Unveiling the all new Ather 450X Gen 3

@tarun @abhishek.balaji is this true??

Wouldn’t the 105 Kms of the new Vehicle be enough for you with a commute of 60 kms round trip? You still got some more battery to spare.

Also, can’t you charge at your office? Are there no fast chargers on the way?

1 Like

Yes it is. AFAIK.

1 Like

Agreed… It is just like how Maruti names their variants. Lxi, Vxi 550x with 150 kms range would be a desirable offer

3 Likes

If anyone with Order ID lower than 249897 is cancelling their orders, please let me know. One of my friends has booked a 450x. He’s looking to swap his order to a lower order ID and it would help him get his vehicle quicker. Thanks

2 Likes

Are you sure its the correct order id. I had ordered in April and my order id is 22xxxx (2 lakh). If yours it in ~24k and still didn’t get the scooter then I’m doomed :expressionless:

5 Likes

So I am seeing all this enquiries and requests for backward compatibility for battery, dashboard other than mirrors and side footrest and tires.

IMO leaving the accessories part aside. Just talking about the battery and dashboard.

1. For battery they made some changes in mounting points as the battery is a little bigger than current Gen2. This is the first difficulty from OEM side.

Some how even they provide it. The battery would cost 60 to 65 k is it really worth spending that much for just 20km range. That is not worthy I believe.

2. Dashboard the difficulty here is even if it is backward compatible they have to figure it out actually how they are going to treat Gen2 and Gen 3 vehicles moving forward in-terms of software (based on generation or based on display type) as everyone won’t change their dash board certain features doesn’t work on Gen2 dashboard given the memory. So once it is sorted out may be that should be possible. @tarun or @abhishek.balaji can through some light on this.

Also is it worth that change depends. There are many who are asking we don’t want any connected services at all, and there are those who are trying advance analytics on their own. So depends but a very tiny group would change it. 7 to 8k is not so worthy may be.

If that is not sorted out there would be chaos that feature is working in my vehicle not in my vehicle and all.

So the additional spend won’t be worth since the new owners are just paying 5k for the same and we end up paying 70 to 75k.

2 Likes

My Order ID is 21xxxx , I ordered it on 21st April😂 still waiting for Full Payment

Based on the experience from 4G dongle upgrade, the chance of upgrading any internal components is remote, at best.

Unlike external accessories, this is a big hassle and it is not an additional income stream for the company. So, Ather has no incentive to do this.

Even for buyers, buying new battery means, no subsidy and 18% GST. It is going to be very expensive. If your battery health is poor and you don’t have any plan to upgrade your vehicle, then it makes sense to replace the battery. But, to replace it just as an upgrade wouldn’t make much sense.

So, if some one is really interested in getting the new gen vehicle for its features, it is better to sell the old and buy a brand new one.

4 Likes

My order id is 23xxxx… Booked in May…got a mail saying we are launching the new 450x and you are first in line…let’s hope i get it soon (fingers crossed).

2 Likes
3 Likes

Based on how they have handled 450 user’s post 450x launch we can expect same thing towards 450x Gen2. Making dashboard compatible with Gen2 will never happen because of huge cost. Accessories like tyres, side step are not compatible then chances of dashboard is zero.

Need to see how long will they release updates for gen2 since there are hardware differences between both.

3 Likes

Tyres can be upgraded.

Makes no sense to upgrade the dashboard. The only extra hardware is 2x the current RAM capacity. If your current dash is working fine, let it be!

Side step is not backward compatible because the design requires changes to the chassis.

Again the only difference is the RAM on the dashboard. Updates should not be a issue.

450 & 450x were completely different software platforms.

As of now customer care says tyres are not compatible with old 450x. Don’t know why.

Probably because you are looking at the wrong tyres. The Zapper N we are looking for are 100/80 12 rear. Currently that size is available only for front, as much i searched.

It is already confirmed by @tarun himself that they are backward compatible. How ever they are figuring out the pricing. So that should clear the air CS many a times don’t have proper information.

2 Likes

Agreed, The 4g upgrade was just a “keep the hype up” kind of a thing. If the company wanted they would have specifically told in the presentation that these will be upgradable just like the mirrors. For now, for everyone who wants a better range, my advice is to buy a new scooter itself as the new pack has different mounting points.

And for the dashboard is explained by @raghav.srinivasan in this post but I thought ROM had also increased from 8 GB to 16 GB.

Footstep is non-compatible which should have been compatible because it was a request made at least 1000s times by the old owners. they should have redesigned some parts of the frame to make it work with old gens too. so that the part of the frame and the sidestep both can to fixed in the old gen 450s and 450x.

BTW @tarun will we be able to buy mirrors and tyres as an accessory with Ather CREDIT?

2 Likes

It has been increased.

2 Likes

Has anyone observed that in the new model there is some shining rainbow :rainbow: color on the headlight glass.

I also observed this in some youtube reviews but I’m not sure. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Happens in all new scratchless clear acrylic.

1 Like