Third Party Charging Grid

True they have to cahrge. And there should be some package & discounted rates for Ather users.

And for other vehicles charge at regular prices. Then definitely public fast chargers will be legitemately used.

Adresses two issues.

1. Reduced abuse of public fastcharger usage
  2. Other vehicle owners will not use it much unless very highly required.
2 Likes

100% agreed on the point that now more 3rd party EV infrastructure companies can put up chargers that can be used by Ather owners. But at the same time saying that ather grid should be locked is equal to saying Only TATA customers can use Indian oil.

So ather might be charging soon as then we can see people using the grid only when they actually need it and the same can be done with other brands as well.

I wish Ather had an inbuilt charger so that we could use a standard cable - like a PC SMPS cable to charge it anywhere. No hassle to do a specific installation, the charger is tied to my flight AND it is much more easier to carry a charging cable as opposed to a complete charging unit.

3 Likes

Or just a adapter like CCS2 to ATHER would solve our problem.

Idk if any Ev manufacturers or ev players on it.

3 Likes

It is safe to assume that most suggestions might have been put forward at least once at some point by other owners here on the Forum! You might find the two responses linked in this post helpful :blush:

1 Like

BESCOM as multi charging stations across Bengaluru… 2 to 3 charging stations in km or 2 kms… Ather is charger is not feasible for fast charging with Bescom charging station because Ather dont support industrial charger like TVS, etc. Why can’t Ather tie up with Bescom for more charging stations or feasibility of fast charging for Ather scooters…

2 Likes

Ather should switch to CCS2.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Any idea if we can charge Ather apart from Ather grids?? Like tata charge station, or any other charge stations??..

Kindly suggest

Nope, you can’t. You can charge Ather only at :-

• 15 amp 3 pin plug point
  • Ather grids

No other public/ private fast charging points because it doesn’t use the common standard , type 2 or CCS charging plug

3 Likes

You can charge at any charging grid that has a 15 amp socket by using your Ather charger. It would be slow charging, same charging speed that you would get at your home.

3 Likes

There should be common chargers like petrol station or unless Ather as multi point like BESCOM… which as multi point with in 1 or 2 km…

2 Likes

This response might answer your query on why CCS2 is not feasible for 2W:

3 Likes

Thank you rajkumar… But there should be some way to fast charge our scooters… Because Ather grid will not be present at all locations… @atherenergy1 need to find some solution to this

Thank you sir…

But not ever location has Ather grid people are looking of long drives or on emergency fast chargers are required… Ather need to look into this

Thank you rajkumar… But there should be some way to fast charge our scooters… Because Ather grid will not be present at all locations… @atherenergy1 need to find some solution to this

Thank you sir…

But not ever location has Ather grid people are looking of long drives or on emergency fast chargers are required… Ather need to look into this

BESCOM is 100 times less reliable than Ather itself. Their grid points are almost always turned off or they just don’t work. Even in BBMP HQ the charge point doesn’t work and other vehicles block you from access to it. It would be much easier for Ather to set up their own grid points than partner with BESCOM

The idea is okay but imagine what would happen if those who charge forgets to close the flap (given how responsible most are, majority will not close the flap) and it rains. It can be a serious hazard, right?

Moreover, we wont even get a 10km range in 30 minutes of charge right?

2 Likes

I don’t think so… There are people charging cars or scooter every day in BESCOM. I spoke to mutli people… Currently, only Ather scooter can be faster charged from Ather grid. But TVS scooter can be charged from BESCOM, means fast charge not slow charge… Apart from that, Revos Bolt is providing peer to peer charging network in Bengaluru… Where ever Ather grid is not there, Ather scooter can be slow charged from BESCOM or BOLT…

1 Like

Then He contact Ather ustomer care to toll the scooter or charger the scooter before going out…

1 Like

Lucky people. I have not seen a single BESCOM charging point that works in the places I’ve visited. My complaints fell on deaf ears.

Actually, the port is designed to drain out spashes of water. Also, I’ve noticed that the position of the port reduces the chance of rainwater actually entering into it.

1 Like