Unveiling the all new Ather 450X Gen 3

#priiiiiiide :rainbow_flag:

1 Like

New in the sense, Gen 3 right? Never ever observed it in any existing Ather’s.

If time come’s should visit the EC and should take a look on the Gen 3 because there are some new things which was not mentioned in the launch like no cubby holes and this rainbow :rainbow: glass. In the launch video they also mentioned VOICE COMMANDS, i don’t know when and where they will implement this but since Ather has announced it, it should come in a better way.

2 Likes

No on the existing scooters too. I’ve seen it multiple times.

2 Likes

ya even on the old ones its there . just depends on the light intensity and angle …

2 Likes

Nope. All clear lens acrylic headlamp have that effect. Just a matter of it being clean, scratchless and looking at it from the right angle. Even cars have that effect.

I noticed that the main fan is a lot quieter in Gen 3. Will it be possible for existing 450x owners to upgrade the fan?

1 Like

Noticed during a test ride?

yessir. Noticed during test ride.

3 Likes

It is probably because Gen 3 needs less cooling compared to Gen 2 because of more cells in Gen 3, it manages heat more than Gen 2 cells. That is it. Personally, I don’t think they have changed the fan, only the rpm of it is lower than Gen 2.

2 Likes

Battery active cooling was never available right from 450, They depend on the force of air coming from the front. but motor cooling was being done by a fan underneath the seat. I wonder how more cells will improve the 5-year-old model of this motor. Maybe it’s a redesigned fan like those in computers with even high RPM that produce less sound, or they changed it to a PWM fan.

2 Likes

More cells = more energy = more heat.

That said, Ather has a well designed case and monitoring systems to manage thermals

3 Likes

Not always…

When there are more cells :

1] During charging, there is less charge goin in per cell per unit time, hence less heat.

2] Likewise, during riding, when there are more cells, there is less charge going out per cell per unit time, hence less heat.

Even few mobile phone these days have 2 physical battery instead of 1 for the same reason.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Gen.3 scooters still have identical weight and dimensions as Gen.2 so how come battery pack is not compatible with Gen 2. ?

1 Like

It’s not identical dimensions from what was told. They have slightly modified the chassis to fit the bigger batter. The newer model is also heavier because of the bigger battery.

From the FAQ:

8 Likes

Not sure of the dimensions of Gen 2, as it was not stated in the Gen 2 specification sheet, but since the Gen 3 has upgraded the battery from 2.9 kWh to 3.7 kWh, the weight has gone up from 108 Kg to 111.6 Kg i.e 3.6 Kg.

PS. : Weights are mentioned in Gen 2 as well as Gen 3 Specification Sheet.

Hope this helps.

8 Likes

Gen 3 is longer and wider by a few mm, to accommodate the larger battery pack.

This is the reason why Gen 2 cannot support the Gen3 battery pack.

6 Likes

If they have stopped making gen 2 batteries, I wonder there will be no replacement of batteries would be possible in near future, say in 5-6 years when batteries started degrading we will either have to throw away our gen 2 or use it solely for near by short distance visits.

3 Likes

I don’t think replacing batteries would be a problem in the coming years.

7 Likes

How would they do it?

5 Likes

I don’t know really but I think they must be having spare batteries or some other plan for this.

3 Likes