The Third and Biggest Owners' Meet Yet!

Considered it but I am still 21kms away :sweat_smile: will see if I can leave early enough to join folks there

1 Like

Hey folks! Let us know where you’ll be riding from, so we know how many to expect.

• North - Gayatri Vihar Gate, Palace Grounds
  • West - Pavitra Paradise, Basaweshwara Nagar
  • East - Ather Space, Indira Nagar
  • South - Decathlon, Bannerghatta Road

0 voters

1 Like

Hi Shreyas,
I will have a friend (soon-to-be-owner) accompanying me for the event tomorrow. I hope that’s fine.

1 Like

A quick report of the event for owners who couldn’t attend today’s ride and meet.

Started from home at 08:00

There was a slight drizzle when I reached the starting point.
Thankfully the rains were considerate enough today.

A little environment friendly measure with all the destruction in the background.

Everybody were almost on time.

We left after a small delay because of a niggle with the camera equipment. I was the pilot and @rajeshkav was the at the trail. The roads were really bad which meant we rode in a single line most of the time.

We joined all other at Dairy circle and reached IBC by 10am.

How about some colour.

The event immediately started by @Shreyas and @ravneet.phokela sharing the journey so far.

Mr. Junior Kav engrossed!

Panorama of the event

There were a few owners who shared their experiences so far and especially about the Chennai trip.

Owner speak-Manas

Owner speak-Naveen

Owner speak

@Shreyas then introduced @rajeshkav and me to the group and we shared our thoughts about our areas of the forum that we are working as Moderators.

Moderator speak-Rajesh

Rajesh introduced the I’m-tired-of-explaining cards which basically are cards for owners who wish to guide curious people on road to the Ather website and Forum.

Spread the word!

We were then told a few things that are in the works. The Q&A session saw @chaitanya.hegde, @nishant.dk, @Shreyas, @ravneet.phokela and a couple of others answers question collected on the forum

Later there were 3 scooters with ECO mode for interested owners to test ride. It’ll be deployed in the next OTA update that’ll possibly come in September.

During lunch all owners interacted with each other and it was a nice interactive session. There were a few people from the Service team to help fix some issues with the scooters if any. My scooter’s bootlamp had turned yellow and in 30mins, it was replaced.

I was there till around 14:30 discussing with the owners about their experiences, their issues, their questions.

Wonderfully organised event once again and a Sunday well spent!

16 Likes

Please never say again that you are not a photographer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIRD AND BIGGEST OWNERS’ MEET

Although this was the biggest owners’ meet till date, I found there was not adequate interaction between the owners and the staff. I am not blaming anyone here. As I know that once the audience starts increasing the interaction will be limited. I know that there were a lot of people. I stayed back till 2:30 just to talk to other Ather Owners/ Staff who became very good friends after the Chennai Event.

@tarun I absolutely missed your talks. Though you came down for a few minutes and didn’t talk.

The ride to IBC was good. The turnout from WEST was far more than expected. I have observed that most of the Ather Owners in the west are not aware about the forum. I believe that’s the reason we didn’t have a lot of guys coming from the West.

I have some recommendations for the @Ather.Team
Can we have a representative (from the owners’ side) from all the four parts of the city so that we can have discussions with other owners from time to time and get some systematic feedback which might actually help for you guys to rectify the issues?

This is just my opinion. Feel free to contact me if you need some more recommendations.

7 Likes

I think we gotta consider name + user ID tags the next time. Unfortunately I remember user IDs much better than faces and real names of the forum members, it’s kinda embarrassing!! :sweat:

6 Likes

initially we had option to change our display name

now that option is not appearing in profile section

ill check again now!!

3 Likes

@Ather.Team give us an option to change the user ID tags. Just once. And fix the forum. And integrate the forum into the app.

1 Like

I enjoyed the owners’ meet. It was great to meet the Ather team and fellow Ather owners. Here are a few pics that I took :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Hey Everyone!
Here’s a quick highlight video from the Owners’ Meet last weekend :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Beautiful video as usual. The foot tapping BGM is lovely. The best frame for me in the entire video is this :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Superb!. Xavier and the team create such awesome videos!

