Welcome to Ather community in Goa

Finally Ather arrived in Goa… Soon it will be one month since the Ather Showroom was inaugurated on 17th Sept. 2021.

Thank you Ather for the Series-1.

I have been riding on an average 66 kms to 70 kms daily and I am truely enjoying the ride not to mention the attention especially at the traffic signal.

20 Likes

It is a true pleasure riding in Goa. The suspensions with the rider +1 is so amazing that it feels like applying butter on bread.

I sometimes take the bike for a spin solely for please. Enjoying it so far and the ather customer service has been of great help to me.

15 Likes

Glad to see you guys enjoying your Ather scooters. I personally have always been excited about the idea of riding an Ather in Goa. Hopefully when i’m there, I can hitch a ride with one of you’ll :wink:

8 Likes

All Goan riders!

I am setting up this thread to have a common discussion on Ather rides, accessories, upgrades, sharing photos/videos, and for all related stuff.

Let’s start tagging all Goa Ather riders :grinning:

8 Likes

Here are some photos which I took yesterday :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good morning kedar

Awesome nice to see Goa riders forum :smiley:

I also have some nice pics but I don’t know how to attach them in the threads, please let me know the details of attaching pics

7 Likes

You could do it via the upload( bar and arrow button) or simply the image gallery button on the website.

4 Likes

Hi,

Its been quite a journey of a long waiting till the time arrived to take delivery of thr Ather 450x.

Thank you Ather Energy for the SERIES 1. Few mentions to make thank you @orvillecota for introducing me to Ather.

Mr. Uddesh, Eshan Bhamaikar for all the support at Ather Goa

@sanith.vernekar online assistance at Ather , to name a few.

Just thought of sharing a video i made on how to store a helmet and portable charger under seat storage in the Ather 450x

Thank you

16 Likes

My first day experience was a learning curve. I used only ECO mode , since i was not sure of the range and did not want to go through the anxiety on my way back .

@orvillecota suggested i could try the RIDE mode , so since then i have been using the RIDE mode, with an occasional SPORTS mode .

The thrill of leaving everyone behind is worth it when you twist your wrist to experience the WARP mode especially after you take off after the traffic signal turns green from red.

HOPE Ather gets a even distribution of Ather GRID across GOA… the goan scenery can best be enjoyed riding an Ather , provided there are enough charging points across…

13 Likes

Range is not a concern for me as I plan to use it only within Margao and surrounding areas. So it’s going to be WARP mode all the time.

3 Likes

Thank you Ather for adding charging point in Panjim…please add some in south Goa

@tarun @abhishek.balaji @orvillecota

7 Likes

Where in Panjim is it?

Edit: Just saw its showing as Miramar residency.

Now what’s the logic of have 4 chargers so close to each other (Porvorim, Miramar and Taleigao) and nothing in South Goa.

7 Likes

I really dont know how many own Ather450x in South… The Channel Partners need to suggest a spreadout and balanced grid. The Coastal belt is a tourist zone and also frequented by locals… Having one at Colva, cortalim would help many. Many working at verna industrial estate would. Consider moving to EV if Ather plans well

6 Likes

Meetup in goa ?

5 Likes

Ather owners in Goa, how’s your service center experience been? Curious to know what the general experience has been like, and if there are any alternatives.

3 Likes

So finally I’m an Ather Owner. Picked up a 2nd hand Series 1. Bike is is good condition. Couple of minor scratches but not noticeable.
Following jobs need to be done:

• Get the original invoice from the dealer.
  • Get the service history.
  • Get the bike washed and polished.
  • Change the number plates as rear one is damaged.
  • Get a duplicate key. Previous owner misplaced when shifting.
  • Get an owners manual. Previous owner can’t find it.
  • Get the NOC. Broker has started the process.
  • Get the bike transferred to GA reg.
  • Get the App and subscriptions transferred to my name.
  • Renew the comprehensive insurance.
  • Get a tempered glass.
  • Get the new floor mat.
  • Fix the DOT charger in my parking.
2 Likes

I just visited the Margao Service centre to do my 30K Service (ODO Reading 29500). Reached around 9:15 AM and they were just opening. My bike was taken in immediately. Service cost was Rs.530 approx. Additionally I got the lock bezel changed for around Rs.200 and installed the new mirrors for Rs.1600/-. The invoice does not show the split up but the total was Rs.2148.28/-. Mirrors were exorbitantly priced but there are no aftermarket options available. Being a safety item and the old mirrors being useless, I decided to go ahead and change them. Well worth it in the end. Also wanted to change both the handlebar grips. LH was Rs.206/- but the RH was Rs.1802/-. The rubber on the original ones was already becoming sticky. The RH unit was the entire assembly with the throttle sensor. No option to change only the grip. Need to find some solution to this. Overall service experience was good. Staff were polite and co-operative. However they could do with a bit more training on queries like subscriptions etc. I asked about the extended warranty and if my bike was eligible for the Re.1/- offer. I was told that this info is only available in the app. I was also told that my warranty had expired. Bike was bought in June 2021. They were counting 3 years as 21, 22 & 23. I had to explain that June 21 to June 22 is 1 year. June 22 to June 23 is the 2nd year and June 23 to June 24 is the 3rd year. They were not convinced with my explanation.

Prices of some of the parts I asked:

• LH Grip: Rs.206/-.
  • RH Grip: Rs. 1802/-.
  • Front Handle Cover (or Fairing not sure what its called): Rs 2139/- (Mine has cracks due to the mirrors so will need to change it eventually).
  • Mirrors (New Gen): Rs. 1600/- (Already changed).
  • New Seat: Rs.3663/-.
  • Lock Bezel: Rs.200/- (Approx).
  • Boot LED light: Rs.1000/- (Out of stock so placed an order).
  • Floor Mat: Prices not yet available.
  • Primary Belt: Rs.3300/-.
  • Secondary Belt: Rs.3450/-.
  • Front Bag Hook: Rs.250/- (Out of stock so placed an order. Spring has lost its elasticity but can’t order only the spring).
7 Likes

Maybe they need to go back to school and learn how to count years😀

Shoot an email to customercare At times Ather is unaware what is going on at dealer level

3 Likes

Installed TVS Jupiter grips for Rs.176/-. Saving of approximately Rs.1800/- over original Ather ones.

The grips of the Apache, NTorq, Pulsar NS & Dominar will fit but the outer ends are open because of the bar end weights. The grips of cheaper bikes / scooters are quite hard. Jupiter ones are slightly longer but after fitting they stretch in diameter and length reduces. Finally the fit is perfect.

The original Ather ones on my bike had become sticky.

9 Likes

Finally I’m officially an Ather owner though I purchased it over a month ago. The transfer is done and I have a new registration number. The App transfer is still pending though.

3 Likes