10.0.3 feedback and suggestions

1. I didn’t see this bug reported anywhere above but, before the update I used to notice that the Light and Dark mode would switch automatically based on whether it was day or night. I might be wrong, but this is what I remember. But after the update it’s no longer the case. It doesn’t switch automatically anymore. Dark mode is obviously very bad during the day, and light mode is bad during the night.

2. Same as everyone above, the charging time prediction on the app seems to be wrong. I have 87% charge and it’s predicting that I’ll have 80% in another half an hour.

1 Like

This feature was never there. I think switching dark and light mode based on a schedule will be a great feature to add.

Yesterday while riding in navigation mode, all of a sudden the maps and the directions disappeared. But the basic screen template remained in map mode.

Tried switching the bike on and off multiple times but it did not fix it. I had to do a complete restart to fix it.

3 Likes

The feature surprisingly is not there on 450X but, it is definitely present on 450. I do not know if it is on the 450 plus, though… I personally need that on my 450X as the maps in dark mode are not visible…

1 Like

Ok here i am again very unhappy about indicators. Today after riding some distance indicators stopped working for almost 3 mins. Ather team if you guys do not want to work on auto off it’s fine, but indicators being not responsive when it’s required the most makes me feel i could have invested in a simple scooter. UNHAPPY. Good working indicators will give you guys more points than trying to fix auto off feature through updates. Also is there anyone who can tell me if there is rest period for indicators just after auto off (which is extremely sensitive) for few seconds or minutes so that i can start using my hands to show signal.

Guess what whenever people enquire about this scooter on road i used to recommend. Now i tell them there are bugs.

5 Likes

There does seem to be a rest period after using the indiactor once, during which, THEY DON’T WORK. @ather-bubhandari, you better give me back my regular old indicators on the next update, without your joke of the auto shut off algorithm. And @tarun you can go play with those auto shut off indicators by yourself, oh or with Swapnil Jain, who keeps literally bragging about them in interviews, before playing around with your customers. I don’t want to play around with those on Bangalore roads, with my life on the line.

There should be an option for the user to allow updates on the dashboard. I don’t want anymore updates after i get back my regular indicators.

4 Likes

Auto indicator off is a feature and upgrade from regular scooters. But the feature is buggy and we are feeling downgraded.

Buggy

1. Indicators turns off before the turning - extreme important
  2. Indicator turns off within a second or it won’t turn on. - extreme important
  3. In the signal while waiting I put an indicator. In the case where going straight signal is green and right turn is red. After 10 or 15 seconds it turns off automatically I didn’t move a inch. - medium important

Issues

1. It becomes dangerous while turning.
  2. The upgraded scooter making others to scold us?
  3. Unnecessary need of using indicator sound, for me know its on or off. Dash indicator needs to be 3x to 4x big with orange colour for same purpose.
  4. Its not even downgraded, it need manual observation and adaption to use it. It is a distraction from driving.

Instead give us a manual indicator option

1. Record and have our driving pattern and manual indicator usage.
  2. Use it in simulator and fix the auto turn off indicator.
  3. Manual testing with riders.
  4. Then beta test and improve it.
  5. Enable the feature back or inform the users.

BRING MANUAL INDICATOR TILL YOU FIX AUTO OFF.

I support Ather, you guys are good company. I want to keep recommending your scooter. But please give manual indicator option till you fix it.

12 Likes

This “feature” has been an integral part of the scooter’s USP, ever since the beginning. They’ve had over 5 years to figure it out. The fact that they haven’t leads me to believe that it’s not fixable.

Further, I wonder how something so broken made it past any sort of testing.

This is what you get for replacing a cheap, simple, reliable system that can be set up using a 100 rupee relay with an IMU based system that costs thousands and has a mind of its own.

The fundamental problem here is that they have no way of telling whether a change of lean angle is deliberate, unintentional, or simply noise in the system.

@tarun, @swapniljain, if you had any sense of responsibility, you would get rid of this unnecessarily complicated and unreliable system until you had it 100% figured out, and you CERTAINLY would not be bragging about it in public. Not to mention, passing on the cost of this experiment (both literally and figuratively) to your customers. It says a lot about your characters when you appear here to toot your own horn but are completely invisible when real issues are brought to your attention.

11 Likes

The last update 10.0.3.202119 is the worst update. Rather than fixing issues it actually complicated many things and since last few days my last ride statistic is not updated . and prior to that few ride statistics I got are wrong. By saying wrong I observed that as my vehicle location got updated in maps but in ride statistics the rode started from my previous location not from current location. After that my location is not updating in maps till date.

Since last few rides every time I start my vehicle I had to reset my vehicle for my vehicle location to update and even after that my ride statistic starts from previous location only.

Today my connect subscription ends and I am not going to renew it because it is a waste of money anyways I shall receive updates so why waste money on buggy features.

1 Like

After new update, turn indicators are totally messed up. Sometimes they don’t even turn on when I press the button, however forcibly. And when they do, they turn off everytime I apply break.

Please fix this issue asap. Driving in Bengaluru traffic without proper functioning of basics like turn indicators and horn is really hazardous. I had no idea until now.

PS: If turning off of indicators while applying breaks is a design feature then it’s really impractical. Of course we apply breaks when we are turning in heavy traffic.

2 Likes

What sucks even more is that even after the beta testers reported the issue during early access their feedback is not considered and pushed to everyone anyways.

If that is the case then I don’t see what value the early access to users is adding?

OR

Is Ather so understaffed that they are using Customers for their Unit/Alpha Testing cycle?

8 Likes

This is criminally irresponsible behavior.

