The stray dogs issue

I’m really afraid to drive ather when I know I’ll go home late night because of stray dogs. Some say the wheeee sound is irritating them and few also say it’s a low frequency sound which can only be heared by dogs.

Whatever is the case, this needs to be fixed. I’m freaking racing every other day to escape from dogs and I believe it’s not a funny issue anymore.

Please provide your tips for staying safe and hope ather works on this.

16 Likes

I too faced the same kind of issue, if you are passing any stray dog, just press horn untill you pass them, which deviates them… I tried it and it’s works for me… It’s just my suggestion :relaxed:

6 Likes

Have experienced this a few times atleast. I suggest stopping. They get confused and stop too. And then drive slowly away before speeding off.

8 Likes

Stopping at barking dog? Oh no!!! I can’t do it xD

2 Likes

Haha i know its counterintuitive!! :laughing: But its worked for me everytime!

4 Likes

I agree with this. I face this issue almost every night. I usually slow down when I encounter a dog near the street. If it still tries to follow or bark then I will stop and wait for to calm down and then move. Speeding away just makes it worse in my experience.

6 Likes

The only solution I have currently is spot them way before, slow down my vehicle, and ride it very cautiously. And the second I feel they are looking for something to chase, either I “warp it out” if its safe, else go at dead speed.

That’s the only solution I can suggest, but @christ4karan 's suggestion is good as well, press horn, if the time and place allows that.

2 Likes

So you either go slow or run the hell outa there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: alright.

4 Likes

My Ather is coming in next week! Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey man , just a simple stuff it is.

When dogs chase you. Just stop the vehicle and they will get confused and then they leave. After that , you move on. I am an animal rescuer and I know about animals. If you speed fast then they also chase fast. So next time if any chase you face. Just stop the vehicle and shoo them.

Later update here

Exactly :bouquet:

Well Said Brother.

The dog may got offended by other humans. So only they get irritated. Blaming animals will not make sense. Because we have 6th Sense and they don’t.

We have to adjust with them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I think the dogs along the route I take to office have now got used to the Wheeeeeeee of my 450…they have got adjusted to my bike.

6 Likes

Yeah bro, animals will get adjusted to it. They chase out of curiosity that’s all. Now they know about our vehicle, power etc etc :rofl:

The stupid intelligent animals. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Why would dogs get confused when stopped ? Many years back a dog was chasing me and I stopped, next it bit me until someone had to come and rescue with sticks. From that day, I never stopped while a dog is chasing or barking, I just freak out and ride like hell

4 Likes

The same thing happened to my friend and he is scared to death if a dog chases him, BTW sometimes these dogs are mama dogs protecting the little ones, in case you ever notice dog chasing you never fully stop just brake-check and see, if it doesn’t stop chasing then run for it :joy: .

1 Like

They are scared of the wheels not the persons usually. When you stop dont try to act or shoo away as it will trigger them. It is advisable to stop as they might come and smell you from distance. If you drive faster they would also do the same.

2 Likes

I had a major issue with dogs barking and chasing when I got the flight. It would scare the shit out of me. These days, I don’t think they care anymore. I doubt if my flight is still the same flight or something changed in it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably your flight might give dogs a beast look which you can’t see :blush:

3 Likes

I had an alpha great Indian shepherd jump along from the wrong side towards my ride yesterday in mid traffic, that too in broad daylight.

I was riding in the noisy 15-25 kmph range which might have tickled his ear too much. I had checked mirrors a few seconds back and so could give a quick stop and he was like “oh was that a squirrel? Bye!”

Later turning back, i found him rethinking about his life choices mid road and go away. Seemed

Really

5 Likes

Dogs are phobic to certain sounds and they chase even cars, bikes and autos . I am saying this cos I have experienced this while driving car or while in an auto , many times experienced this on my activa too.I would suggest just keep riding do not speed up as you may end up in an accident It’s risky to stop, however they get distracted

4 Likes

True…

slowing down and let it bark and go slow OR keep going slow and let it bark… it gives up at some point.

But, if we try to avoid by going fast, we have more chance of falling than getting a dog-bite.

4 Likes