10.0.3 feedback and suggestions

I meant a stable OTA Update. Even i registered for BETA but right now they should focus on making the app / vehicle stable and more optimized rather than pushing updates which breaks the basic functionality.

Yes @lokeshbrlokesh. I am in Hyderabad as well. The indicator some times works brilliant like Car indicator auto cut off after the turn but some times, it disconnects before even we take the turn. Before recent OTA update, the indicator volume was loud and now the volume is missing, so we don’t know whether the indicator turned off before the turn or after the turn.

I think the volume is low. If volume is not coming while using indicator please shutdown and reboot the dashboard.

The 10.0.3 update is not convenient for most of us as it has reduced the indicator sounds along with other startup and park assist sound

Why not give a adjustable sound system so that user can increase or reduce sound as per there convenient

I haven’t noticed any bug fixes yet but seriously reducing the sounds seems to be an bad idea please provide an adjustable volume system

1 Like

Yeah it’s good idea @aadilabdullah92. Since all these are software controlled, they can introduce new options. Since this is an EV, without any engine sound, the Cosmo sounds atleast give awareness to others on the road

Dear Ather Team, On Sunday 7th March 2021 I got the OTA Update 10.0.3 version. I have updated my Ather 450x. Post update I have got new experience which I would like to share to Ather team as well as other proud owners of Ather 450X

Plus+

• Head Light becomes much brighter.
  • Speed & pick up increased in Eco mode (Earlier in full throttle, it goes upto 45kmph, now even in little increase in throttle, it reaches the speed of 45-50kmph)
  • Volume of Indicator and start sound has considerably reduced.
  • Current Ride Status is being shown while driving also.
  • Still I didn’t checked the map

Minus -

• Battery is draining fast.
  • Mileage is reduced (Just 33 kms driven, the battery percentage had come down from 95% to 41% and estimated range from 77kms to 32 kms)

Mileage is the major advantage of EV’s, but because of small software update the mileage should not compromised. This is a feedback to Ather to work on these issues.

Regards,

Umesh.S

4 Likes

I could relate to these two points. I will check further.

Rode my scooter today with the new update. Its bad. The auto-cut off indicators have turned worse. The mileage has dropped for sure.

I might have finally figured out why I don’t like the indicator sound. It sounds like a freaking time bomb while waiting at signals :joy: while everyone keeps staring at you.

My two cents, even though being late to the conversation, PLEASE add sound +/- option either for indicators, or reverse mode and get back the same mileage figures!

5 Likes

For me indicator sound is perfect as i am an introvert :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But i think there should be an user adjustable sound as suggested by many if Atherians.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed a very bad thing. I got many plants in my house as a result got many bugs and flies.

Kept my series 1 on charge and its been more than 30 minutes and still the dashboard screen is on indicating charge percent !! Due to this screen light all the bugs are on my dashboard !! Please fix this as soon as possible :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Just observed a new bug/change in the app while charging!

2 Likes

After the recent update following error is coming in the app … 1.there seems a mismatch of !CHARGING percentage and CHARGING time (screenshot attached) 2. Also there a sudden reduction volume after the update they’re indicator , vehicle start sound and motor on sound… It seems scooter was working well before the update without any error… after update these many errors noted 20210311_122435|225x500

The hardware is shown to be WiFi capable. Just use it to connect to a home router (where available) and broatcast real time information on the LAN where it can be picked up by the phone. Use the cellular network as a fallback option in case there is no WiFi.

Hell, have the scooter create its own hot spot to which the owner can connect.

That way, people who are in proximity to the vehicle can get instant information instead of having to rely on a cloud service that has demonstrated itself to be reliably unreliable.

Yet another example of Ather overthinking something while missing the plainly obvious.

So far, all that 10.0.3 seems to have done is made the chimes quieter. I don’t see any hint of the so called dashboard improvements that were promised. Maps still lag, system reboots mid ride and the auto canceling indicators are finicky as ever. My compliments to the developer(s).

7 Likes

I think I got all you guys beat. My 450x must have gotten another firmware update on Sat morning 3AM (not sure if this is an upgrade from 10.0.3 to a higher version, or a minor upgrade within 10.0.3 itself). When I tried to take it out on Sat evening, it simply did not go on. After a bunch of subtly different behaviours of dashboard flashing, head and taillight flashing, and charger slot locking and unlocking, it finally went completely dead.

It’s now gone for service. I’ll describe everything for others’ reference once I get it back.

Dashboard re-started once while driving

2 Likes

Hey i am not sure how but my indicator is giving me sudden small electric shocks !

While using the indicator, Indicators turn on for a fraction and doesn’t work there after. Problem observed since last few days for both L & R indicators.

6 Likes

Hold both brakes and keep the ignition button pressed for 10secs or until the dashboard reboots. That should solve your problem.

My update was on March 5th and these are my observations

During the update i didn’t face any issues and update was smooth . I had to restart the scooter for the number plate lights to go off.

1. I had issues with my right indicator being not very responsive and it switchedoff even before i took turn before this update. Issue remains. At times it is extremely annoying as i get to hear from fellow riders behind me. Not happy with this at all. DANGEROUS.

2. I am quite happy with the change in volume for indicators and reverse mode. So thumbs up.

3. Scooter starts up faster than before and unlike before i don’t have issues with dashboard reboot in the middle of ride . So again happy with this part after the update. Touch response is good after update.

Question : while we start the scooter, even before the dashboard loads if we switch off the key, will it affect the dashboard startup? Is this the reason many riders have issues with dashboard?

1. Although update was for minor bug fixes, i clearly notice change in eco mode. Acceleration is better than before in eco . But hating the way warp mode is now. I got my scooter on feb 14th and warp mode was best then. Is there anyone else noticing changes in acceleration in different modes? Any official communication on this from Ather?

2. Previously i had some motor/belt/fan sounds in eco mode. It is considerably reduced after the update. Not very sure if it is do with update or as i am nearing 500 kms on odo

3. As mentioned by fellow riders here, mobile app got some bugs after scooter update. May be sync issues. calculating estimated time for charging is wrong especially for 80% charge and that needs to be corrected.

4. I would like to know is there any change in calculating the ride statistics in this update. If i stop the vehicle for even five minutes with motor kill switch off, previous and next ride will be considered as one trip. How does this work? Just curious

Ather team, please do consider for big fixes asap especially for indicators and acceleration if any changes have been implemented.

Regards Nagarjun V

The indicators stopped working middle of ride. Worked abrupt couple of times, didn’t work at all. And then later worked fine by itself. Auto cut off seemed too aggressive, cutting out at slightest change of angle.

2 Likes