Updates and new features

I was also got the same update notification but checked in dash no updates

1 Like

just landed and checked

no luck

now even app shows my vehicle is uptodate

confused now if software have already updated!

do someone have higher version?

I think I have the same version installed. I did see a “1” by the OTA update option on the app but only for a brief moment before it disappeared again. We probably need to wait a little longer. And I was hoping there will be a newsletter out before any OTA update is released talking about the changes it brings to our scooters.

Also if @Shreyas or someone else from @Ather.Team could comment on what are the prerequisites for getting an update installed? Like on iOS we have to have minimum charge of 50% on the phone for any iOS update to be installed, similarly are there any requirements on the 450? Do we have to keep it connected to the charger for the OTA update to get installed or have the battery level at a certain minimum? Also, I am curious to know if the OS on Ather scooters have a name(maybe internally?)? Like for Tork motorcycles, they call it TIROS I think.

2 Likes

it is back again

but vehicle is with my dad and am at my work

i want to do it myself…

…:thinking:

3 Likes

did you get a notification from the App or do you check by opening the App and tapping the OTA update option?

1 Like

was checking in setting option in the app

haven’t got any notification in the notification bar

yeah, for me it instantly tells me the software is up to date. :frowning:

My vehicle’s version number

version 1.1.1.293343-prod is not the latest software version. It is the second latest. I just confirmed that have not yet received the latest update and will receive it soon. The latest update is being rolled out in batches.

2 Likes

10Q for the info

waiting

1 Like

hi @samitbanerji…
prior to my flight delivery in a call with the customer team - i asked them on the size of the update. They mentioned it to be in some few MBs and not much. Also mentioned that the on-board memory is not big for the same reason. So, inference is that the pre-req’s could be very less. It was mentioned that update will be downloaded when the vehicle is connect to internet while running and will install in the next best opportunity.

4 Likes

I have the same version and there’s no update for me yet! :wink:
Waiting for the next update :slight_smile:

As I was told by an Ather engineer today, whenever we get an update we will see an orange dot in the dashboard settings page and a notification in the app.
He also clearly suggested that its better to update the bike when its connected to the pod so that the charging pod also gets in sync as it will also take some inputs from the update.

He strongly suggested that updating otherwise may lead to some sync issues with the pod so better do it this way.

5 Likes

BTW I saw the new update in the service engineer’s bike today and I could see the Interesting orange color ‘SPORTS’ mode button. Not sure if its correct but also felt little more torque kick while accelerating on the sports mode.

4 Likes

Good Info and thanks for sharing @kumaranchal

1 Like

Hey Guys,

We haven’t rolled out the next version to customers yet. Some of us in the team are currently testing it for the final validation before rolling out it to everyone. During this, a bug crept into our app which caused it to show the update being available. We are still trying to do the root cause analysis for why that is happening.

We’d update you all here as well as on email when we do actually rollout the new OTA update to you. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Order ID 3156 - now payment gateway open.

7 Likes

:arrow_up: is the current version.

:arrow_up: is the next version, @Ather.Team we are eagerly waiting… roll out please.

Is there a beta version we can subscribe to and become beta testers (not alpha - that could have many issues and we do not want to get stranded on road! :wink:

@Abhishek @kumaranchal @rajeshkav @hemanth.anand @samitbanerji (sorry, I couldn’t mention more than this) in a post.

2 Likes

As I know Alpha and Beta are not open to owners and restricted only to ‘test vehicles’

I already have this 1.1.1.293343 version from day 1. Guess it is the current version. If it is not, better to check with customer care.

1 Like

yes, this is the current version and i too have this one only. the image I uploaded shows the next version we would be getting.

1 Like

Its normal mode renamed as Sports i guess. I was told about this update before delivery. I believe they are testing another 3rd mode along with this. So it will be Sport / Ride / Range. (Ride is renamed version of Eco)

1 Like