Ultraviolette F77

Ran into a new F77 owner and he was kind enough to let me give it a short test ride

First impressions, it’s much bigger than it looks in photos. It’s heavy but not too heavy. But extremely front heavy. When you’re stopped it’s extremely hard to move to even turn the handle bar.
It was a brand new bike, so refinement was quite a big miss. Could hear the chain rattling and the rear brake was almost non existent. No feel from either of the brakes. Handling again feels imbalanced because of the front heaviness. Hard to turn at low speeds.
Now about the performance, I tried the “Ballistic mode”

Its powerful but, it didn’t blow my mind tbh. I expected it to be … well, BALLISTIC I have an Ather and Ola and I have tried the warp on the 450X and I’m so used to I stand torque that I didn’t feel like it was out of this world. Still felt just par with slower 200cc bikes. I think they’ve limited the initial acceleration quite a bit because of how the weight is distributed, it would probably spin it’s wheels. All in all. A beautiful bike. A bit too aggressive for my liking but one hell of a bike.
This owner went with the boost charger. It was a choice apparently and the boost charger was a quite a bit more. But not that much more relative to the price of the bike. He was able to charge the bike with an Ola charger apparently. But imagine charging a 10kWh battery with a puny 700W charger :joy:. It was just shy of 5Lakhs on Road for him. Definitely still a niche market and way out of most peoples budget for a bike that can mostly be used within the city for commute and the short and slow out of town Sunday ride. Owner claims 250Km riding efficiently and 200Km riding by highway speed limits. So can only do Nandi for now. Not exactly what people have in mind when they have a 5 lakh budget for a bike.

13 Likes

Nice. Was looking for someone who has tested ola standard charging. Even though Ather opened its standard charging network to open adoption. Only their investors Hero motor corp went in. Others went for Hyper network. Which is non-existence compared to Ather.

I wonder why companies are going for those protocols. Something special maybe ?? @tarun

3 Likes

I want to see an ultraviolette f77 use the hyper charger network :sweat_smile:

Thanks dude. This is really helpful. I am getting the feeling that F77 is the Zeros of the electric bikes instead of the Energicas. Hopefully, some day soon. 5lakhs for 250 kms range with CCS support… muahh…! May be I am too optimistic…!

probably because the Ola connecter is the govt standard/prescribed as I read somewhere.

1 Like

can you share the post/ news link here, if it was govt. described fast charger connectors then many upcoming scooters, even Ather would have to follow those protocols.

article source: Interview With Ola Electric: Delivery Timeline, Service Costs, Difference Between Ola Electric S1 Pro And Etergo Appscooter And More - ZigWheels

more about the standard:

7 Likes

Umm, you are in confusion, the standard BIS certification is common for all types of connectors till they follow the requirement. That doesn’t mean they are now government-required connectors. Ola connector is still proprietary and is not a government standard connector or global standard.

Think of this IS certification as the standard for all, like Anchor Roma Switch which will have the same IS certification as Havells switch but they both are not identical. now that Ola is following IS requirements and has a proprietary connector, not a standard connector.

9 Likes

oh, makes sense. i have very little knowledge about this, very sorry for the confusion.

since other manufacturers including TVS are opting for the Ola connector, i thought maybe it was endorsed by government?

They might be in contract with their Hypercharger network, so they might not have to set up their own charging network like Ather has, the Hypercharger will be shared among all existing companies like Ola, TVS, Ultraviolette and Simple One. And Ather’s is shared only with Vida.

4 Likes

Yep Ballistic Mode is Sick :hot_face:

Lollll , Doesn’t exist

1 Like

The instant torque in ballistic on a speedway :hot_pepper::rocket:

Last Time I missed giving a Spin But You will get another Chance Soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Be Ready with the Riding Gears

Heard ultraviolet 77 users will get 7+ Regen Mode via OTA.

1 Like

Can’t describe in words about the MAX Level Regen

One Should Sit back and Feel it I say

Tested that Running Prototype for a Week

Not Just Multi Level Regens

Next Level Updates They are Launching in OTA, Which will be a Head Turner for Sure :clap:

Even ultraviolette giving regen OTA’s. Atleast now you should say Ather is bad at making such essential features backward compatible.

5 Likes

Its Upto Company Policies and Their Strategies

Policies? When i purchased my 450x 3.1 Ather promised that I’ll l get cruise control, where is it?

And if you’re calling this their strategy that they sell giving false promises, thankyou for proving my point.

4 Likes

Not to mention advance regen was the biggest scam ever

4 Likes