The Funny Side

Atheros is a semiconductor networking communication company , something like Linksys, Cisco etc. Now this company is acquired by Qualcomm.

8 Likes

Thanks for info

It is the wireless adapter (from Atheros) inside your laptop using which helps you connect to WiFi.
Shaktimaan is the name being internally used by Ather for the firmware/operating system on the Ather scooters Iike you have Windows/Linux/Android/iOS on computers/smartphones.

1 Like

My 7yr old nephew Kabir was playing alone and he was making his own newspaper! Don’t forget to read the sports section of this newspaper ! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Ather vs Bajaj.
Hmmm …

1 Like

New day, new sketch!
My nephew’s today’s sketch of the future Atherspace at London (look at the Athergrid map)!

17 Likes

Just tweeted this out to Bangalore Traffic Police. Does anyone feel the same? Are there any funny incidents you have come across? I see two cops in uniform riding on a two wheeler without helmet every other day. And they are the ones who fine us. :joy:

5 Likes

The government should introduce an app which can be downloaded publicly, verified by Aadhar.
Anyone could send a photo of the violation, location of photo taken, and it should be referred by the police department.
Any fine collected should be split 50% to the reporter.

If the violator decided to go to the court, the user of the app should not be involved.

5 Likes

In KSA, there’s a similar app.

If involved in any accident, just take photo and send SOS.
Then we can move the vehicles in the side and police will be there in 5-10mins.

Claiming Insurance will be easy if used the app.

We have a ID number for verification there (similar to Aadhar).

There is one app like that. But they take forever to close the complaints if they ever do. And they don’t split the fine with the person who reports the violation.

2 Likes

ಬೇಲಿಯೇ ಎದ್ದು ಹೊಲ ಮೇಯ್ದಂತೆ …

11 Likes

I too wish…

1 Like

I think there is a similar initiative in Goa, but you know what, the people taking pics of violators are getting beaten up!! Bangalore has an app bangalore eye as @nit1995 pointed out, but has been limited in its success. I guess more cameras and automatic fines would be the way forward given the fine rates now.

1 Like

Definitely. My idea is very similar too. We need to get some benefit for helping them too.

1 Like

Huu saar. Very very true.

1 Like

The biggest benefit you can get is not the split fine. But if they act and take action, which in turn decreases people from doing it.

2 Likes

They can link the bank acc to your vehicle. So whenever you violate a law, instantly there will be a debit :joy:

2 Likes

i dont want to be -ve

but in general i see cop behavior little weird

they are more focused on generating revenue

this will never improve the situation

i have seen this trend in both hyd and bang

bang is little ahead in tech so, they are using the gadgets to fine people instead try correcting behavior…

in Hyd every time new IPS takes charge for the first time in traffic dep for the first six months u will see change in cops beh

they start conducting counseling and call parents in case a student is caught on violation, conduct sessions and ask people to report their progress

but after few months they get bored and same routine, revenue generation takes over

in hyd they introduced point system, which i heard it only helped to raise bribe price…

the real solution is with everyone who is coming on to road

in my view there should not be any fine by the cop for violation of rule

there should be some alternative to improve the situation.

EX: me an @ayanahmedhussain went to nandi hills

on return from hill we saw civil cops (not traffic cops)

who are charging rs.50 if not wearing helmet and they let u go

what are they trying to do…what is the purpose of helmet, is it really safety, if it is they shouldn’t allow people up the hill in first instance,

i tried speaking to a cop sitting in a vehicle busy writing challans -

when i went there he kept on asking me what is your bike number - but i was there for some other reason but he is never bothered

he started saying something in Kannada when i started explaining the excuse, he just started shouting give 100 and go

to make fun i said - we are 2 on the bike - now i can see anger on his face

so, i walked back and waved at ayan to come down on bike

above story is just to let you know that even if we have some app, they will just write a challan and leave it there… should that really serve the purpose!!

i doubt

4 Likes

Exactly. I totally agree with you. Cops are here just to generate revenue. I know that they have a target. Everyone has a target and everyone has a boss. But they are not at all interested to make people aware of safety. Catch them, write a Challan and take the money is all they do. It’s sad that they just here to fine people.

Fine even if they are here to fine people, let the fine be so high that people should be scared of committing the same mistake again. They just throw 100/200 and everyone thinks that it’s cool not to follow the laws, ride without helmet. Because it’s soooo damn cool. And ride without a helmet and simultaneously speak on the phone. That’s even more cool because you’re riding with a single hand. People are so stupid. But stupid people should be taught a lesson with super high fines. Even in their dreams, they shouldn’t commit traffic violations.

1 Like

Just the other day, I saw an old splendor, without number plate, throwing white fumes from the exhaust, 4 people(2children), no one having a helmet, and the man riding was on the phone.

If the cops were honest, what would be the fine? Will he get arrested? What about the jail term?
Just curious…