What will happen to Ather 450?

Hey, too many DMs with individual queries, can’t get through to all of them. I’ll get this checked internally and share a response.

If a 450 is moved out from Bangalore / Chennai to cities where our retail partner is present, the service support will be provided by the dealer.

However spare parts specific to 450 will be sourced by the dealer on a need basis, and this logistics could take a little longer. This would mean that in some cases, your 450 might be in service for a longer time than usual.

If you decide to take up one of the servicing packs (Lite/Pro) in these cities, service support expected under the subscription will also be provided in the new city, provided the location is within the Serviceable area of the retail partner.

If a vehicle (450 or 450X) is moved to a city where Ather or our Dealer Partner is not present, you’ll have to bring the vehicle to the nearest Ather / Dealer service centre for any service support.

5 Likes

“What will happen to Ather 450?”; The topic of the thread or a Question?

My view… it will continue to be the KING.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @abhishek.balaji.

This information in the form of a internal guideline may please be passed on to the service providers i.e.the retail partners.

Yesterday I got a phone call from Mr.Jiitender, manager of Kamal Motors - your Mumbai retail partner saying that hardware related issues may be attended but service may be delayed as quoted by you now. But he reiterated the fact that when it comes to software issues of 450 they would not be in a position to help out as the platform for 450 and 450x differs and that their service centre would therefore be able to cater to 450X only. I specifically asked if upgradation from 3G sim to 4G would be possible or not for the 450 and he gave a negative response.

So I contemplated that the ownership experience would not be glitch free and instantly called off the deal with Autovert to buy their pre-owned 450 from Chennai.

Now after your clarification I repent canceling of the deal.

4 Likes

Hi, I would appreciate if you bring Ather 450 again for below Rs.1Lakh in Coimbatore. Hope you can bring this model cheaper as you get Government subsidy too.

4 Likes

I think what would be amazing is a scooter on the same platform. No touch screen. Just a digital display. With a 2.3 to 2.5kWh battery pack and only Eco and ride mode. With Bluetooth. No OTA no internet. And some more cost cutting and at around 1Lakhs. This could be the 450 lite / 450r / 450e

So the line up would be perfect

450 Lite - Eco and ride mode

450 Plus Eco Ride and Sport

450X - All modes + Warp mode and 2.9kWh battery

Tarun did say we can expect another product on the same 450 platform in a year or so. Would make a lot of sense.

Update … A like from the CEO. I wonder if this means that we can be expecting a cheaper 450 product soon.

12 Likes

I hope they atleast solve the touch lagging in the 450s software in the upcoming software update

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Ather 450 charge complete notifications

@abhishek.balaji It would be good if 450 also recieves some update. It has been quite sometime 450 recieved its last update. Could you please update any updates which are on queue for 450?

6 Likes

Indeed @abhishek.balaji it’s been quite a while since 450 owners got any OTA Update. If you can please share the pipeline for the upcoming OTA’s for 450 please.

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Can you please put down some updates? It has been quite sometime without reply.

4 Likes

What will happen to the 450s? It’s been a long time that Ather has stopped the 450s and went to the 450x/+ model, Today it strikes me. Since Ather no longer manufactures the battery pack for these 450s what will happen if someone needs the battery pack for 450s which is based on 18650 cells,

• will they fix the 21700 cell pack?
  • If so are they compactable with each other?
  • if not will Ather provide a 18650 cell battery pack? since they no longer manufacture it I highly doubt this.
  • If they fix 21700 cell packs will the 450s run into a compatibility issue
  • if nothing is possible then will the 450s become E-waste?
  • If you guys have kept spare packs for 450s then keeping it this long doesn’t the cell degrade?
5 Likes

Whenever someone asks about the replacement battery cost, it kept changing and stopped getting any answer after a while. I believe Ather may not be sure on what to do frankly. They may take decision case by case basis for now.

Probably, when they start seeing handful requests for battery replacement, thats when we may get to see their strategy.

3 Likes

Yes, that is true. Right now they will not even respond. But after 2 more years when the range drops way too much around 10%, people will think of replacing the battery. at that time we can see what they will do. IMO the battery pack of 450+ and 450 is almost a similar exception to the cells. If they used the same connector and BMS maybe 450 will see a 450+ battery pack installed :crossed_fingers:.

3 Likes

I think it’s time we got the Predicted Range Remaining back again on the dashboard and app. I can’t keep calculating how much range I have each time.

@abhishek.balaji @tarun

Shouldn’t be too hard to send an OTA for the 450s no?

2 Likes

Interesting question here, what does Ather plan to do with the old battery packs? They’re not at that stage where they’re handling a lot of them right now, but it will come eventually. Very interesting to know what they have in mind. Recycle and reuse / repurpose is definitely one way to go. They could just give to another company to do it but they could also make their own brand of batteries exclusively made with old batteries to be used for things like storing solar energy (I think Ather should get on the solar energy bandwagon).

There’s a startup called Nunam, based in bangalore founded by a friend of mine that’s doing really well repurposing all types of Lithium batteries, (laptop, EV, etc). They’ve done good work with the audi e-tron batteries.

4 Likes

Ather’s official TPMS accessory cannot be installed on a first gen 450?

No it cannot since it’s does not Bluetooth connectivity. Same for the 450 Plus too

2 Likes

I know Bluetooth hardware is not present in 450, but it can be routed through Ather app… right?

Nope. I don’t think so. The sensors communicate with the dashboard via Bluetooth. And then the dashboard relays information via tha app using connectivity.

1 Like