TVS iQube

Ather being a small startup, would have had huge costs, it was suppposed to be a premium product,

the others are just making a 60k bike and adding battery cost to it. this is probably to avoid cannibalizing their other products.

the iqube is definitely not worth this price tag

2 Likes

Ather 450x is very safer side…no tough compitator right now… ather is expanding network…

Zero innovation from TVS. Asking price for premium for ordinary looking bike not fair

Ather 450 has better specs than iQube I believe… And 450 has been launched a year ago…

1 Like

340 had better specs :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i Qube price is with or without subsidy ?

More details
https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/42922-tvs-iqube-electric-launched-inr-1-15-lakh-road.html

2 Likes

does it have a hub motor?

1 Like

TV’s is making comedy ennala sirika mudila அருமையான டிசைன் hahaha

Looks are subjective. Price seems high for the range, I am guessing its true km range being quoted.
TVS scooters are far more comfortable( vs potholes) and this will mostly be the most comfortable electric scooter in India. The floor board area also look bigger.

Ather cannot match the reach of TVS, which is present in many towns, nor can they match the scale( atleast until the the hosur factory is up).

Considering more and more roads are getting the crappy white topping aka concrete roads, are spine is going to take a toll, there was a article in DH that bangalore is seeing more and more spine related injuries. Taking all this into account, screw the sports handling, we need a scooter which gives us a comfortable ride.

2 Likes

4.4kw peak power motor
2 ride modes Eco and Power
0-40 in 4.2 secs
Top speed 78kmph
Range 75kms
Regen

₹1,15,000 OTR Bengaluru
10 dealerships
10 outside charging points
Booking amount ₹5,000 online or at dealership

Twin tube suspension (Front and rear)
Alloy wheels
Disc brake at front
Parking brake-lock
USB charging in boot
Car like key fob

Side stand indicator
All LED lamps
Illuminated logo
Navigation assist
Reverse gear…parking assist
Day mode/night mode screen
Vehicle self check
Live DTE indication (Range)
Battery level indicator
Low battery indicator
Service reminder
Vehicle malfunction light

58 connected features
Ride statistics
Live tracking
Geo fencing
Integrated search via app
Voice support via app
Can be paired via bluetooth
5 phone pairing simultaneously
Find charging points nearby
Auto message reply function.

Home charger installed with secure card
Auto pairing

4 Likes

10 charging stations already in place

Launch… first look… TVS I-QUBE

charging pod which will be installed in customer houses

looks like the customer is provided with e card which will enable customer to charge with security

first vehicle already was distributed to the first customer. I don’t know when and where did the booking start. The company is already ready with 100 vehicles to release this month… may be Feb

top speed maxed out to 78 kmph

0 - 40 kmph in 4.2 sec…

twin tube adjustable shocks in the rear

So by initial information which I could get hold of… it’s not a competition to Ather 450 w.r.t performance. But they are good in delivery timelines already.

2 Likes

Pretty close eh! :slight_smile:

Range of 75kms better be true range or else lot of us will see Pushparajs on the roads :grinning: Top speed is good enough for city and better than Chetak (60kmph). Looks decent. But considering it’s more expensive than the 450 (2k) will be interesting to see how people react to it.

7 Likes

Ok… So you have cleared the TVS Designer Test
. Congrats you have a job awaiting :joy:

4 Likes

Now Ather can launch 450x peacefully :grinning:
iCube not even a competitor to 450

6 Likes

Based on the launch event today, looks like they have slapped on an electric powertrain in the Jupiter, put in some tech with features similar to the Ather plus some extras and called it a day.

We know it is a cost-friendly formula but building a EV from the ground-up like the 450 and 450X would have been more useful for the EV space in the long term.

Extras: Day/Night screen! We need a night mode on the 450’s dashboard, maybe on the 450X??? and adjustable shocks, useful generally, but useless if its crappy.

The iQube has dark mode already :frowning:

1 Like

They’ve probably been creeping around our forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

runs away

12 Likes

Highly likely! This is what I like about Ather, making the EV world a better place and not being too selfish. Some selfishness is good!

4 Likes

140 Nm peak torque??? Typo right? Definitely can’t extract max torque from a hub motor.