10.0.3 feedback and suggestions

Scooter is not synching post update

There could be a volume control too choose desire sound for reverse and turn signal, 10.0.3 got very less volume output, many times rider not able to predict if the turn signal is on or off since there is auto turn signal off feature enabled by default turn signal gets off often, couldn’t zoom in/out or rotate the map after selecting the location.

Point one - Request for volume control for turn signal. Point two - Request for automatic turn signal off button, Point three - Request to improve map zoom in out & rotate after selecting go.

Thanks Ather team

4 Likes

Number plate light is on even after update or switching off the vehicle. Initial bug after installing the update

1 Like

Shutdown and restarted the 450x, fixed the bug for me.

1 Like

Yeah did that. Seems to fix the issue. But not too sure if any other bugs shows up. Will keep the thread updated.

1 Like

Recent places not showing up in google maps and my trip a and b got reset followed troubleahooting tips like shutdown and restart but still its not showing actual kms only correct metric is my odo.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X: Product/Technical discussions

What was this update supposed to fix again , dashboard restarting while using gps during a ride still happens The only thing I noticed was the sound volume has been reduced. LOL

2 Likes

Edit***

Since start I did not have any considerable bugs, and after the beta update still don’t have much. Still some issues faced are-

1. Current ride sometimes does not update, it was before as well as after the update.

Check out below pic clicked during yesterday’s ride

1. Indicator volume still not audible, volume bar should be given. Auto indicator shut off still glitchy, so function ON/OFF is must.

2. Maps not visible in dark mode, different color combo is needed. Map loading is too slow even when range shows full bar. Though recent places and favourite places are showing now.

3. Screen restart during ride is not so frequent in my case, after update had not encountered this issue so far.

4. Start up screen animation is still not fluid.

5. Charging complete notification seems to be not working. Since update I’m not getting “Charging completed” notification.

New bugs 7. Sometimes map is crashing, maps does not load fast

1. My indicators seems off. Most of the times does not even start, if start only for 1 beep and then off again, if luckily starts again same issue, prematurely cuts off. ***Major bug, I think need to check for hardware too.
6 Likes

Maps went blank while riding once. Had to stop, reload the maps.

Got the update auto installed last night. Speaker sounds are low (I like that). No issues so far.

@abhishek.balaji even after latest update can not upload documents on bikes dashboard… Please fox the issue

1 Like

Today there was an update due to which head light & taillamp were on whole night and my apartment security called me in the morning. When I touched the screen it says “Installing updates switch on the key to proceed” and as soon as I turned the key on, within a second the installation was completed.

Why can’t this process wait for the customer to switch on whenever they come to drive or send a push notification to the mobile app?

Even better, download and keep it. Prompt the user whenever they start to choose when they want to apply the update at their convenient time.

February 26th there was an update due to which my vehicle stopped charging at house. Even at the Indiranagar fast charging point it took 1 hour to increase charge by just 4%. Again after a full restart it started charging at normal speed. When I came home it was still not charging from home dot charger. Later they agreed to send someone home to check the charger. The dot charger was flashing a amber light and needed some software update which was then updated from the support guys Ather.

Around a month back, update resulted in the display and number plate lights on throughout the night.

Maps went blank while riding once had to stop, reload the maps. Also dashboard started once while riding. Please look into. Thanks

I was riding with map on. In between the view switched to speedometer mode. I had to stop and switch back to map mode. Please fix this issue. It used to happen before the latest OTA as well.

Thank you for this info @abhishek.balaji! I’m not sure what all gets fixed in this update.My Ather’s display often goes blank when the scooter is switched on. Facing this quite frequently. When this happens I have to do dashboard reset.

2 Likes
  • No Sound in Indicators and Indicators turn off before even making turn and got earful from riders behind. - THIS SHOULD BE FIXED ON HIGH PRIORITY

• Current Ride shows 0 Almost every alternate ride even though we travel more than a Kilometer

• Start up Screen shows lot of White lines while loading sometimes

• User should be able to hold on to Updating for until couple of days before forcefully installing so that if there are more serious bugs which may render vehicle Useless.

• Even though the claim by ATHER that USER CAN CHOSE TO POSTPONE works only when UPDATE IS PUSHED DURING DAY. Most of the time Updates are pushed late EVENING and USER IS DENIED of DELAYING THE INSTALLATION as it will GET AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLED in the MIDNIGHT (3AM). - THE AUTO INSTALLATION LOGIC SHOULD BE UPDATED from mere 3AM to atleast After 24-72Hrs! and ALSO A PUSH NOTIFICATION IN THE Mobile APP intimating the availability of update!
2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @tarun

The dashboard and back light was on from 4am in the morning. I received an update for installation I turned on the bike. It said installing and went on till 7:50 pm. Couldn’t take the bike out the entire day.

At the end the Software wasn’t update.

This is my observation after 10.0.3 update.

1. When you turn on the key I am hearing a motor sound and vibration on the dashboard. This was not their before.
  2. When you switch on the and start the charging I see the same sound and vibration near the dashboard it stays even when you switch off during charging.
  3. Charging completed notification is missing for the first time after this update.

I had to again switch on and off and then start the charging. I have rebooted the dashboard. Will update if am facing the same.

1 Like

The Ride stats are not getting updated at all . I have tried it multiple times still the same issue. Also the map is very slow to respond. I eventually end up missing the turn all the time while relying on onbord navigation. Kindly fix this asap. ( I have full network coverage 100% )