Upcoming Ather Accessories

Upcoming accessories by Ather

Grip cover 299/ all inclusive

Inflator 2,999/ all inclusive

799/ all inclusive

Images by -@chef.arun7

9 Likes

While their own TPMS with less functionality costs 1k more, when it is at its best offer :skull:

1 Like

create a problem, then sell the solution, nice way to make income 2x.

4 Likes

Are these available? Or yet to be launched officially?

1 Like

I guess thes community day it will be announced

1 Like

TPMS and Tyre inflator are two very different equipment aren’t they? Unless i’m missing something. :thinking:

They should just sell scooter without tyres, won’t need TPMS nor inflator :laughing:/s

4 Likes

The grip covers would be awesome to have, I usually have trouble with the current grip. I already have the MI portable inflator, so not sure how Ather one will be any different. Also, is that a cleaning/maintenance kit? Looks cool! Interesting accessories.

2 Likes

i have read that it is off by 2-3 psi when compared to TPMS readings. this is more accurate?

and i hope this is “compatible” to use with other things as well like cycle tyres? :stuck_out_tongue:

soon they might, looking at their trajectory and the list of problems one scooter can have, they see this as an opportunity to make more income rather than to provide solution or clear the issue.

It usually has been off by 1 or max 2psi in my experience of last 2 years of usage. Maybe this will be more accurate. And it should for sure work with other things, usually they do.

I’m sure these accessories have been in the making for a while, and they wouldn’t sideline solving other issues over accessories.

1 Like

well, they are, The tyre pressure loss issue is a long-standing one, I have a Pulsar 220f, from 2009, still with its original tyres, I don’t ride much, went out sometime in December 2023, when I last checked it’s air pressure and set it to recommended, and when today I went to top up the air only 1 psi was the loss in over 60 days.

Now should I compare this with Ather? I’m pretty sure 60% of the owners will agree that just overnight there is a pressure loss of at least 5 psi. Now this is not common at all, so what is the issue? is it the rim? Is it the tyre? does Ather want to investigate it and resolve it? nope, sell the accessory and don’t find the solution.

I agree, any solution like addons, Frunk, or Helmets yes definitely they should do that, but selling covers for the problematic handle grips is not the solution, they should redo the manufacturing, less synthetic rubber and more latex rubber and P.V.C. in the original grips. there you go, one does not need these covers for grips.

9 Likes

That’s so true R&D was not properly done and when issues come it’s easy enough to slap on one more to patch up THEIR mistakes… aur ghata hum log le sahi ha

3 Likes

My case is bit different. The rear tyre pressure stays same for a month time. But for the front it leaks from the mouth, I need to take it to near by mechanical shop to get it fixed.

A simple math on filling air at petrol stations.
Assume we fill/check pressure once per week and pay â‚ą10. 52 weeks in a year so the cost is â‚ą520 for a year.
The price of an inflator is â‚ą2999, divide by â‚ą520 will give 5.75 years.

I’m :100: sure that the battery of the inflator would die before 5 years.

3 Likes

I liked grip cover but there should be colour like yellow green red for every Ather colour so it matches the colour of the Vehicle

2 Likes

Maybe the pin inside is defective??

1 Like

Thank God I won the Ather lottery. But roundabout every month I loose 2-4 psi

1 Like

Grips were long due. In just 1.5 years mine are sticky as hell + torn (and I’m not spending 1.5k or more just to fix that)

3 Likes

Oh that’s so true in this summer off it gets really stickey and it leavea some silicon in ur hand tooo

2 Likes

Valve are good actually, if it was defective it would create a complete loss of pressure within hours.

Some of these accessories are just rebranded Chinese products. My guess is 2 years.

Tear-off the grips and replace it like I did. Been perfect replacement though.

https://amzn.eu/d/9OWPlvA

4 Likes

TPMS totally waste of money

1 Like