Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

It’s not supposed to. With smart eco you can use higher modes till 0%.

I am learning something new today as I recently turned SmartEco On.

Also one query, do we need to mail Ather every month to get Ride Statistics?

I mailed them last month and got Sept ride stats, and this month I have not got it yet of October month.

You don’t need to. But if they don’t send it, then you can send them an email.

4 Likes

@saranyam.13891 @abhishek.balaji

I’m getting expected range as 83km for sports mode Is it a glitch or am i actually riding clean?

1 Like

We have achieved 87 km in 85% with Gen 2 with Sports and Warp mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcYFIPnsRp4

3 Likes

Not a glitch at all. Just shows the prediction range from previous few rides.

4 Likes

Where did you get this screenshot from?

This was from September Monthly Ride log sent to my mail by Ather.

4 Likes

So I’m a new rider, got my Ather 3 months back and i ride like 45-50 kms everyday with pillion rider in sports mode with average speed around 35-40kmph, and my bike goes from 91 to 25% each day and i charge it up to 91-95% at Ather grid near my home. Is there anyway I can improve the mileage? I get around 65 km range on sports mode with a pillion rider.

I think you can achieve 100+ km with a pillion rider. Focus on acceleration and breaking.

Here is my range test video, where with Gen 2 Ather 450x, we got a 100km range with a pillion rider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcYFIPnsRp4

1 Like

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from [Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X]

Guys I have observed one thing You can achieve even 18whkm

1 ride in sport mode 2 the Amount of times you’re engaging the accelerator. Try to keep accelerator nil at down hills don’t do regen only do it if you need to brake or else let the vehicle go till where it can 3 be gentle on the throttle 4 avoid hard braking 5 top speed doesn’t matter. The time you’re engaging the accelerator matters 6 try to take smooth roads rather than bumpy road I’m getting daily consistent 18-20whkm daily. It’s not that hard

6 Likes

3 Likes

In 5 days I travelled 71kms And my battery was 18%

I lost 2-3% every overnight If not for the drain I would’ve completed 71kms wuth ~30% left

Is there anyway i can make sure i don’t lose 2-3% every night?

1 Like

Good point. I now started to use ride and sport mode on my 1 week old Ather 450x. But however gentle I’m, it’s always 33kw. And how gently you throttle, irrespective of any mode, when the speed reaches 55km it shows red halo. Reaching 50 shows dark brown.

1 Like

The dark brown thing shouldn’t matter much. I got red color screen instead of brown still acheived 31wh/km and 29wh/km

Just fill in air in your tyres. Make it an habit of filling air atleast once in a week or 10 days

I rode it in 65kms per hour for almost a km And still achieved 31wh/km

2 Likes

That is very odd. Never seen something like that brown colour

1 Like

That’s sports mode

But Sports more is Orange color.

2 Likes

Im using 450X. In selecting different modes for ride, there is one more priority in concern for me. My wrist. Using sport mode is more comfort i feel. Since twisting is less for joints. In Eco mode its not feeling good. Im 50+ and have to ride 28km one side in mixed terrain.

2 Likes