it’ll fall off and get damaged. The magnetic lock was such a good little addition that made the experience premium too.

The DOT was very bad cost cutting. They should’ve figured another more secure way to place the plug back on the DOT, even if it made it look a bit ugly.

9 Likes

I wish the portable charger came with a cover, like the dot, which can be installed on the wall and hosted a plug and holder for the portable charger .
This is based on my assumption that most people who purchase the portable charger are looking for a safety option in case of specific scenarios when they travel longer.

why not integrate the designs?
The circuitry and the design seems similar. If the charger could be placed inside the cover similar to the dot to protect it and plugged in via the PRCD it would be a cool solution.

I maybe completely off here, but just what came to mind.

3 Likes

You could jerry rig a holder out of aluminium brackets or MS at the local welding shop.

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Installing the Ather Dot