5 Likes

It’s discharging 5% during night. I charged my bike 100% which completed in Sunday evening around 7Pm. Next day when I see in the morning 9am it says 95% charge available. Also when we drive 500 meters it reduces by 1% and estimated range also reduced by 1km

While dashboard reset done while riding, indicators not working. Documents can’t able to upload to vehicle. Can’t feel warp speed now which was on initial rides. Display brightness is high in night riding even in dark mode very low brightness settings, every one around can see dashboard display in helmet visor itself. Expecting a non buggy update in 10.1.0(Bluetooth feature). @abhishek.balaji

10.0.3 has been the most useless update.

@tarun @swapniljain kindly don’t use your customers as Guinea pigs or crash test dummies!!

Today on my way back from work I narrowly missed getting run over by a car at a right turn. Because indicator keeps turning off. The indicator algorithms are faulty. This issue has to be solved else will take the matter at the consumer court!!

8 Likes

Somehow I feel that the indicators are behaving better after the latest update. For me the indicators always work and after the turn, it stops automatically within 30 secs. Only time it does not stop is when I stop the vehicle before and slowly take a turn without much turning angle. I don’t know if it is the riding style which makes a difference.

My take on the update after using it for more than a week:

I received my 450X with 10.0.1 or the version before this, don’t know the exact number of it. Within five days of driving, ride stats were not getting synced to the app. And, the 450’s colour in the app was not the one of my 450X.

After the update to 10.0.3, my ride stats are instantly syncing to the app. The vehicle’s colour is proper now. So, both of the issues regarding the app are solved, at least for me.

But, the indicators, as others mentioned, are not working as per expectations. They malfunction almost everytime and I need to be very alert while taking turns. The charging shows incorrect time, which, as I have seen, has been pointed by many. Also, after the update got installed, the number plate LED was ON.

I haven’t had issues like draining of battery, or, haven’t experienced any change to sport or warp mode while riding. Documents’ upload works fine, too.

With that said, I hope the issues faced by everyone gets fixed ASAP. Thanks.

1 Like

Many have already mentioned about how troublesome the indicators have been - Here’s my experience:

1. Indicator automatically and randomly turns off when I’m about to a make a turn but even before I make it, when I apply break trying to glide through the slow moving traffic and also when I accelerate before making a turn.
  2. Once the indicator turns off automatically, no matter how many times I try to switch it, it won’t turn on for more than 5-10 seconds - that’s enough for the traffic behind you to run over you. Or you’re compelled to use your hands as indicators instead :neutral_face:

Suggestion:

1. Keep auto turn-off indicator for only a long turn (at least an 80 degree turn), for the shorter turns, I don’t mind turning it off myself.
  2. like I can control the level of brightness, I should be able to control the level of sound of the indicators. the current configured level is not audible in a traffic.
  3. Provide an option to completely turn off the “Auto turn-off” mechanism for the indicator.

Other issues:

1. While using navigation, routes randomly disappear - I have to cancel navigation and restart navigation again.
  2. Randomly reboots (not a problem as it comes back in 2-3 seconds)
  3. Estimated time for 80% of charge shows more than 100% charge - should be reliable if not accurate.
6 Likes

This will also happen if you jink a little, or go over a hump. My guess is that the sudden change of angle is what triggers the indicator to turn off. While this change of angle might be a result of a turn being completed, it could also be because of several other things which are difficult, if not impossible to filter out correctly, and hence all the early cutoffs. Conversely, if you lean into a turn gently and straighten out gently, it won’t trigger the cutoff, and the indicator will continur to work until you cause a jerk.

My guess here is that the display unit lacks the compute power required to run these things. These were confirmed to be entry level Snapdragon based units. They are probably struggling to run all of this stuff. When the CPU heats up as a result of heavy load, ambient heat and inadequate forced cooling / ventilation, it starts throttling and starts chugging, freezing or rebooting entirely. If this is indeed the case, everyone is stuck with this and the only solution here is to use a better system that is rated for this sort of operation. I don’t see that happening on the current platform.

6 Likes

The battery drain has gotten worse like others complained… Indicators are such a pain now, feel sometimes it’s better to use hand signals!!! Acceleration in Sports mode is non existent… The excitement of riding the bike just goes away with such crappy updates. There’s not one word of explanation from the Ather team @tarun @abhishek.balaji . More focus only on expansion than keeping existing customers happy … what a sad state! Wonder what sort of QC does their product/tech team do before rolling out updates… that is if it exists at all!

2 Likes

for me, the indicators don’t turn ON either. I need to constantly keep pressing the button as if I am blinking the indicator manually.

@abhishek.balaji @tarun @swapniljain just provide us an option in the dash just like the indicator sound, to enable or disable the auto cutoff. Nope I don’t need it, I’ll go the traditional way of turning the indicators on and off.

THIS… I thought I was the only one until this reply… My ride mode has better pickup than my sports mode. Is it because I ride constantly in sport mode? how does that even matter? switching from sport to ride gives me a clear feeling that it has a much better pickup with less throttle. Nope, I don’t need to throttle more for ride but for sports, my wrists hurt!

This happened with me last night. I cannot stop my vehicle on a highway trying to figure out if I should take a left or right when I see my dash move from maps to speedometer, that too in heavy traffic. This ain’t a joke guys. If the features are portrayed as brilliant features, please keep up the standards. Earlier updates weren’t so glitchy. I purposefully didn’t go for the beta version of this because I knew it’ll have bugs and I don’t want to ruin my daily commutes. But with the official rollout, that too seems messed up.

3 Likes