10.0.3 feedback and suggestions

Isnt this strange already i have 42km range it says 38km for next 30 mins not sure if this is because of recent update i have not seen this earlier !!!

My range on dashboard is 55Kms and the forecast shows much lesser 44kms. It’s a bug in the update. Check the attached screenshot.

1 Like

Same issue here also.

After fully charging the ather 450x it automatically gets discharged, nearly 4%

4 Likes

@abhishek.balaji the maps issue is getting frequent now we cant restart the vehicle every now and then please fix in upcoming OTA as soon as possible coz it is now testing my patience have nearly restarted 4 times in a single 70km ride

4 Likes

The latest update was downloaded and installed without any issue. However, before the update the turn indicators volume which was loud enough for others on the road and after the OTA update now it’s not audible for anyone including the rider (me). Very strange.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji How can the vehicle charge 80% after half hour when it has charged above 95%

Problem with Charging time… 80% shows 5.05pm… but 100% shows 2.54pm (same day or next day??)

1 Like

Not getting full charge notifications anymore on the app. Sync issue fixed though.

1 Like

Looks like update completed over night. Indicator sound working only after the restart.

Issues :

1. Update happened overnight and rear number plate light was on. This was reported during beta testing, not sure if it was intentional or a bug?
  2. Indicator sound is reduced, but a bit too low for Bangalore traffic. Come on Ather, you should have tested this better
  3. Sports mode : no change in acceleration, pick up. I feel it has gone worse. Only Ride and Warp mode are smoother to drive now. Sports mode is worse than Ride / Eco
  4. All settings gone to default, so had to update them manually to previous

Things gone better

1. Indicator auto off logic is better, but there is scope for improvement
  2. Initial loading screen is a lot smoother
  3. No issues so far in syncing ride statistics to app

Yet to test

1. Dashboard & lights on during power off (happened once to me)
  2. Maps crash during ride
1 Like

@abhishek.balaji there is no progress in recent ride updating in the app. The data has not synched for last 2 days

Any idea how this is possible? Battery@87% still prediction shows 80% at 10pm

This was not happening in earlier version.

Ather really needs to check their ota thoroughly before publishing

This is a software issue which all the users are facing and there is no immediate resolution for this we have to live with it until next OTA or so. ( which is unfortunate and I got used to these by now. In-fact I will be surprised if some OTA actually comes without new issues. Hope I can see that day some time in far near future).

This as per my experience / assumption might be a mistake happened in data mapping (if I am not wrong as I faced this kind of time stamp issue in few cases while doing data validation work in my organisation) in the program. This can be a mistake occurred due to copy paste of code at wrong place from previous version of program and over looked.

Here is mine for reference 44km at 11:39 but 80% by 11:32 and in reality my vehicle is already 84% charged at 11:10 the charged percentage matching with dashboard at least so I can keep a tab based on my charging experience with vehicle.

Small update: Even though my comment on time stamp mapping still stands still, one more observation I made is that they kept the range and percentage charge representation constant while time calculations are being done dynamically (my usage of english might be little bad but hope the context is understood) second picture for reference of this.

Great! So paying for a Connect subscription entitles one to inaccurate information, and all that a customer can do is grin and bear it. How wonderful!

5 Likes

Is there any auto turn indicator off mechanism ? If yes ! Thats not working properly. Turn indicators are getting off even before i take a turn which cause a huge problem during peak traffic timings in hyderabad :disappointed: !

Suggestion : since this is a smart scooter cant we turn on both the indicator flashing at the same time ? It would better if mapped with combination of indicator button and mode change button ! This would help during fog situations ! And during parking on road side.

3 Likes

Many issues are not rectified yet.

1. Indicators turn-off before making turn (still present)
  2. Lot of noise from motor (in slow speeds)
  3. Feel a kind of vibration now in handle/dashboard (looks like a fan running continuously). This was not present earlier.
  4. Maps response time is too bad, also they keep flickering (very annoying thing while riding, image attached). Some portion of the map changes to white and then comes back to normal often)

1. Bluetooth … not sure how long we need to wait
  2. Recent ride updates are not showing up … sync issues still present
6 Likes

@abhishek.balaji when is the Next OTA Scheduled. Kindly let us know.

They were collecting beta or early access opt-in for bluetooth feature last week. They told early access starts from this week. We can expect bluetooth feature within a month I believe.