Third Party Charging Grid

Nope, you can’t. You can charge Ather only at :-

• 15 amp 3 pin plug point
  • Ather grids

No other public/ private fast charging points because it doesn’t use the common standard , type 2 or CCS charging plug

3 Likes

You can charge at any charging grid that has a 15 amp socket by using your Ather charger. It would be slow charging, same charging speed that you would get at your home.

3 Likes

There should be common chargers like petrol station or unless Ather as multi point like BESCOM… which as multi point with in 1 or 2 km…

2 Likes

This response might answer your query on why CCS2 is not feasible for 2W:

3 Likes

Thank you rajkumar… But there should be some way to fast charge our scooters… Because Ather grid will not be present at all locations… @atherenergy1 need to find some solution to this

Thank you sir…

But not ever location has Ather grid people are looking of long drives or on emergency fast chargers are required… Ather need to look into this

Thank you rajkumar… But there should be some way to fast charge our scooters… Because Ather grid will not be present at all locations… @atherenergy1 need to find some solution to this

Thank you sir…

But not ever location has Ather grid people are looking of long drives or on emergency fast chargers are required… Ather need to look into this

BESCOM is 100 times less reliable than Ather itself. Their grid points are almost always turned off or they just don’t work. Even in BBMP HQ the charge point doesn’t work and other vehicles block you from access to it. It would be much easier for Ather to set up their own grid points than partner with BESCOM

The idea is okay but imagine what would happen if those who charge forgets to close the flap (given how responsible most are, majority will not close the flap) and it rains. It can be a serious hazard, right?

Moreover, we wont even get a 10km range in 30 minutes of charge right?

2 Likes

I don’t think so… There are people charging cars or scooter every day in BESCOM. I spoke to mutli people… Currently, only Ather scooter can be faster charged from Ather grid. But TVS scooter can be charged from BESCOM, means fast charge not slow charge… Apart from that, Revos Bolt is providing peer to peer charging network in Bengaluru… Where ever Ather grid is not there, Ather scooter can be slow charged from BESCOM or BOLT…

1 Like

Then He contact Ather ustomer care to toll the scooter or charger the scooter before going out…

1 Like

Lucky people. I have not seen a single BESCOM charging point that works in the places I’ve visited. My complaints fell on deaf ears.

Actually, the port is designed to drain out spashes of water. Also, I’ve noticed that the position of the port reduces the chance of rainwater actually entering into it.

1 Like

Lol… It is not working at ur place…but most of BESCOM station are working in Bengaluru… I know people who are charging…

1 Like

When I said this,

This is what I meant.

That’s why I called them lucky people.

1 Like

Pls try Banashankari, ISRO layout, Mysuru Road. People can charge their electric scooter with normal plug. if not BESCOM, try Revos Bolt which has multi points in Bengaluru. I see Kona, Tata cars are frequently charged in BESCOM station. Very less scooters. Ather doesn’t have common plug which is only used in home or office. Unless BESCOM people allow with normal plug then fine, which don’t measure current I guess.

1 Like

Ather grid in Park view mall in ITPL, Bengaluru. Fast charging was not supported… I have charged scooter this Monday. From 6 to 10.30 pm… it charged only 77%. Stopped charging after 77%… Ather Grid is not installed in free parking area.

I have received a Revos Bolt Charger. Will be installing it soon.

1 Like

Does the tvs iqube support fast charging? Afaik, tvs is only planning to introduce fast charging in the next version and existing models will be updated

2 Likes

Bolt support only normal charging. But they have very big network of charging in bengaluru. Like BESCOM…

1 Like

Ather grid at Khelo bat academy in hoskarhalli is not working, when I connected the charger, scooter is not getting charged but able to charge it from home

I think Revos has shut down. The Bolt charger is not working and nor is the App. Can anyone confirm this?