3 Likes

Xavier should be on the forum! Super nice and fun guy!

2 Likes

True… I did not expect them to come along for this owners meet as well… Really they make us feel special :smiley:

3rd Owners’ meet Review

Never too late to write, someone said. Usually I do this regularly however some other priority took precedence over this write. I hope this feedback helps AtherEnergy for the next meet.

What I liked

1. Large crowd of owners. It is first time ever 200+ owners assembled. Indeed, I was really happy to see many people around. It is always heart-warming to see so many family members under the roof. Some are known faces and many are unknown. However, all are bound by one single string that is 450. At times I had to scratch my head to greet people who greeted me since they know me as I have single face(?). One might argue this is the disadvantage of putting the photo and real name, however I like to be transparent as much as possible.

If one argues saying too big is crowd is disadvantage for closer interaction, it has its own charm. Being one among the crowd, definitely gives a stronger feeling and gives a confidence that he/she made right choice in picking 450. This is especially true for a new comer.

1. Session

a) Started on time. Who likes the delayed start? No one, except the late comer! I always believe, discipline is the key for true and real face.

b) Started with Chennai Launch details, experience. It is good to start with remembering and thanking the people who shouldered the launch. It shows that people are recognized.

c) Product info, updates : This is standard briefing in every meet and it is must for everyone’s knowledge. I am always interested to see 450’s mass statistics. Introduction of Moderators, Dos and Don’ts, FAQs in the forum was plus this time.

d) Q&A - I really liked the Q&A session this time. There was no chaos and everything was well coordinated. This is the way to go.

e) End timing : Session ended well within the expected time and gave plenty of time for informal discussions.

2. Eco Drive session

I did not take the ride and thought of experiencing the new mode in my own vehicle. There is ‘waiting pleasure’ and it has its own charm. I strongly believe in this.

1. Food

I really liked the food session this time over any previous events held in Bengaluru. Unlike previous sessions, this time it was served in reusable food plate, self-serve quantity, reusable water bottles, cups were great plus. There were very less waste this time.

What could make it better

1. Best Practices/Owners talk - Call owners who excel in some areas and let them speak. Say washing the vehicle, charging (say 20-80), efficient riders, guys who have modified, added accessories etc.

a. Identify best efficient rider of the season and invite him to stage
     b. Identify longest/highest km cruiser of the season
     c. Identify highest km clocked person and let him share his experience

2. Service related - Based on Ather’s Service experience - share the worst case scenarios, major damages that occurred, dos and don’ts based on this experience.

3. Subject Matter Expert (SME) talk - Invite at least one SME and let them talk about one topic, say Battery, BMS, Motor, Dashboard, POD/DOT etc. Or it can be process talk too (say ordering, insurance, registration etc.) Being transparent in the community gives more confidence.
    a. Ather can check with its customers by conducting a poll on topics of the interest and pull those SMEs to address.

4. Morning Ride to IBC knowledge park was good, however there were very less number of riders. Please communicate the ride information at least a week before so that more numbers can join in.

5. Status update: it would be good to know info like total number of owners till date, total sales figures, order status, delivery status. This info will certainly help to boost the pride of owning 450.

6. Take feedbacks: For various topics that AtherEnergy seeking, this is the best platform to gather feedback

7. Conduct Surveys : Good to conduct surveys from the owners on various topics including priority for next OTA update features. As there is large pool of people, it is direct and fast source of data.

8. Dedicated Service Desk : Have a dedicated table and log the issues. If any 450 requires in house service, it can be scheduled over the period of time.

9. Grievance Cell: Open up a grievance cell, log customer complaints and address them. AtherEnergy needs to hear the pain points as well and address in the days to come.

11 Likes

@Ather.Team
Hello everyone,
When can we expect the next owners meet?

1 Like

Soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When exactly can I expect? Because I haven’t attended even one and I’m excited to attend

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Owners’ meet - December 2019