The Funny Side

I too wish…

1 Like

I think there is a similar initiative in Goa, but you know what, the people taking pics of violators are getting beaten up!! Bangalore has an app bangalore eye as @nit1995 pointed out, but has been limited in its success. I guess more cameras and automatic fines would be the way forward given the fine rates now.

1 Like

Definitely. My idea is very similar too. We need to get some benefit for helping them too.

1 Like

Huu saar. Very very true.

1 Like

The biggest benefit you can get is not the split fine. But if they act and take action, which in turn decreases people from doing it.

2 Likes

They can link the bank acc to your vehicle. So whenever you violate a law, instantly there will be a debit :joy:

2 Likes

i dont want to be -ve

but in general i see cop behavior little weird

they are more focused on generating revenue

this will never improve the situation

i have seen this trend in both hyd and bang

bang is little ahead in tech so, they are using the gadgets to fine people instead try correcting behavior…

in Hyd every time new IPS takes charge for the first time in traffic dep for the first six months u will see change in cops beh

they start conducting counseling and call parents in case a student is caught on violation, conduct sessions and ask people to report their progress

but after few months they get bored and same routine, revenue generation takes over

in hyd they introduced point system, which i heard it only helped to raise bribe price…

the real solution is with everyone who is coming on to road

in my view there should not be any fine by the cop for violation of rule

there should be some alternative to improve the situation.

EX: me an @ayanahmedhussain went to nandi hills

on return from hill we saw civil cops (not traffic cops)

who are charging rs.50 if not wearing helmet and they let u go

what are they trying to do…what is the purpose of helmet, is it really safety, if it is they shouldn’t allow people up the hill in first instance,

i tried speaking to a cop sitting in a vehicle busy writing challans -

when i went there he kept on asking me what is your bike number - but i was there for some other reason but he is never bothered

he started saying something in Kannada when i started explaining the excuse, he just started shouting give 100 and go

to make fun i said - we are 2 on the bike - now i can see anger on his face

so, i walked back and waved at ayan to come down on bike

above story is just to let you know that even if we have some app, they will just write a challan and leave it there… should that really serve the purpose!!

i doubt

4 Likes

Exactly. I totally agree with you. Cops are here just to generate revenue. I know that they have a target. Everyone has a target and everyone has a boss. But they are not at all interested to make people aware of safety. Catch them, write a Challan and take the money is all they do. It’s sad that they just here to fine people.

Fine even if they are here to fine people, let the fine be so high that people should be scared of committing the same mistake again. They just throw 100/200 and everyone thinks that it’s cool not to follow the laws, ride without helmet. Because it’s soooo damn cool. And ride without a helmet and simultaneously speak on the phone. That’s even more cool because you’re riding with a single hand. People are so stupid. But stupid people should be taught a lesson with super high fines. Even in their dreams, they shouldn’t commit traffic violations.

1 Like

Just the other day, I saw an old splendor, without number plate, throwing white fumes from the exhaust, 4 people(2children), no one having a helmet, and the man riding was on the phone.

If the cops were honest, what would be the fine? Will he get arrested? What about the jail term?
Just curious…

The problem with increased fines is that the bribes will also increase.
That’s not the solution…

What an experience!!

1 Like

yeah - almost lost helmet

i think it was 100

i dont remember

1 Like

Penalty if collected correctly without budging, I am sure the voilations will come down. No doubt at all. 99% of us does not want to pay the penalty even if it is as small as 100 rupees.

But, when bribe is always an option and it’s much cheaper than penalty, makes it easy for violators as well as cops.

There shud be security cams installed on wherever cops are there like signals to monitor them. The cops who are catching us also shud be mandated to wear cameras.

Who will be monitoring the cameras?
It’s the currupt cop

2 Likes

Obviously and unfortunately yes…

having something monitoring them itself deters them from not doing their job…

i wouldnt agree

bribe is an option offered and never chosen

the other day when we are returning from chennai in train @arvind_nair shared his experience where he encountered a situation where he was stopped by cop for red signal jump - which Arvind was not sure (they argue that violation is done in seconds), they asked him to pay 400/ and when he asked for bill/challan they started making fun of him on the road, but still when Arvind asked for receipt they reduced the price to 200/ and gave the receipt!

how do we explain this

am sure this is typical cop behavior

3 Likes

The best solution is to terminate the licence after 3 warning. There should not be any fine just cancel the driving licence.

2 Likes

Cops are not doing their jobs most of the time, no second thought.

But, point is when bribe is an option (whether we offer or we are asked) that gives easier and cheaper option for the violators which is not helping them stop the wrongdoing.

And, we are not speaking about the good citizens who dont agree with bribe or who dont violate. its always about the remaining group of people

Like in Bahrain…
Yeah

1 Like

It is not fair to terminate the licence. When there is a system that make you brake the rules without realizing it.:raising_hand_man:t2:

1 Like