Why ather over mark2,glyde+,ola

I got mine in April 2021. Small cracks near mirror screws yes. Overall build is good. Once Ola deliveries begin then we’ll understand. Premium vs to plastic.

2 Likes

There is no doubt that quality wise Ather 450X is still the best with aircraft grade aluminium chassis, high quality build of the body components and a range that is sufficient for city limits and a design that is just superb.

Two major points that Ather needs to reconsider : PRICING AND SOFTWARE - both of which are really bad here :frowning:

SOFTWARE - even the cheapest android phones in the market like redmi has a smooth and a lag free experience and Ather tried to build a smart bike with software which has hit back so hard that it will be a nightmare to the company in coming days with that underperforming processor and ram of the touchscreen device.

PRICING - Ather tried to make money faster by having more margin in the sales which made the pricing of the bike very aggressive even though it would fit in 1lakh price range which has put them into a tight spot in the competition where then cannot lower the price or release a new model !

You have done a great job Ather by setting up a platform to the EV industry in the market and hopefully live longer in the competition.

7 Likes

BTW i have two Ather bikes - 450 (2019) and 450X (in a different city) have no regrets buying these and ride them with a smile everyday !

2 Likes

Ather should upgrade software and battery with higher capacity to sustain in the market (Ola and simple one)

7 Likes

Good range in 60 to 70 speeds atleast 100+ km… and dash board updates, unlock wifi connection for smart features … not bothering about its prices bothering about its range…

4 Likes

My experience is bit diff than others here. For first month or upto 2000 kms I had very ultra smooth kind of experience on (Suspension part). Those days it Ather suspension was way better compared to other ICE scooters. Not sure what went wrong but eventually the ride has become worst month by month and my old Activa’s suspension so better now. I raised the issue with Hyderabad SC, they kept the vehicle for few days for investigation and concluding that they can’t rectify the problem. I escalated the issue to customer care, but it didn’t resolved because they case has been transfered to same technician and ASM who handled the issue, they simply confirmed they can’t rectify the problem. I have an interesting question if my Ather has been delivered with a warranty, if SC can’t rectify the outstanding issue, what they should supposed to do?

I am tiered up escalating the matter, simply leaving the issue and will see one day if it becomes more worst, will park the scooter at home and use my old activa instead…

My conclusion is EV can’t replace ICE, the build quality or anything provided by ICE can’t be offered by EV

2 Likes

RAM is only 1 GB in Ather with a crap tablet. It cannot do whatever you saw from OLA and Simple one. I mean they were not even listening to customer complaints of how bad the dashboard experience one few months back. Laggy interface, maps not working, restarts. And the worst part is they were charging for it saying that it was some crap upgrade. I guess we are the ones who is laughing now because given how they respond to these, they would be closing their business soon if they don’t adapt and start listening it its customers

2 Likes

Now Ather difficult to sustain in the market if they will not improve smart features and range in upcoming models as well as present model…Tarun having good business strategy but market needs range,features and high speed scooters now…even Ather should increase service networks as soon as possible…

3 Likes

That’s very unfortunate to hear. My neighbour has done 13k on his Ather and there’s nothing wrong with his bike either. I guess your best bet is to ask them to either fix the suspension or replace the vehicle entirely. I am not well versed with how our legal system works with vehicles under warranty but I am sure there must be something you can do to sue them if nothing works. 1.5L is not a small amount by any means and if threatening them is the only way to get your work done then so be it.

1 Like

I purchased it in March 2021 , so for me prices was even higher. I had specifically told the engineer in ather space service centre and they kept my bike for 3 days and were unable to solve the issue. They clearly told me its not possible for them to solve all these issues as these were issues pertaining in software of the scooter. I mean as a customer how disappointing this is. Software is a very grey area when it comes to laws , rules and regulations and honestly i don’t have that much of spare time to get into all of these. Just going to sell and move to other manufacturers

3 Likes

Ather 450x is priciest but it offers only 85km range and 90kmph top speed, compared to Ola! Ola seems to have a pocket rocket with 8.5 kW motor compared to 6kW motor of ather.

Same here, except its the 450 in my 2nd home. No regrets!

2 Likes

I also purchased it in March. Which location you belongs to? I am in Hyderabad.

Software issues can’t be fixed by local SC as those issues needs to be handled at their Product R&D in Bangalore. However, the SC should be more responsible for hardware issues since they can do it from their side. I am not sure what the problem :man_shrugging: for them to replace under warranty if something can’t be repaired.

5 Likes

Well said @kpprasad.mech1 Market also needs a responsible team. My decision to buy Ather over 10’s of normal brands is they have a dedicated service team but for my bad I witnessed the non responsible behavior with in 6 months itself. If they don’t listen customer needs and act responsible, soon or later the Brand gets remarked as ‘White Elephant’. Hope Ather is reading the comments and will take care of efficient steps to fix domestic issues.

BusinessLine: Will Ola cause the next big disruption in the electric 2-wheeler market?.

It’s just been over a month I had picked up my ather 450x Series 1. Done in around 600kms odd, the front suspension is not sufficient to handle rough roads compared to my Aprilia sr150 which got much better suspension setup plus 14 inch rubber.

For the 450x motor acceleration and kerb weight, it’s need heavier suspension, currently I feel the ride quality is going down day by day and the front suspension has softened up a bit.

Hope ather fixes this issue, even if the handling is good, weak suspension spoils the fun even on tarmac.

For the level of torque the motor provides, the rear suspension will give up soon under warp mode.

6 Likes

I got similar experience. The ride quality has become none to waste…SC useless, they kept my vehicle for 3 days and did nothing rather than a gets ride of 150 kms and finally confirmed that they won’t fix the issue or replace the damaged part even you have a full warranty…I got fed up and habituated with whatever scooter gives me daily. 1.7 lakhs is simply wasted. I am waiting for a good turn to burn this on the road.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji is like We are new startup give us some time and we are hit by lockdown.

2 Likes

I don’t mind at all paying for subscription but honestly none of the features work without bugs and glitches. The amount of money they took , they should have provided this free for atleast 3 years but again who am i to say. Great people who flag my posts are sitting with their amazing explanations

10 Likes

After seeing Ola test drive reports and review it’s like we had spend ₹30000 more for Ather for getting low range and low power.

Pls do some justification for your customers ather…pls don’t keep mum…

My friends are kidding and teasing me for my Ather purchase

Now I regretting for my Ather purchase…

4 Likes