Transporting the Ather scooter to a different city

Railways has stopped transportation of EV scooters long back. But after some intervention they started accepting only if removable battery EVs. Since Ather comes with a fixed battery they won’t accept it. Road transport will be the only option now.

1 Like

I rode my Ather 450x Gen 2 to Delhi on October 2022

After the Ride while Packing for Train, They asked Where is the Battery.

I just opened the Boot and said Removed Battery. Then They agreed and I shutdown the Vehicle - Carried with me on Same Train :green_heart:

But While Seeing How they handle the Vehicle, I had no mind to keep it Shutdown So Turned On and Tracked it for the Whole 2 Days Travel :airplane:

3 Likes

Which battery did you you remove?

1 Like

He faked it. Some people don’t realize that if get caught one would be looking at time inside cell. Railways has bought this rule strictly so that the other goods which are carried with the vehicle is safe.

If an unfortunate incident happens the person who lied will be held responsible. So people avoid sending it through Railway and Road transport might be expensive but they will take care of everything.

PS: TEMPS INSIDE A BRAKE VAN IS atleast 10 deg hotter than outside. Even though we have witnessed @shreyas.seethapathy do the oven test, those are lab conditions, real life scenarios will have 100s of different variations.

3 Likes

Common, Its been a Year and Half

And Eventually Ather didn’t caught Fire

I trust Ather Battery and also I would Do What @sherayas.seethapathy did Baking the Batteray

1 Like

I’m planning to transport my Ather along with packers and movers on a closed container vehicle along with other household items. Is it safe? Any precautions I should take during the transport?

3 Likes

Its safe, A Customer from Bangalore (Ashish Kumar) took his Vehicle+ Household Items to Odisha.

3 Likes

That’s good to know. Thanks.

3 Likes

If You are Packing from Bangalore, You may use the Same Packers or Its done by Professional Packers and Movers.

1 Like

that is a go-home and do-it-again packing

I suggest you pack the Ather yourself with bubble wrap and jute/PVC Shrink Wrap.

Handle-bar first, if you have a 5mm Allen key, remove the mirrors. a good wrap in bubble wrap 3 turns then shrink wrap it. avoid cardboard. next will the lower part, same process. then side panels, if you find process difficult, packers and movers might do it.

get the battery lower than 30%, and shut down. this will ensure any unfortunate event can be avoided if the travel time is more than 10 days then go slightly higher to 40%. max will be 50 %.

2 Likes

His Vehicle Reached Safe to Odisha.

2 Likes

I was actually planning to keep the scooter on so that I can track the location. The total expected travel is between 20 - 24 hours.

Does the safety systems still work even if the vehicle is off?

1 Like

no, tracking feature will not work once you shut it down

If The Vehicle is Off, No Worries - You can track it but Once You shutdown it, Then Tracking is not Possible

2 Likes