Updates and new features

Thanks Abhishek for confirming :slight_smile:

I hope Smart Charging Reminders include the reminder when your battery reaches 80% while charging. When I put the vehicle for charge, I’m more likely to forget to unplug at 80%

Would prefer that over a low battery reminder, because my battery goes low only when I ride for long distances where, I’ll be keeping track of the battery level. The battery never goes low on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Not in the initial set of updates, but it’s being evaluated.

1 Like

Can we get custom charging like tesla? Where we can charge it up to the desired level, say 80%, and then the charging stops automatically? This would really help in over night charging and when we don’t need the entire range of the battery for the next day. It will help prolong it’s life.
Note: please correct me if it’s already there😅

2 Likes

Does ather have Hazard light feature, where all turn 4 indicators light up? @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Not yet, it’s being evaluated. Logged as a feature request here: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/hazard-lights/3961

2 Likes

Is this coming from a perspective of preserving your battery usage? If so, charging overnight will not have any adverse effect on your battery.

There are buffers in the battery pack to prevent overcharge/deep discharge + the charger starts charging at a much slower rate from 80-100%, and cuts off charging.

4 Likes

This is true for all Li-Ion batteries, including phones. However, like I mentioned above, it’s being evaluated as a feature.

Hey where did you get this report ?

That’s nice feature finally what I had asked on the day 1 when i attended in owners meet

Ather is very transparent. So they can display in their website how many 450 sold in Chennai and Bangalore. How many pre ordered in Chennai etc. Because bajaj e chetak in one month they are able to sell only 21 units.

Ya bcz dealers have got 9 vechiles only

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTA Wants - Feature requests

Just thought of this when few people find with 55km in sports is less…ather can produce a .6 to 1kw batter pack which perfectly fits in the boot space with gives about extra 20km to 30km…to customer who want such features can opt this a small change in wiring like an extra plug in the boot so they could attach the batter visa it and extend the capacity @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

Hey @dannialvichu111,

I think we’ve addressed this before. Right now the battery pack is a structural component in the scooter. Adding another battery pack in the boot/front space would require significant rewiring of the electronics inside and a relook at the cooling requirements. Further, it also shifts the weight balance of the scooter unfavourably. In the current model, there are no plans to explore this option.

any updates regarding 4G upgrade for 450 ?

2 Likes

Some feature we need to make our 450 more smarter.

1.geo fencing option on dashboard screen.

2.daily ODO meter. Which will reset every 24 hours.

1. Notification access from mobile. So I can see my important mails while me on signal. Not while riding. No need of call option due to limitations.

2. Whether report if any rain estimation in my location.

3. Store offline map in console. For smoother experience.

4. My efficiency of riding show on dashboard while riding.

5. Customize dashboard. Right now how we get for smart watch.

6. music control.

On smart phone.

1. Direct map link share to ather app.
  2. Include public charger other than ather.
  3. Battery temperature notification. If I parked under direct sun and bike got baked.
3 Likes

HI,

I like Ather because its a data-driven organization. But I think there is still improvement to make. It will be really great if Ather can add Regen data on the dashboard and in riding statistics in the app. @abhishek.balaji is there any development going on this? I did not found any discussion on Regen as may be very little people knows about it.

2 Likes

AFAIK,. Regen is only around 4% max when really trying. So it will not as much and maybe that’s why it’s ignored. (Ps: I had raised this question a few months back elsewhere, and got a similar answer)

During my initial days I assumed that regen was automatic, i.e. when you take hand off the accerelator the regen kicks in.

But forum helped me realize that we need to throttle backwards for regen.

I usually travel 55 to 60 kms per day in Ather (i.e. before shutdown) mostly in SPORTS mode and was doing it from almost six months. I did use regen and it was a new learning experience for sure.

Its not so easy as we say or talk about it. we need to analyse the traffic, the road, the speed and the distance when and where to apply it, and also be aware of any tail gaters.

Although the regen tech is good, I found that twisting the throttle hard backwards (which is bit stiff) made my wrist sore.

At the end of the day, I did not see any significant battery saving, but most of the time I was hard braking/panic braking (when in high speed) when wanted to apply regen but you find obstacles or other travelers right into your regen path.

Since the regen generated is very less, Ather did the right thing not to display it in dash board. but it can be shown in Ride Log!!!

1 Like