The Funny Side

Ha ha…no! It means that they would tweet that message and their twitter friends know that something was wrong

This wouldn’t be on news if the ride was on Ather! :rofl:

I took delivery of my 450 yesterday. On my way back on Old Madras Road, a man on a Pulsar 150 asked how quick the scooter is and I said pointing at his vehicle, “Faster than that”.

9 Likes

Dang! His face might have turned pink :joy:

1 Like

Totally did! He didn’t ask anymore questions.

Near a signal two guys are looking at my dashboard and are very surprised. They are asking what is this, i told them its an electric scooter. They asked me the name i told Ather. Next they are asking Imported aa foreign vandi aa. :joy::rofl: I told them no its available in chennai itself and then signal turned green and i flew in sports mode i am able to see the shock on their face through the mirror. :rofl::joy:

7 Likes

Foreign vandi aa :innocent: super cool :sunglasses: flew.

1 Like

I’m curious, is it really faster than a Pulsar 150? I checked some website and there is no 0-40 time for the Pulsar, but the 0-60 is around 5.6 sec for the Pulsar while it is 8.2 seconds for the Ather. I would assume that the Ather maybe faster to 40, but not sure.

Well, it was quicker in the traffic light grand prix between the 450 and him. I think we reached 45-50ish and I was clearly quicker. His torque was available at a far higher RPM and gear change slowed him down. So, in that sense it was faster. Actual numbers wise I don’t really know.

This is where any Scooter wins. Gear change. But the actual challenge would be something like Aprilia 150+

No the 450 doesn’t hold up so we’ll withthe SR150. It can definitely keep up with aprillia but the apriia has a little better accelratuon and top speed is much higher. Recently I was next to a Sr 150 at a signal and both of us opened throttle at Green and Ather inched forward at to th start but soon the Aprilia over took me. But it was fun to look at that guy’s face. His scooter was revving hard to speed to up and there I was with almost no sound keeping up with him.

4 Likes

Canines on the road seem to get irritated by the high pitch “Whee”…they either bark or chase or turn their head…to be on the safer side I slow down as I spot them so that I don’t draw their attention. Their reaction appears funny to me.

4 year old girl who stays next door says, “Uncle, the scooter looks funny”.:joy:

3 Likes

21 Likes

LOL… Wheee hee hee heee :grin::grin::grin:

It was funny to see a young pup running for cover at hearing the “WHEEEEEE”.

1 Like

Wait till you meet the elders :dog2:

1 Like

I will hold Ather responsible for it. :slight_smile:

:upside_down_face: I’m worried about Wheeeing in front of them! Near my house we have more stray dogs than no of potholes.

two or three cookie pack based on number of dogs would help. i have done the same. there is a place near my house where yulu bikes are parked and there are many stray dogs. so i gave them biscuits and befriended them. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow! Maybe I should go and buy some biscuits and store on boot space.