TVS iQube

This sums my test ride for Chetak too. I had exactly similar experience when I test drove it. Thank you

After riding Bounce electric Ampere Zeal and taking test drive for Chetak, I felt to take a second test drive for TVS iQube again. Booked online and went to Trijal TVS.
This time there was a dedicated person with iQube Tshirt.
I requested for a test drive on proper highway and he agreed.

1. Horn sound is very bad. I don’t know if it is a global thing or only this test model has it.
  2. Ample leg space, wider seat for my wider hip.
  3. Looks more premium to me than Chetak.
  4. LCD display shows everything clearly. Regen also is indicated.
  5. Handle bar is heavy.
  6. The charge socket on the scooter I don’t know what it is. It is like a blue color comnector, looked very different.
  7. No sound at all, how much I throttle no sound.

For me TVS iQube is better than Chetak. I will be cancelling my Chetak booking.

450x>450>iQube>Chetak>Zeal

4 Likes

That’s nice. I wish Ather did that. If not increase the Regen, at the least tell us when the Regen is activated. Could make it like the red Halo we have. Maybe a green Halo indicating how much Regen is happening :frowning:. We owners have been asking for this for a long time now.

1 Like

How was the acceleration and speed on Iqube , Tell us more about the throttle response

It’s same as Chetak, but good enough for Bangalore traffic. It’s a scooter and does the job perfectly fine.

1 Like

This QA post says you can get up to 4% batt back if using regen aggressively. So, even if the green Halo of reassurance is given, it might not help revive much energy.

As of right now, the regen isn’t very strong and thus the gains from it are not significant enough. Thus, if there is a stronger regen in the future, it’ll be much more useful.

I own the TVS Teenz Electric Scooty which has four lead acid gel batteries and a hub motor. I bought it in mid 2008 but the sales of this model were closed soon after I had bought it. It is an excellent robust design that uses the TVS Scooty frame quite creatively. The service requirement on this scooter has been very low but the TVS service center nearby has been exceptionally good in service whenever it was rarely required. However 2018 onwards (ten years after it was launched) there were no batteries or spare parts available at the TVS Service Center - maybe that is their norm. So the only way to service it now is to reuse old parts if available or search for unsold stocks with other dealers (which they do).

The vehicle works fine at slow speeds. The accelerator has been dislodged without accident and is not working well but a TVS brand replacement of the accelerator section is not available. Repairing a puncture on the back wheel with the hub motor in it is difficult for any motor mechanic and most mechanics refuse to repair a puncture - one near home has agreed and I am always charged more due to its inherent difficulty. A hub motor electric scooter is problematic on service compared to belt ones.

7 Likes

Any idea if the iQube tyres are tubeless or not?

If it is not tubeless, it is going to be a mess. The hub back wheel will be very difficult to repair puncture.

Both tyres are tubeless - so punctures can be easily repaired.

1 Like

I am not seeing any pro reviews on YouTube for iQube…any idea? For Chetak it was out immediately.

1 Like

1 Like

Today, I cancelled my TVS iQube booking. Going with 450x :cupid:

7 Likes

Chetak and TVS has hub motor. Both of them will be hard to handle with pillion rider, it would be hard to steer the vehicle at sharp left and right.

Because motor weight, power on the rear wheel and weight of the pillion rider makes light at the front. So there is less grip between the front tyre and road.

Not a hub motor. It’s a swingarm mounted motor. Scooters have been rear heavy for decades. I don’t think for scooters it makes that big a difference. The less weight actually might help in quick steering. I think the bigger issue is the left to right weight imbalance of the Chetak.

1 Like

Oh, I though Chetak has hub motor. Haven’t observed it clearly :wink:

Reviews are finally out

3 Likes

A small but important thing: While a lot of reviews for iQube seem to have come out today (with them unanimously stating that this is near, but not on par Ather’s performance at all :wink: ), one thing that really struck me was that its payload capacity is only 130 kgs. Is this normal? For me this is concerning because accounting for my weight - which is average for someone who is 6 ft tall - it can take another person weighing around 45 to 50 kgs only. So two grown men cannot ride this together then?

The below video at the selected time states the payload:

They quote the gradeabilty also at just 10 degrees. That’s a bit alarming too. Doesn’t seem like it’s got the torque of a true EV. I guess only time will tell. I wish test rides were available throughout Bengaluru. I think the accessibility of the Chetak in KTM centres will put Bajaj at an advantage.

2 Likes